CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Brighter, Whiter Smile Upfront...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005 | 02:15 PM

AMG, Ferrari, Lexus
Brighter, Whiter Smile Upfront...

Ok, I have Xenons but I hate the yellow hue of the fogs and the parking lights. Anyone here change the other ones to a whiter bulb? I would have to change (4) in total (2 fogs+2 parking lights).

Is the installation hard? Also, what bulbs would I need? I am trying to achieve this kinda look below (see attached pics...)
Attached Thumbnails Brighter, Whiter Smile Upfront...-xenon1.jpg   Brighter, Whiter Smile Upfront...-xenon2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2005 | 10:47 PM

W208
It can be do easy. Piaa has the blubs you need. I did high beams,fogs and park lights for about $170.00. I'll see if I can find the part #s.Rock on!
Old 02-24-2005 | 11:11 PM

01 clk55 cpe
Yes...those ugly yellow lights

My clk55 comes with xeon headlights.
I would love to change the inner 2 yellow looking lights on my clk55
and the fog lights too so I would be grateful for the information.

Does anyone know if I have to mess around with the system, that is, to
reprogram it so that it knows that the bulbs were changed?

Thanks...

Last edited by clk55fan; 02-24-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-25-2005 | 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by clk55fan
My clk55 comes with xeon headlights.
I would love to change the inner 2 yellow looking lights on my clk55
and the fog lights too so I would be grateful for the information.

Does anyone know if I have to mess around with the system, that is, to
reprogram it so that it knows that the bulbs were changed?

Thanks...
Not sure which style bulbs your CLK uses, but if you look in the manual, then call SPP (www.supremepowerparts.com), they can help you out with your decision if you tell them you want superwhite bulbs to match your xenon headlights. They sell PIAA and their own line of bulbs (which are cheaper and just as high quality, IMO) for very reasonable prices.
Old 02-25-2005 | 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
CLK Rob turned me on to led's which I installed in the parking light socket of the high beam housing. I am happy with them - totally got rid of the amber glow. One thing though, they are advertised as "white" but have a purpleish/blue hue to them when lit and are not bright but look cool.

If you haven't already cleared your turn signal indicators (the yellow portion above your main headlights) I also installed the stealth bulbs from this site and am very happy with them:

www.stealthauto.com
http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/Cu...px?CategoryID

The following is from Rob's post and relates to the parking light replacement.:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/BA9S6_specs.htm

BA9s-W4 White LED bulb
BA9s Bayonet base bulb with 4 Super White 3mm LEDs
Available for 6 or 12 Volt AC/DC operation
$ 2.98

*note if you get these bulbs, you will need to file off one of the prongs to make them them fit into the benz housings of the H6W. If you don't, you wil break the housing. (Easy Mod)

I don't have the yellow side marker lights on my front bumper so can't help you out there.

Good luck - and yes I own the car described below - not the green thing depicted in my other post.
Old 02-27-2005 | 12:50 PM

02clk55///2010GLK350
To change the yellowish light(running lights) open hood, there is a 3 inch back cover behind light unit..there are 2 bulbs(top is high beam - bottom is running light). You will be surprised how small the bulb is. Open the right side first(more room). To take out running light(it is on bottom) just turn counterclockwise about a qtr turn. The high beam has 2 spring like wires that hold the bulb in place(pull off the wire connector first...easier to manipulate spring). to change all 4 is about 15 minutes).
The fogs are a different story. You have to get under the corner of the bumper. You will see 3 screws that hold on the splash guard..remove them and the guard will come off. The back of the fog light has a U shaped spring that holds on the back of the fog assembly. snap it into the down position and the back will come off exposing the bulb. To remove it...it is just like the high beam spring(above). It is not hard..just a pain to work (i jacked car up to make easier.
Hope that helps