CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W208 CLK55 AMG M113 Supercharge Conversion HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 03:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M113 E50 6-speed, 2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Kaleb Bailey
I will be clarifying the wiring harness information regarding making the M113K harness work on the W208 chassis still, just haven't gotten around to it yet! This doesn't allow for everything to still be plug and play necessarily, as programming still needs to be done for the ECU. However, it will have you situated so the wiring is complete and it will simply be a programming issue at that point.
When I build/code/marry the K ECU for these swaps I make the stock body plugs plug & play. No modification whatsoever. Only the K engine harness and stock NA body harness.

- Josh Chase
The Mercedes Swap Shop
(760)793-1372
Old 05-26-2023, 02:54 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
When I build/code/marry the K ECU for these swaps I make the stock body plugs plug & play. No modification whatsoever. Only the K engine harness and stock NA body harness.

- Josh Chase
The Mercedes Swap Shop
(760)793-1372

Exactly what Josh said! When doing this kind of swap, I seriously and HIGHLY recommend Josh/MercedesSwapShop for tuning (ECU, TCU) and adapting the M113K ECU + Harness to your chassis. He has been an amazing help, good response times, and amazing customer service! It's a pleasure working with you Josh!
The following users liked this post:
PHILLYCLSJOE (12-17-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 02:55 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
A youtube video covering this swap would do really well! I know we have a ton of customers that we would direct to your channel

I plan to cover it/do a write up type of format to release to help others. Just working out the last few little issues to have everything working perfectly and get some dyno results to have a full circle video for everything!
Old 05-30-2023, 10:35 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeJErnst
You are on a slippery slope my friend. :-) Fuel system upgrades can get complicated and expensive real fast.

I would tackle the fuel pump/filter issue first - get the car running with your N/A motor on a fuel pump/filter that will support the eventual supercharger and bigger injectors. You will have to do some research to figure out how much fuel flow you will eventually need to support the horsepower you want, then find a pump, filter, and regulator that will work. A good place to start is the fuel flow calculator on the Injector Dynamics website: http://injectordynamics.com/injector-selector/

To keep things simple I would try to find a filter/regulator from another car that has the same pressure (80psi?) but can handle more flow than the stock NA m113 filter in the W208. Did any of the M113k cars come with external fuel pumps? You might be able to do an external adjustable regulator with a Bosch -044 pump and a generic aftermarket filter. You'll have to get creative.

Hey Joe, I read on your website that you had an issue with the stock saddle tank creating a problem for you with the siphoning pick up on the driver side not wanting to move gas to the passenger side for the main pump. How did you end up solving this? I am currently having this issue, but it is saying my tank is at 3/4 tank. Is there any easy way to check for a blockage somehow? (like having access to this siphoning device from above through the backseat area?). I checked both pre-pump and after-pump fuel filters and both are clean. I checked the immediate area around the in-tank fuel filter and found no debris. At this rate, I will need to keep my car above 3/4 tank otherwise it will drop fuel pressure.

Anyone else with knowledge on this topic, PLEASE chime in. Right now the car is not capable of doing more than an hour cruise before needing a fill up
alexis lehavre (08-28-2023)
Old 05-30-2023, 10:47 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Hey Joe, I read on your website that you had an issue with the stock saddle tank creating a problem for you with the siphoning pick up on the driver side not wanting to move gas to the passenger side for the main pump. How did you end up solving this? I am currently having this issue, but it is saying my tank is at 3/4 tank. Is there any easy way to check for a blockage somehow? (like having access to this siphoning device from above through the backseat area?). I checked both pre-pump and after-pump fuel filters and both are clean. I checked the immediate area around the in-tank fuel filter and found no debris. At this rate, I will need to keep my car above 3/4 tank otherwise it will drop fuel pressure.

