CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BLK/BLK CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
I'm sure some of you already seen this. M6 doesn't have a chance. So whats makes the M5. The Black has already proven what it is capable of. It's AMG first car that's porven to handle. This was AMG's biggest goal in my opinion. This car has gotten so many great reviews that there has not been one negative thing said about it. I can't wait to see the SL65 BS? Down below are reviews on the car.

CLK63BS VS BMW M6
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zNzuI7LO5lE

Car and Driver Road Test
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ries_road_test

Motor Trend First Drive
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ies/index.html
If you're one of those very lucky few, do yourself a favor and get a new plasma TV to go with your AMG. Prop up the screen where the rear seat used to be, then pop in a good Formula 1 DVD. At least that way it'll look like a bunch of F1 cars are running in your wake. Otherwise, what you're likely to see in the rearview mirror keeping up with your Black Series is...nothing.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by AmgAutobahnAuto
I'm sure some of you already seen this. M6 doesn't have a chance. So whats makes the M5. The Black has already proven what it is capable of. It's AMG first car that's porven to handle. This was AMG's biggest goal in my opinion. This car has gotten so many great reviews that there has not been one negative thing said about it. I can't wait to see the SL65 BS? Down below are reviews on the car.

CLK63BS VS BMW M6
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zNzuI7LO5lE

Car and Driver Road Test
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ries_road_test

Motor Trend First Drive
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ies/index.html
Wow! Good post AmgAutobahnAuto! This pretty much sums it up for me. That video was dead on as far as comparing apples to apples:

Both cars were:

1. 07' models
2. Coupe's
3. High performance division in its respect classes (M series vs AMG series)
4. Even with the CLK63 being a BS edition, they both have pretty much the same performance specs as listed below:

The 2007 BMW M6 is a standout -- even in a stable of cars as impressive as that of Bavarian Motor Works. The V10 under the hood (5 liter) churns out 500 horsepower allowing the driver to take full advantage of seven speeds from a manual sequential gearbox. Just hearing the engine turn over makes your heart race a little -- with good reason. The M6 makes the zero to sixty leap in just 4.6 seconds. An electronic governor stops the M6 at "only" 155 mph, but you get a sense this one would literally fly without that artificial limitation

2007 CLK AMG Black Series
Meanwhile, the Benz's 6.2-liter V8 takes the classic character of a V8 and pushes the envelope. Sure, this 32-valve DOHC engine belches out 465 lb-ft of torque, but it also does so at 5,000 rpm — a higher engine speed than is usually seen in an engine with this much displacement. This relatively high torque peak gives way to an even higher power peak of 6,800 rpm, when 500 hp is at your command. And without hesitation this V8 will bounce off its 7,200-rpm rev limiter while making a sound like God's own bulldozer.

So like you, the question becomes. How could a M5 beat a BS when a M6 couldn't? It's just a question
Old 07-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Almost a Member!

///M3
Originally Posted by MARTYMAR
So like you, the question becomes. How could a M5 beat a BS when a M6 couldn't? It's just a question
It simply can't.. But, correct me if I'm wrong, the M6 was already 2 years old (technology-wise) when the first CLK63 AMG BS came out... What I'm trying to say is that you have enough time to tune a car to beat another one in that time frame. Similarly, BMW is tuning the hell out of its e92 M3 to beat other cars out there, the new Corvette, the GTR, etc.. That's how the automotive industry evolves... So unfortunately, a full unbiased comparison is not possible...
Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by theConqueror
It simply can't.. But, correct me if I'm wrong, the M6 was already 2 years old (technology-wise) when the first CLK63 AMG BS came out... What I'm trying to say is that you have enough time to tune a car to beat another one in that time frame. Similarly, BMW is tuning the hell out of its e92 M3 to beat other cars out there, the new Corvette, the GTR, etc.. That's how the automotive industry evolves... So unfortunately, a full unbiased comparison is not possible...
I agree with what you said except for that last sentence: "a full unbiased comparison is not possible." How so? 2 cars with the same specs, coupes in their respective classes not be compared without being biased? Most magazines like Edmunds, Car & Driver etc always tend to be biased leaning more toward the BMW no matter who the competitor is! This has been the case for sooo many years since the M3 has been crowned "King" NOW finally, the M class has been (IMO) Dethroned and folks can't accept that...why? Lexus is slowly creeping up too but right now the CLK63 AMG BS is KING!!! Spin it the way you want, it doesn't matter because the PROFESSIONAL drivers have already compared the two and the bottom line is the CLK63 can't be touched by an M5 no matter how marginal the numbers are.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
New track record on Nurburgring go to the BMW M3 "CSL" with the times of 7.22.04 (that's faster then the new Corvette "ZR1" times of 7.26.04 and 2009 Nissan GT-R times of 7.29.03). I think the Clk 63 "BS" best time was in the 7.3x.xx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL7T9...8_archive.html
Dude - Are you still posting this garbage ??? Did you not learn your lesson the first time??? The link you posted is to a FULL RACE CAR, moron. No comparison whatsoever for the discussion of ROADCARS.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Almost a Member!

