CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Be's tranny?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:42 PM

How were they polled?

Fact (in my, and some, other cases)

Direct contact by "high level" Mercedes Personnel. While informal, opinions and reactions were sought about the upgrade and willingness of owners to pay for it. (My answer was: Why should we pay additional for something that they didn't think should have been in the car in the first place (MB certainly charged enough for the car initially)?

What were the parameters set for the "upcharge?

Opinion

I would suspect that given the high cost of the (re)programming to be incurred in Germany (for US customers) and the uncertainty or inability to recover the costs that the project quickly became a non-starter.

Summary

The above opinion is consistent with the tone of the informal survey, and therefore I wasn't surprised when the effort was dropped. And, that is why I think looking for changes now is a futile (but valiant) effort.
Old 02-03-2009 | 03:44 PM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by LZH
I would be happy to compile a list of owners who might be interested in this upgrade. I'll start a seperate thread and an submit a letter to my contact at AMG. I know they said they would not do this, but it seems like they may reconsider and the more owners we get the better our chances may be.
Count me in Luke.
As far as I know, (and I dont know that much) There is no difference between the Mechanicals of the C63 and BS. All it would take is and ECu upgrade.
Old 02-03-2009 | 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by fickleone
..... (My answer was: Why should we pay additional for something that they didn't think should have been in the car in the first place (MB certainly charged enough for the car initially)?
Good answer.
Old 02-03-2009 | 04:21 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Eitan1
Count me in Luke.
As far as I know, (and I dont know that much) There is no difference between the Mechanicals of the C63 and BS. All it would take is and ECu upgrade.

Correct - and from what I understand, in Europe, they will reflash cars with the newer software. Also, I believe the legal issues in the US were the primary reason they did not make this functionality available. Hey, it can't hurt to ask again and they seemed receptive to revisit the issue. I'll start a new thread now.

Anyone interested please post your thoughts...
Old 02-03-2009 | 04:49 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Here's the thread I started. I've spoken to my contact at AMG and given him this link as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...ml#post3325676