CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Finally got my BS to the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 BS
Originally Posted by MOFLO
Great track day! There is definitely an improvement of car control, driving line and braking compared to your initial videos. Remember smooth inputs is faster times even though it doesn't 'feel' like it.
Believe or not its all because of the SS lines! I am finding out that braking is my biggest issue with the car. I contacted Brembo and I am taking the car for inspection, sounds like an expensive job but I think it will be totally worth it. I am looking to install the GT upgrade, run them down by next year and then change the rotors and pads to the racing ones (basically doing the GTR mod on instalments! Hahahahahaha).
Old 03-15-2015, 09:58 PM

CLK 63 BS
There are a few factors that come affect the brake temps that we discuss in previous posts, driving style being one of them. I don't recall if you are using the factory or upgraded rotors?

All steel rotors are going to retain a percentage of the heat generated on heavy braking. Some of the newer advance rotors made with various metals may dissipate heat better. The rotor size (like brembo GTR) may make a noticeable difference compared to material of the rotor or brake pads for heat dissipation. Try different brake pad materials like Blue or Orange stuff from EBC.

You may have to go with a different material all together, like carbon ceramic or carbon carbon rotors and pads. With the GTR or Carbon brakes, you will need at least 20" wheels to fit over the brakes.

I posted a similar question in the private lounge:
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...otor-Air-Ducts

Good luck!
Great link! It's comforting to hear that I am on the right pass. I think that brakes is the most important mod on the black series (for track enthusiast). I simply can't handle any more power without being able to stop the car properly. MOFLO how is the blip? Did you also change the valve body?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:02 PM

CLK 63 BS
I also called my Porsche friends asking for there times on the circuit, we are talking of good drivers with race experience they claimed 1.56 vs my 2.00.5 in GT3's! One of them said the clk should do better due to the horse power difference, but I guess brakes have to be fixed first!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by seiffikry
Great link! It's comforting to hear that I am on the right pass. I think that brakes is the most important mod on the black series (for track enthusiast). I simply can't handle any more power without being able to stop the car properly. MOFLO how is the blip? Did you also change the valve body?
The blips (rev match) is great! So much fun to drive around town with! I haven't had time to do another track day yet. Others may have and can give their experience thus far.

There is no need to change or modify the vale body. I did do an ECU tune also but its not producing such an increase in power to warrant any type of valve body upgrade. Once this 6.3L motor gets above 800 HP then its time to look into transmission and differential upgrades. This is not my plan for the car but others looking for 1200+ HP from this 6.3L motor.

Overall, I recommend doing the blip (rev match) to the CLK63BS as it completes (or gets closer to completing) this amazing example of AMG engineering. I really think it is the one modification that AMG should have done before it left the factory. Probably why its also in every AMG since 2010...
Old 03-16-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by seiffikry
I also called my Porsche friends asking for there times on the circuit, we are talking of good drivers with race experience they claimed 1.56 vs my 2.00.5 in GT3's! One of them said the clk should do better due to the horse power difference, but I guess brakes have to be fixed first!
Not that I don't believe you, but I'm having a difficult time believing you are only .445 seconds away from a GT3 time with a nearly factory CLK63BS.

Is the time being measured through the same methods?
Old 03-16-2015, 09:39 PM

CLK 63 BS
Not that I don't believe you, but I'm having a difficult time believing you are only .445 seconds away from a GT3 time with a nearly factory CLK63BS.

Hahahahaha i wish I am! I am 4.5 seconds slower
Old 03-16-2015, 09:44 PM

CLK 63 BS

The international circuit at the Dubai Autodrome is a power circuit. I think I will be 6-8 seconds slower on the GP circuit.

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/project/track-map/
Old 03-16-2015, 09:48 PM

CLK 63 BS
The blips (rev match) is great! So much fun to drive around town with! I haven't had time to do another track day yet. Others may have and can give their experience thus far.

There is no need to change or modify the vale body. I did do an ECU tune also but its not producing such an increase in power to warrant any type of valve body upgrade. Once this 6.3L motor gets above 800 HP then its time to look into transmission and differential upgrades. This is not my plan for the car but others looking for 1200+ HP from this 6.3L motor.

Overall, I recommend doing the blip (rev match) to the CLK63BS as it completes (or gets closer to completing) this amazing example of AMG engineering. I really think it is the one modification that AMG should have done before it left the factory. Probably why its also in every AMG since 2010...
I wanted to do the valve body upgrade to get crisper and faster shifts (that's what the guys from Silber arrows claim). Did you feel a difference with the Ecu tune? What sort of HP is your car putting out?
Old 03-17-2015, 05:47 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Taking mine on track for the first time next month, really looking forward to it!