Anyone else with knowledge on this topic, PLEASE chime in. Right now the car is not capable of doing more than an hour cruise before needing a fill up
I should like to add, my current assumption is that I may have a blockage in this siphoning tube some how. I wonder if there is an easy way to get in the tank from above to remove it and clear the hose? If I need to cut out a panel under the backseat, I will do so. Just need advice if that's a good or bad idea!
Old 08-24-2023, 12:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 Mercedes S600
Exactly what im wanting to do to my E55. Subbed to this thread and cant wait for more updates!
Old 08-24-2023, 12:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 Mercedes S600
Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09

- Josh Chase
The Mercedes Swap Shop
(760)793-1372
Out of curiosity, do you reckon you could fit an M275 into a W210 E55? Do you think it even fits?
Old 08-24-2023, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts
2019 Jeep Trackhawk, 2002 CLK55, 2014 911 Carrera
I should like to add, my current assumption is that I may have a blockage in this siphoning tube some how. I wonder if there is an easy way to get in the tank from above to remove it and clear the hose? If I need to cut out a panel under the backseat, I will do so. Just need advice if that's a good or bad idea!
Sorry I missed this. I've been kinda busy the past few months moving across the country. I'm finally getting time to do car stuff again...

Where do you have the return line plumbed into the tank? Did you reuse the stock hose with the new fuel pump setup? Are you running the -044 pump at full speed? If so, it should provide plenty of flow for the siphon to work. It'll pull fuel from the driver's side and transfer it over to the passenger side as long as there's enough flow. If it gets too low, it won't work and you'll end up with a driver side full and the other one empty.
I doubt there is a blockage in the siphon tube, but it comes out through the bottom of the tank. I don't remember which side, but there are two ports (one on each side of the tank) that have separate sending units, and one of them has the siphon tube built-in. Google for diagrams or used tanks and parts for sale on eBay and you'll be able to sleuth it out.

FWIW, I just set mine up to monitor fuel levels on each side separately. I could see the fuel levels changing when I sat in the garage running the pump hotwired for testing purposes.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Just curious Joe where are you moving to?
Old 08-27-2023, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts
2019 Jeep Trackhawk, 2002 CLK55, 2014 911 Carrera
Originally Posted by tlambert
Just curious Joe where are you moving to?
I’m near Raleigh, North Carolina now.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
I’m near Raleigh, North Carolina now.
Wow that was a big move! I’m 3 1/2 hrs south of you in Lexington SC. We will have to get together at a track at some point!
Old 08-28-2023, 08:20 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Sorry I missed this. I've been kinda busy the past few months moving across the country. I'm finally getting time to do car stuff again...

Where do you have the return line plumbed into the tank? Did you reuse the stock hose with the new fuel pump setup? Are you running the -044 pump at full speed? If so, it should provide plenty of flow for the siphon to work. It'll pull fuel from the driver's side and transfer it over to the passenger side as long as there's enough flow. If it gets too low, it won't work and you'll end up with a driver side full and the other one empty.
I doubt there is a blockage in the siphon tube, but it comes out through the bottom of the tank. I don't remember which side, but there are two ports (one on each side of the tank) that have separate sending units, and one of them has the siphon tube built-in. Google for diagrams or used tanks and parts for sale on eBay and you'll be able to sleuth it out.

FWIW, I just set mine up to monitor fuel levels on each side separately. I could see the fuel levels changing when I sat in the garage running the pump hotwired for testing purposes.
Good info, thank you Joe! I ended up switching the return set up a little and am currently running it thru the OEM port and another port on the tank and can get the tank down to a quarter tank now before it has the issue. The return is split into 2 via a t and the oem return is coming perpendicular off the line so I don't believe it is seeing as much flow as it should. I'll be switching the lines around to see if it helps give it the extra umph. If not, I may explore using an aux pump to move gas from one side of the tank to the other. Currently, the car is being ran with an AEM400lph pump with the harness upgrade to get power directly from battery with thicker gauge wire. Just have to find the balance I guess.