///M3
Originally Posted by LZH
Dude - Are you still posting this garbage ??? Did you not learn your lesson the first time??? The link you posted is to a FULL RACE CAR, moron. No comparison whatsoever for the discussion of ROADCARS.
+1 you can't really compare a race car with a production car..
Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Almost a Member!

///M3
I agree with what you said except for that last sentence: "a full unbiased comparison is not possible." How so? 2 cars with the same specs, coupes in their respective classes not be compared without being biased? Most magazines like Edmunds, Car & Driver etc always tend to be biased leaning more toward the BMW no matter who the competitor is! This has been the case for sooo many years since the M3 has been crowned "King" NOW finally, the M class has been (IMO) Dethroned and folks can't accept that...why? Lexus is slowly creeping up too but right now the CLK63 AMG BS is KING!!! Spin it the way you want, it doesn't matter because the PROFESSIONAL drivers have already compared the two and the bottom line is the CLK63 can't be touched by an M5 no matter how marginal the numbers are.
Ok, so let's say something like an M6 CSL is due out in 2010 as the competitor of CLK63 AMG BS, and beat the hell out of it. What does that make CLK63 AMG BS? A loser? I don't think so... The reason why regular M6 was put in market is probably to compete with the already existing CLK63 AMG, and it did so successfully in the past. Then Benz came up with the BS, and it turned out to be better than the M6, so be it.. I don't know how that makes either one KINGs of anything... Both cars have different selling points, that's why some prefer one over the other. If one was the KING, then who would buy the other?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
So....when you're cheerleading, are you at the bottom of the pyramid or the top?

The M3 is still the best car IN ITS CLASS, that's what you're missing. This is hardly an apples to apples comparison. Wait for BMW's CSL's to come out before you start yapping about "King" this and that. No offense to the CLK BS which is a wicked machine, BMW doesn't have anything in that category.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
The reason why regular M6 was put in market is probably to compete with the already existing CLK63 AMG, and it did so successfully in the past.
This statement doesn't hold water - the M6 was not developed to compete with the CLK 63, becasue no fixed roof CLK 63 has ever been produced for North America. And all this talk about, "wait for the CSL version in 2010" is complete rubbish. If that's someone's argument, then it only means that BMW is late to a game they are already loosing.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
So....when you're cheerleading, are you at the bottom of the pyramid or the top?

The M3 is still the best car IN ITS CLASS, that's what you're missing. This is hardly an apples to apples comparison. Wait for BMW's CSL's to come out before you start yapping about "King" this and that. No offense to the CLK BS which is a wicked machine, BMW doesn't have anything in that category.
Are you dumb or dumber? We're talking about the M5 Not once did I mention the M3 not being the best in its class nor did I say anything negative about it. The next time you decide to "Add your 2 cents" just get your facts straights. So I guess your cheerleading and have not a glue what your cheerleading about ehh? Anyway, theConqueror I get what your saying. Every 4-5 years automakers up the ante on their cars pushing the performance levels to new heights. So in that regard it is kind of hard to compare "apples to apples" unless 2 cars from different companies that were on the market in the same year directly challenged each other.....kind of like what the ISF and the M3 was supposed to do except the IS F is a sedan! I guess that would be too bold and risky. Why don't MB and BMW just come right out and say: "This new car is a direct challenger to BMW's M5 and vice versa?" So then it would be a direct challenge to each other!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you dumb or dumber? We're talking about the M5 Not once did I mention the M3 not being the best in its class nor did I say anything negative about it.
For starters, you were talking about the M3, mommy drop you on the ol' short term memory too many times?

