CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Clk63 Hp ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
Clk63 Hp ???

I was reading on the E63AMG section that they have been seeing really low dyno numbers around 380whp. My big question is, are we going to see this in the CLK63 BLACK? Have those low numbers been addressed? Any insight would be great? I would hate to buy this 135k car and find out it only makes 380 to wheels. And yes, the HP is very important to me. If they claim 507, it better make damn close to that I can buy an evo for 30k and put an intake, exhaust, and flash the ecu for $1800 and make those hp/tq numbers

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-17-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:56 PM

GT3
Is this the World's best kept secret??? Have the low dyno numbers on the E63AMG's been fixed?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
Why don't you ask over on the E63 board? They're the ones with the issues...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 AM

GT3
Thanks Alan Smithee for a very wonderful useless post. I did and hadn't got a response so I figured I'd post it here as well. It's a 63 series motor and the post will fit here and many other places. I am suppose to put a deposit on the car and didn't want to unless I heard some new inspiring news.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
Or you can just go buy an Evo and mod it.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:00 PM

GT3
Don't hate little Alan Smithee. My evo was the fastest stock turbo evo in the nation(11.56 w/ just an intake, exhaust, and ecu flash). And thanks to some useful posters on here I put a deposit down on the CLK63 Black. Good luck with your trolling
Old 04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Mercedes AMG much like porsche is conservative regarding their horsepower numbers. I believe the motors are dyno'd after their built. If their not within spec they are disassembled. Since the variation of numbers posted is reletive to the dyno operators I take most internet stuff with a grain of salt.
We really don't know if the numbers posted were done in dyno mode, and there is some question whether the esp can be totally shut off. That in my mind would impact the numbers.

The 55k motors had more torque and therefore were little quicker on the drag strip. I think the clk63 black will be up to the task with the proper break in.

FWIW, you'll get better responses from the board if your question didn't appear as if it was an attack on the mothership.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Or you can just go buy an Evo and mod it.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Talking Most-Wanted....... not here!!!

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Don't hate little Alan Smithee. My evo was the fastest stock turbo evo in the nation (11.56 w/ just an intake, exhaust, and ecu flash). And thanks to some useful posters on here I put a deposit down on the CLK63 Black. Good luck with your trolling

BFD...... Why don't you just go out and buy a Kaw NINJA ZX-14 and then you won't have to worry about your damn horsepower paranoia and leave us 'normal' posters alone. Plus.... then you can brag about how you can shut down every Merc in the Nation. Unless you don't have 'gonads' for it!!! Well do ya???

BTW..... I can see you're real popular over here with your own thread on horsepower!

I guess anyone who questions your sanity is a Troller...... huh? Magwheel (aka 'troller' by Most-Wanted) Most-Wanted by who? Yourself?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Wow, a lot of anger going on here.

Read some of the more recent E63 dyno runs; these guys are making even more than the advertised claims (looks like AMG corrected the issues troubling some of the early 63's).
Old 04-27-2007, 11:49 PM

GT3
Magwheel- Another useless post from you. Why don't you go out and drive some of your cars instead of trolling. Unlike you, I drive my cars and I spend many hours every week at the track. In fact, I just got back from 4 hours of testing a new race tire for a road race bike. I actually like to participate in motorsports instead of just telling all my friends what cool cars I have. You are an idiot who has lots of money and nothing to give to the forums. Old age crisis if I had to guess. Only 250 miles on the SLR. You are definitely a benefit to this forum. LOL.. I actually test parts and enjoy all forms of motorsports. You can hate me all you want. But, you coming on my thread and bashing shows just how immature you really are. I will also be talking with the mods about you following me around and posting off topic crap in my threads. And this reply below from you is a classic. You are going to give me crap about my accomplishments and concerns about HP. If you aren't even going to go over 100, you really should buy something like Civic or Insight. I hear they get great gas mileage. If you don't like what I have to say or post, stay out of my threads. It is an open forum for open discussion. Now everyone please read MAGWHEEL's equisite intelectual input on how some of his cars perform. And the evo remarks are ludicrous. My point was it performs as advertised. If you guys think it's all right to buy a car that doesn't perform as advertised, you really have issues or money to burn. Now for the last time, I feel my concern about the HP issue is very legitimate and if you don't like it, TOO BAD.

POSTED BY MAGWHEEL HIMSELF
Hi BiTurboAmg, I'll probably disappoint you by telling you I haven't got on it yet because I still only have 250 miles or so on her. But..... even when she does get her 'break-in' mileage, not being a top end speed freak, I'll probably only get her up to 110-120 mph. I'll leave that high-end stuff for younger, more confident and crazier drivers! BTW..... I've never had a 65.