Congratulations on the move and to a beautiful spot too!
Old 11-18-2023, 09:38 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Hello everyone, it's been a while since the last update! How things have changed and how fast it happened lol

There's a lot to update on, so I'll break it down into sections. The first will cover the fuel tank issue solution. The stock W208 tank uses a specific amount of fuel pressure through the stock return line to siphon fluid to the passenger side tank. I've remedied the return situation using a ball valve fitting that is inline with the non-stock return line I added. Below is a picture of the valve.

The red-marked line is the stock return. The green-marked line is the additional return line. The orange box is the ball valve. I installed it and started the car with the valve 100% open. I closed it in small increments, checking the fuel pressure on my gauge every time. I turned the ball valve closed until the fuel pressure on my gauge started to increase, then backed it off slightly to allow my fuel pressure to return to normal and kept the valve at that location. The reduction in flow from the ball valve increased pressure in the stock (red) return line and allows it to now siphon fluid like a stock tank and everything is now working perfectly normal again! I'm honestly disappointed I hadn't thought of this solution sooner, but it's all good now.

Next up, I finished the headlight intake design. Below shows a few pictures of the process, as well as the finished result. During the winter months, I'll be insulating the intake tubing and the intercooler itself to really step it up another notch.

Almost forget but remembered while writing this up. I also installed a Quaife LSD to help get power to the ground and what a difference! I cannot recommend it enough. It makes the whole car so predictable and increases drivability like no other. Below are pictures of the install for that as well. It does require machine work to make a groove in the axle-spline since the limited-slip carrier changes the retaining clip feature to an internal clip design. I have a picture of it somewhere and will add it if anyone wishes to see it. It also requires you to chamfer an edge (which is shown below) on the axle-spline to allow the internal retaining clip to slide over the axle and lock into the groove.

Last but definitely not least, is the interchiller install (the difference this has made for my IATs is incredible). After 2 hours of driving with multiple pulls, I can park the car and put and hold my hand on the supercharger without any burning. The ram air headlights make a huge difference in IATs as well and you can notice the difference they make when you hit 70 or higher.
The first picture shows the crash bar cut open. There's a brace piece at the bottom that makes it difficult to mount the interchiller itself. However, this piece left just enough room to squeeze the nut and a box-wrench in to turn it and torque it.

Here's how the car sits currently with everything done to it! Very fun car, still getting the tune finalized but that won't be finished until spring next year so I have better, warmer weather for data logs. Currently, I have traction issues at 60mph if its anything less than 55 F outside. Also forgot to mention I installed a hood vent to help remove heat from the engine bay. This is another one of my favorite mods because it really lets you hear that supercharger! Sadly, I'm still waiting on the Moscow Supercharge headers, going on 1 year since I ordered them and still nothing. I'll be experimenting with some exhaust work over the winter and will be installing the lowering springs and struts in a few weeks. Once the tune is finalized, I'll be going to get another dyno run to see where it'll be sitting for a while

PHILLYCLSJOE (11-19-2023)
Old 11-19-2023, 08:11 AM

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG: 2004 S55 AMG

Very Well done Kaleb, it's coming together nicely. Love the headlight design and functionality.

Interchiller is a great upgrade. I just picked up a unit for my S55 that i hope to have installed before next summer. From everything I've read and see online they help a ton with IAT's and work like a charm. Just out of curiosity where did you mount the switch to turn it on?

I can relate to your MSC header frustration. Took Mine every bit of 6-7 months, hopefully they show up soon.

You should post up a good long driving video. would love to hear how the car sounds, especially that supercharger. I know you love your insta thot music vids but a nice raw driving video would be swell.

Good stuff bud, keep up the good work.

Joe
Kaleb Bailey (11-23-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Nice job Kaleb. Where did you get the hood scoops?
Kaleb Bailey (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 06:20 AM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by tlambert
Nice job Kaleb. Where did you get the hood scoops?
Thanks! I have 2 smaller ones I'd still like to add right over the header locations. The hood vent came with 3 pieces (2 smaller ones, and the larger one that you see on the pic). It's from Summit Racing and is originally for a C6 Vette.

