CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

official clk63 black series base price...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ferrari 360
official clk63 black series base price...

according to an official mb dealer memo dated 4/4 the new clk63 black series will have a base price of $135,000, 500 horsepower/465 lb-ft of torque, 19" forged alluminum multi spoke wheels and an estimated 0-60 of 4.1 seconds - yikes!!! launch is stated as being scheduled for early sumer 2007...

hope this is helpful...
Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 AM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10
thanks for the info. I was going to go down and put a deposit at my local MB dealership tommorrow but at that price i think I'll go the used ferrari 360 route now!
-marc
Old 04-07-2007, 01:19 AM

04 CLK 500, 07 GSX-R 750, S 550, 09 Jeep GC
Originally Posted by moldowan
thanks for the info. I was going to go down and put a deposit at my local MB dealership tommorrow but at that price i think I'll go the used ferrari 360 route now!
-marc
That's what I'm Talking About

Good Choice!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
135,000 is expensive, but appropriate for this car among other MB price tags, considering all MB lineups are overpriced to begin with.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:04 PM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
These prices are PURE SPECULATION. At the AMG event held in NYC Thursday night I pressed the CEO of AMG for a price on this car. He told me flat out, there is NO pricing available as of yet, but we should have a price by the end of the month. As fare as I'm concered I believe HIM and no one else. All other prices flying around on this forum is pure bull ****!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Sorry, I don't believe there is any "official" MB memo on pricing yet from the dealers. There's more internet rumors than fact. I've checked with the special vehicle manager at Fletcher Jones, which is the largest MB dealer and as of 4/6/07 no pricing info yet. They were told, 22 special cars for the US, presumably the US allocation of the 40 AMG is producing as commemorating AMG's 40th anniversary. My guess is a premium price over the CLK 63 black, most likely special paint and some badges. (We don't need no stinking badges).

Realistically, this car falls in price between the SL55 at 135K and the CLK 63 cab at 89K. What's its competition? The Porsche GT3 at 106K stripped.
This AMG car will appeal to the guys who have had turbo porsches,other amgs and high performance sports cars. The fact it can carry two golf bags is enough utility for me. (Something the porsche can't do.)

For the haters who give a laundry list of higher performace cars, you have no clue on the engieering that AMG put into this car to make it track worthy, something Gallardo, Ford GT,and the Z06 lack. Tommy Kendal previewed this car on Speed last year driving at Hockingheim. It was painted orange and the video is on the AMG private lounge site. I would want one in orange.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
MBH

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Sorry, I don't believe there is any "official" MB memo on pricing yet from the dealers. There's more internet rumors than fact. I've checked with the special vehicle manager at Fletcher Jones, which is the largest MB dealer and as of 4/6/07 no pricing info yet. They were told, 22 special cars for the US, presumably the US allocation of the 40 AMG is producing as commemorating AMG's 40th anniversary. My guess is a premium price over the CLK 63 black, most likely special paint and some badges. (We don't need no stinking badges).

Realistically, this car falls in price between the SL55 at 135K and the CLK 63 cab at 89K. What's its competition? The Porsche GT3 at 106K stripped.
This AMG car will appeal to the guys who have had turbo porsches,other amgs and high performance sports cars. The fact it can carry two golf bags is enough utility for me. (Something the porsche can't do.)

For the haters who give a laundry list of higher performace cars, you have no clue on the engieering that AMG put into this car to make it track worthy, something Gallardo, Ford GT,and the Z06 lack. Tommy Kendal previewed this car on Speed last year driving at Hockingheim. It was painted orange and the video is on the AMG private lounge site. I would want one in orange.

+1 What Jim said, but I'll take mine in Silver or Black
Old 04-07-2007, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I got the dealer info sheet on the CLK63BE, and there is no pricing.

Paint is limited to Black, red, white, silver and metallic black. Black only interior.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 PM

2001 ferrari 360
Originally Posted by MBH
These prices are PURE SPECULATION. At the AMG event held in NYC Thursday night I pressed the CEO of AMG for a price on this car. He told me flat out, there is NO pricing available as of yet, but we should have a price by the end of the month. As fare as I'm concered I believe HIM and no one else. All other prices flying around on this forum is pure bull ****!!!!
mr. mbh - as to your comment that "prices are PURE SPECULATION" and "pure bull***", i would like to apologize to you...

i was simply trying to provide information that came my way that i thought might be helpful to other subscribers to the forum... i certainly did not have a situation where i "pressed the CEO of AMG" for a price - i simply got my information in a memo from mercedes benz usa to mercedes benz dealer principals with the subject line reading "my2008 cl63amg, s63 amg and clk63 amg black series pricing and product information"...

i have attached the memo for those of you that would like to see it and may attach more credence to it than someone from AMG...

again, mr. mbh - i was simply trying to be helpful and i'm certain that your conversation is way more accurate and the attached memo is pure fabrication...