This is the best part LOL.......
As far as the GT3RS, I absolutely love her. I had an 07 997 Turbo which by all accounts is faster.... but the RS is so much more 'brutal' appearing with the 'big wing', graphics and wider ***-end! It seems to ride firmer too.... and I haven't even put her in Sport Mode which I guess makes her firmer riding and growl more! Mags

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-28-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 PM

GT3
Now back on topic. HLG600- I believe you are correct. I have always had good luck with AMG and the cars have always performed exactly as advertised. Some people are giving me a hard time about my concerns, but I think it is a respectable concern. It does seem as though the newer 63 series are starting to perform well. I'm not in it for the E55 vs E63 debate, just whether or not the CLK 63 will perform as expected. It not all about HP, but if they are claiming 507, it should be reasonably close. Thanks for the insight and on topic post

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-28-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Talking Magwheel..... You are an idiot!

[QUOTE=Most-Wanted;2169108] Magwheel- Another useless post from you. Why don't you go out and drive some of your cars instead of trolling.
As you will note in my Signature..... I have 10 cars. I can only drive them one at a time unless you can tell me how otherwise. AND.... I don't brag about anything. I list my signature like almost everyone else on the board does. If that's bragging, I guess everyone else is too. BUT.... bragging is what you did trying to convince all of us that you had the fastest 'evo' in the nation. BTW.... you're on a Mercedes Board not a Mitsubishi board! You are an idiot who has lots of money and nothing to give to the forums. Old age crisis if I had to guess. There's always that possibility! Only 250 miles on the SLR. Let me guess.... I suppose you'd drive it all Winter long in the snow and in the Fall and Spring rainstorms because you a 'die hard' track man. Apparently you don't care about trying to keep a supercar in excellent condition! You are definitely a benefit to this forum. Well.... I think I am. I try and strictly talk about MBs in general (on this board anyway) and I don't crack on other peoples cars like you seem to enjoy doing! I will also be talking with the mods ( ) about you following me around and posting off topic crap in my threads. 'evo' is on topic? If you aren't even going to go over 100,..... Hell boy, I've been over 100 but admittedly only by 20 or 30 mph. I suppose in your book that is the true 'Man's test'.... to go over 150 or more. I've seen plenty of you 'high speed' jerks in pictures wrapped around telephone poles, trees and other cars because you guys have something to prove at 'high speeds' on public roads It is an open forum for open discussion. Brilliant deduction Einstein!!! Now everyone please read MAGWHEEL's equisite intelectual (Uhhhhh, it's 2 LLs rocket scientist- [intellectual]) input on how some of his cars perform. I was asked by BiTurboAmg about my GT3RS. Next time I won't answer anyone's questions because you (least-wanted) said I'm a bragger and an idiot and don't know anything about cars or speed or track time! And the evo (must be a MB I'm not familiar with!) remarks are ludicrous.

I suppose I should leave you alone from now on because you can give criticism but you can't take it in return. BUT..... remember 'least-wanted', this is a Mercedes forum not a Japanese car forum!

Last edited by magwheel; 04-28-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:41 PM

GT3
Why are you so angry? Is it because your old and going to die soon. Why don't you cuddle up in rocker, pull the hearing aid out, and watch some Matlock. Since your life is almost over, it may be time to find God and learn to treat people with a little more respect.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:24 PM

Angry Your old and going to die soon.

Why are you so angry? Is it because (your) (Uhhhh.... it's you are - another faux pas by least wanted) old and going to die soon. Why don't you cuddle up in rocker, pull the hearing aid out, and watch some Matlock. Since your life is almost over, it may be time to find God and learn to treat people with a little more respect.
Well now....... That's a brilliant statement! Especially since it could also be directed to every member of MBWorld.org Forums that is my age!!!

Oh..... you're gonna be real popular here now! First you 'smack down' on the CLK63s and Mercedes for supposedly misrepresenting their cars and then you insult every member here over the age of 50! Real genius you are! Magwheel

Last edited by magwheel; 04-28-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:39 PM

GT3
Turn it around anyway you want. That was meant for you as you are the only tool here that feels it necessary to harrass me. You have followed me around and attacked me and now I am going to do the same. I asked you nicely to keep the posts relevant and you took it upon yourself to bash my threads. I am going to give you the same courtesy. By the way, what are you doing tomorrow that will be productive. I'm giving a demonstration for kids to promote safety and to keep the racing on the track.

And as a side note, I did not say anything about MB misrepresenting their cars. I said I had heard members complaining their cars were not performing as expected. I even stated my car performs exactly as advertised, so I have no idea where your getting your mislead information. And I never put a smack down on the CLK Black. You really need to learn to read or keep your pointless babble to yourself. I have a deposit on the CLK Black and you started this pissing match with me. So keep it that way. I will continuely and gracefully attack you every time you attack me.