They are Trackspec T1 Hood Louvers C6T1HL-B.
Summit's PN for them are Part Number: TAK-C6T1HL-B
Old 11-24-2023, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Thanks for the info!
Old 12-13-2023, 03:18 AM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by PHILLYCLSJOE

Very Well done Kaleb, it's coming together nicely. Love the headlight design and functionality.

Interchiller is a great upgrade. I just picked up a unit for my S55 that i hope to have installed before next summer. From everything I've read and see online they help a ton with IAT's and work like a charm. Just out of curiosity where did you mount the switch to turn it on?

I can relate to your MSC header frustration. Took Mine every bit of 6-7 months, hopefully they show up soon.

You should post up a good long driving video. would love to hear how the car sounds, especially that supercharger. I know you love your insta thot music vids but a nice raw driving video would be swell.

Good stuff bud, keep up the good work.

Joe
Hey Joe, apologies for missing that question! If it's still helpful, I installed the switch on the plastic trim piece that mounts under the dashboard in the drivers foot area with enough space away from the hood release to not accidentally hit the switch. I can grab a picture of it if you'd like!

ti
Another update for everyone as well - I am currently installing the H&R springs (on the front) and am waiting for the dealer to receive the new spring pads. I am trying #2 pads but may have to change these out for #3 pads depending on actual vehicle drop with my wheel/tire setup. Rear suspension will be finished in early January most likely due to the holidays. Also, I have finally received a tracking number for the MSC LTHs so now it's just counting the days until they are here and I get them installed. I picked up a welder a little bit ago and have been practicing so I will be doing my own exhaust and documenting that process as well to see how good AND different I can make it sound!
PHILLYCLSJOE (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 12:45 PM

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG: 2004 S55 AMG
Good Stuff! Just in time for Christmas, gotta love that.

I'll have to do more research on the pads themselves, not sure i fully understand but I've also never installed any suspension comments before. I was under the assumption that a simple set-up like some H&R springs and some Bilsteins would be enough of a drop, but maybe not. Like you said i guess it also depends on the wheel set-up you're running.

I think I've made the decision for the time being to run a set of 18" Renntech wheels i picked up, but i may go with a different tire size both front a rear. My car in particular defiantly needs a drop, but i'll see how much the H&R's lower it and go from there.

Actually doesn't look too bad in that picture but in person it looks like a truck. Especially in the rear, it has to come down a bit.

She's been on the back burner since i picked up the S55, but i have a ton of really cool parts just waiting to be installed. I'll document all of that as well. Hopefully get a few videos uploaded on youtube as well.

Good stuff bud, keep us posted.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215
Originally Posted by Katiliuk4s
In what car you swaped? what size pulley you use? Injectors? Tune? Fuel pump? Is it 5g or 7g transmission?
Hello. Were you able to solve the problem with the gas cut-off?
Old 07-25-2024, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215
M113 sc swap

Hello. I have completed the supercharger project for my m113 engined cl500 vehicle, which I started about 1 year ago. First of all, I would like to thank Kaleb, the owner of this title. When I started this swap business, I saw his thread and had the opportunity to purchase a nice compressor kit. Kalep gave me unlimited information on this subject and was never selfish about what he knew. My vehicle was a 2004 model 7-speed CL500. Now it is still a 7-speed cl55 compressor. After struggling with a throttle cutout around 1800 rpm for a long time, we eliminated the problem with the ecu software. I would like to point out that there is no problem with the car right now. The performance of the vehicle is better than I expected. He's going crazy. I didn't expect it to be this good. It took me a long time to take care of the vehicle due to my busy schedule. I did the supercharger installation almost like kaleb. Instead of just shaving the front engine cover, I replaced it with one suitable for the CL55. I hope those who want to do this project can find this topic and benefit from it. I thank Kalebe for everything 😊
PHILLYCLSJOE (08-02-2024)