as a suggestion, perhaps you might want to work on rewording your posts or be VERY sure of their accuracy prior to accusing others of passing along "pure bull***"

but that's just my opinion - and i - or you - could be wrong...
Attached Thumbnails official clk63 black series base price...-my2008-amg-announcement-cl63-s63-clk63-blk-series.jpg  
Old 04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
MBH

Originally Posted by cantdrive55
mr. mbh - as to your comment that "prices are PURE SPECULATION" and "pure bull***", i would like to apologize to you...

i was simply trying to provide information that came my way that i thought might be helpful to other subscribers to the forum... i certainly did not have a situation where i "pressed the CEO of AMG" for a price - i simply got my information in a memo from mercedes benz usa to mercedes benz dealer principals with the subject line reading "my2008 cl63amg, s63 amg and clk63 amg black series pricing and product information"...

i have attached the memo for those of you that would like to see it and may attach more credence to it than someone from AMG...

again, mr. mbh - i was simply trying to be helpful and i'm certain that your conversation is way more accurate and the attached memo is pure fabrication...

as a suggestion, perhaps you might want to work on rewording your posts or be VERY sure of their accuracy prior to accusing others of passing along "pure bull***"

but that's just my opinion - and i - or you - could be wrong...

Several others from the NYC metro area including myself attended the AMG event this past Thursday night. The CEO of Mercedes AMG made the presentation. He did NOT mention a price. After the event myself along with others on this forum asked him the price. He said " We donot have Pricing for this vehicle" I then asked him when would we expect pricing and he said " Later this month". That was it. Not sure what that memo of yours says since it's impossible to read, but when you personally hear it from the horses mouth everything else is seems mute. I will wait to hear the final price later this month.

Last edited by MBH; 04-07-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by MBH
I will wait to hear the final price later this month.

The price won't be lower.
I have an official paper with the german list price. It's EUR 119.000 (without VAT), including VAT (19%) it's EUR 141.610.
This car surely can't be much cheaper than $130.000 in the US although the cars are normally cheaper in the US than in germany.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:21 PM
MBH

Originally Posted by boborola
I have an official paper with the german list price. It's EUR 119.000 (without VAT), including VAT (19%) it's EUR 141.610.
This car surely can't be much cheaper than $130.000 in the US although the cars are normally cheaper in the US than in germany.
Like I said boborola I am not speculating on the price, I will just wait for the final pricing. I really have no idea what it will be and I'm not going to guess at it.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:22 PM

08 E63
As of today I have seen both the memo (it is real and was sent to all dealers) and I was in attendance when Volker and the rest of MBUSA & AMG staff on hand in NYC said final pricing has not been determined. Less than $150k was the only number I could get.

Maybe initial response to the $135 pricing was not what they expected, good or bad. Bottom line is until it is published to the public, which has not happened, that pricing can change. As for now the internal number is $135K.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 PM
MBH

Originally Posted by ShelleE55
As of today I have seen both the memo (it is real and was sent to all dealers) and I was in attendance when Volker and the rest of MBUSA & AMG staff on hand in NYC said final pricing has not been determined. Less than $150k was the only number I could get.

WOW all the way from San Diego for the NYC show. I hope you had a good time in NYC. Was it cold enough for you? Your lucky to be back home it is going to be in the 20's tonight
Old 04-07-2007, 10:58 PM
PPN

Lovely car.

Lets suppose they price between 125k and 145k. A Free market economy, supply and demand, "dealer adjustment", blah, blah of another 25K-50K you're now in the 150K-195K range before taxes and license. Lots of nice cars fall in the "adjusted" price range.

I guess it's still cheaper than a DTM.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Question CLK63..... Do I need one?

I talked to am area Mercedes dealer and I have the opportunity to be first on their list for their CLK63. My question to him was what size comparison is it to the SL550 I have and since I have the SL550, why would I want the CLK63? I understand the performance part and exclusivity, but other than it being a coupe, why would YOU want one?

My SL550 is fantastic and smooth as hell! I would guess the CLK63 AMG would ride pretty firm although corner like Gorilla Glue. BUT..... having a couple other fairly quick cars, do I really need the CLK63? I believe he told me it was slightly smaller in size than the SL550.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm really not up to date with the MB line-up. Magwheel

p.s. Jim..... I love that line (High Sierra with Humphrey Bogart) and have been using it for years!!!

Last edited by magwheel; 04-07-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by boborola
Porsche lists its GT3 at 111,000 euro.in Germany. The US price is $106,000. both base cars, so the conversion doesn't work most of the time. In this example the the US price for a GT3 would be 148,000 dollars if it were a straight conversion.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Originally Posted by magwheel
I talked to am area Mercedes dealer and I have the opportunity to be first on their list for their CLK63. My question to him was what size comparison is it to the SL550 I have and since I have the SL550, why would I want the CLK63? I understand the performance part and exclusivity, but other than it being a coupe, why would YOU want one?