Here once again is the original post you thought was so out of place.

Clk63 Hp ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading on the E63AMG section that they have been seeing really low dyno numbers around 380whp. My big question is, are we going to see this in the CLK63 BLACK? Have those low numbers been addressed? Any insight would be great? I would hate to buy this 135k car and find out it only makes 380 to wheels. And yes, the HP is very important to me. If they claim 507, it better make damn close to that I can buy an evo for 30k and put an intake, exhaust, and flash the ecu for $1800 and make those hp/tq numbers

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]I don't see anything about bashing CLK Blacks or me saying MB misrepresents their cars. I was only repeating what I had heard and am concerned about the issue. Which by the way, I am confident was just a few low dynoing cars. /COLOR]

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-28-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Turn it around anyway you want. That was meant for you as you are the only tool here that feels it necessary to harrass me. You have followed me around and attacked me and now I am going to do the same. I asked you nicely to keep the posts relevant and you took it upon yourself to bash my threads. I am going to give you the same courtesy. By the way, what are you doing tomorrow that will be productive. I'm giving a demonstration for kids to promote safety and to keep the racing on the track.

I have a deposit on the CLK Black and you started this pissing match with me. So keep it that way. I will continuely and gracefully attack you every time you attack me.
You around kids..... Ohhhh that's just great! I'm sure you'd set a fine example for our children!

BTW...... Why do I have a feeling you've seen the Will Farrel movie, 'Blades of Glory' two or three dozen times?

Old 04-28-2007, 09:33 PM

GT3
Your too much much OLD MAN. Keep em coming and I'll do the same. I have never seen that movie and haven't been to a movie theatre in years. I try to stay productive unlike some sore *** old man like yourself. Sounds like you've had a pretty rough life. Did your Mom not love you or did your Dad beat you? They have people to help you with problems like those. I am a great example by the way. Trying to teach kids to keep racing on the track instead of city streets and killing innocent people. Nothing is worse to hear than a 17yo kid getting 2 dui manslaughter charges and 2 vehicle homicide manslaughter charges. If the charges stick he will face life in prison. Yet it happens because they have no guidance. Kind of like you showing absolutely no respect to someone you don't even know. Not sure how you ever got to where your at with your lack of people skills. Oh wait, yeah I do, you said it was because of your Dad and his hard work or you'd be driving a scooter. Keep talking crap and I will keep on giving too.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-28-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:42 PM

I'm done over here because I just recalled a quote that applies to you and I forgot to follow its rule!!!

"Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience."
Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 PM

GT3
Sounds good to me. Now we can get back on topic. I believe HLG600 and Jim Brady had stated it best and with that I am confident MB is on top of things. I am completely satisfied with my AMG. I do look forward to dynoing the CLK Black and having some fun with it.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:58 AM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10
"the internet"- the new place for rage
this thread sucks BTW
Old 05-05-2007, 06:31 PM

GT3
moldowan-sucks because you still drive a car with a 55 series motor and you have 63 envy??? I would love to know why this thread sucks?? Are all you MB a$hols the same or are there some decent people around?? Asking question's about motors that had early issues is by no means a waste of time. But people like you are....................

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-05-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:35 AM

2005 S55
moldowan-sucks because you still drive a car with a 55 series motor and you have 63 envy??? I would love to know why this thread sucks?? Are all you MB a$hols the same or are there some decent people around?? Asking question's about motors that had early issues is by no means a waste of time. But people like you are....................
sucks cause you and the other guy who bought 7 cars this year ( ) are acting like morons. he may have started it but you went all the way there with him. sometimes these are fun to read but this one is like phillipino slap fighting or something ..

perhaps if you just stuck to the topic yourself the other guy would look like the idiot he is .. instead he drew you in and you both look stupid.

just my .02 cents .. but back to the slap fighting by all means!!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:38 AM

2005 S55
O .. and i drive a non-amg, non turbo, non supercharged and non v12 car, but i admire the hell out of them .. though you can feel free to bash me too for my lack of amg pedigree .. cause it's true.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:56 PM

GT3
shaw01- I would never bash you or anyone for driving a non AMG, supercharged, V12,etc car. Everyone has their taste and preference. I tried sticking to the topic, but he followed me around to other posts and set me on fire. But you are 100% correct, I did stoop to his level. All is well now. I have learned all the info I needed to make a decision. As for buying 7 cars this year, not me. I can't come close to his array of vehicles, nor wish to. I have to work very hard just to have the C55 and Porsche Cayenne S that I have. Thats why I was so concerned about the early issues of the 63 series motors. It would be my largest car purchase ever and just didn't want to have regrets or remorse

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-19-2007 at 09:59 PM.