My SL550 is fantastic and smooth as hell! I would guess the CLK63 AMG would ride pretty firm although corner like Gorilla Glue. BUT..... having a couple other fairly quick cars, do I really need the CLK63? I believe he told me it was slightly smaller in size than the SL550.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm really not up to date with the MB line-up. Magwheel

p.s. Jim..... I love that line (High Sierra with Humphrey Bogart) and have been using it for years!!!
I'd say considering your current line-up and the fact that you could argue your Porsche GT3RS and Ferrari F430 have very similar characteristics, WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU BUY THE CLK63 Black????
If anything, it would just continue your "Best of Europe" garage theme.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by magwheel

Mag,
I wanted something different than the porsche track day car,and I've had a few. I passed on an RS or rather the market adjustment in California puts it closer to F car pricing, which I wasn't interested in. Looking at the specs, AMG really engineered the car with extra cooling for trans, engine, and p/s. The Tommy Kendall video of him driving the prototype said thats the car.

BTW, you can win some bar bets because nobody get the name of the movie right. It's The Treasure of the Sierra Mardre. They always leave out "the".
Old 04-09-2007, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MBH
Hey MBH, I think you might have taken my picture with Volker. I remember that the guy we asked to take the picture was asking him about pricing...was that you? Here is the pic:

EDIT: I am on the right.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:46 AM

Mag, BTW, you can win some bar bets because nobody get the name of the movie right. It's The Treasure of the Sierra Mardre. They always leave out "the".
Oh yeah, You just had to bust my *** in front of millions and millions of people! You're right and I'm wrong! You've made me feel so bad, I'm gonna sell all my cars! Way....... No Way!

'High Sierra' was another one of 'Bogies' movies. I sometimes get those two mixed up..... happens art my age! I'm gonna have to keep you in mind for my online 'Wikipedia' personal edition! Mags
Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=magwheel;2129079]Oh yeah, You just had to bust my *** in front of millions and millions of people! You're right and I'm wrong! You've made me feel so bad, I'm gonna sell all my cars! Way....... No Way!

'High Sierra' was another one of 'Bogies' movies. I sometimes get those two mixed up..... happens art my age! I'm gonna have to keep you in mind for my online 'Wikipedia' personal edition! Mags[/QUOT

Mags,
Only 638 ! views. But I do like your taste in movies as well as cars.

Question back to you if you had to replace one of your stable with the CLK63 black, which one would it be. (not the Toyota).
Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 AM

Unhappy Only 638 !

[/QUOTE]Jim,

Question back to you if you had to replace one of your stable with the CLK63 black, which one would it be. (not the Toyota).[/QUOTE]

Here we go again! Hey Jim, Check this link out..... it will give you something to do for the next day or two. http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic.php?t=37585

"Views..... what views? We don't need no stinkin views!" Oh yeah..... how about 97,805+ of them?

Back to you Jim...... Who said this and where? "If your gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk about it!" Mags

p.s. As far as getting rid of a car for the CLK63, maybe the Cayenne Turbo S. It's kinda an in-between car. It's a lot of fun and faster than hell. The interior is really laid out nice and the exterior with the black-out package really makes it look like a SR-71 Blackbird on wheels but once the snow hits the ground, it's useless! She's like Penny-Loafers on a sheet of ice!!! And I'm not gonna change tires and wheels so I can drive her in the snow..... that's why I have the FJ and the Tacoma! Mags
Old 04-10-2007, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim,

Question back to you if you had to replace one of your stable with the CLK63 black, which one would it be. (not the Toyota).[/QUOTE]

Here we go again! Hey Jim, Check this link out..... it will give you something to do for the next day or two. http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic.php?t=37585

"Views..... what views? We don't need no stinkin views!" Oh yeah..... how about 97,805+ of them?

Back to you Jim...... Who said this and where? "If your gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk about it!" Mags

p.s. As far as getting rid of a car for the CLK63, maybe the Cayenne Turbo S. It's kinda an in-between car. It's a lot of fun and faster than hell. The interior is really laid out nice and the exterior with the black-out package really makes it look like a SR-71 Blackbird on wheels but once the snow hits the ground, it's useless! She's like Penny-Loafers on a sheet of ice!!! And I'm not gonna change tires and wheels so I can drive her in the snow..... that's why I have the FJ and the Tacoma! Mags[/QUOTE]

Mags,
Eli Wallach I think, I was in college when the Clint was cool in The Good the Ugly and the bad, (correctly translated).
I just sold my Cayenne turbo and the CLK63 black will occupy that garage space. Do you track any of your stable or just pet em.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:28 PM

360 Spider
For the money, I'd rather have this:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: official clk63 black series base price...