This has been the case for sooo many years since the M3 has been crowned "King" NOW finally, the M class has been (IMO) Dethroned and folks can't accept that...why?
You even mentioned the M3 and the IS-F as well. My facts are plenty straight, and quoted from your own words.

kind of like what the ISF and the M3 was supposed to do except the IS F is a sedan!
P.S.- There's an M3 Sedan!!! Surprise!!!! Looks like you don't have your own facts straight.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
For starters, you were talking about the M3, mommy drop you on the ol' short term memory too many times?

You even mentioned the M3 and the IS-F as well. My facts are plenty straight, and quoted from your own words.

P.S.- There's an M3 Sedan!!! Surprise!!!! Looks like you don't have your own facts straight.
LOL...dude you are truly simple. AGAIN, did I say anything negative about the M3 or was I just voicing my opinion? Another thing, how often do you or should I say, have you SEEN or HEARD about a M3 Sedan racing a IS F? My point exactly. I would say 90% of the time when the M3 comes to mind one is referring to the coupe not the Sedan. geeezzzz. Your trying to hard here. I'll tell you what YOU WIN!! I wouldn't dare spend another minute arguing over something so lame Be good and I'll make sure to wave to you while you're on that little yellow bus with your helmet
Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Almost a Member!

///M3
Originally Posted by LZH
This statement doesn't hold water - the M6 was not developed to compete with the CLK 63, becasue no fixed roof CLK 63 has ever been produced for North America. And all this talk about, "wait for the CSL version in 2010" is complete rubbish. If that's someone's argument, then it only means that BMW is late to a game they are already loosing.
Umm but there is/was a convertible M6 for NA, you know that, right? Also, if your argument is the bolded one above, one can say the same thing for the Benz, since it looks like that's what they have done with all the CLK63 AMGs in the past prior to the BS..
Old 07-18-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL...dude you are truly simple. AGAIN, did I say anything negative about the M3 or was I just voicing my opinion? Another thing, how often do you or should I say, have you SEEN or HEARD about a M3 Sedan racing a IS F? My point exactly. I would say 90% of the time when the M3 comes to mind one is referring to the coupe not the Sedan. geeezzzz. Your trying to hard here. I'll tell you what YOU WIN!! I wouldn't dare spend another minute arguing over something so lame Be good and I'll make sure to wave to you while you're on that little yellow bus with your helmet
Hey douchetool, I never accused you of saying anything negative about the M3, I just said you needed to do a little more fact checking. Matter of factly I said you were "Missing" something, because you were. Your comparison was "apples to oranges" and still is. Then you went all squirrelly ranting about the M3 and IS-F and caught amnesia as soon as I posted.

Second of all, what the hell kind of sentence is this??

Another thing, how often do you or should I say, have you SEEN or HEARD about a M3 Sedan racing a IS F? My point exactly. I would say 90% of the time when the M3 comes to mind one is referring to the coupe not the Sedan.
Your statement was entirely opinionated, and entirely from your own perspective. M3 Coupe and Sedan are nearly identical. In fact the Sedan is often said to make a better track car because its B-pillar provides rigidity over the "long door" style of coupes. Most E36 track cars are Sedan types.

Second of all, what the hell difference does it make? Nice short bus jab by the way, that one hasn't been run over a thousand times, do you write all of your own material?

And of course you're probably not done contradicting yourself, because now you're going to respond to me even though you've said you're "done".
Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 PM
LZH
Banned

Umm but there is/was a convertible M6 for NA, you know that, right? Also, if your argument is the bolded one above, one can say the same thing for the Benz, since it looks like that's what they have done with all the CLK63 AMGs in the past prior to the BS..
Dude - you have no clue what you are talking about. How does my statement about BMW being late to the game by coming out with the CSL version in 2010 have ANYTHING to do with MB producing CLK 63's in the past ??? And furthermore, the only CLK 63 produced has been a convertable...
Perhaps you are a bit confused.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Almost a Member!

///M3
Originally Posted by LZH
Dude - you have no clue what you are talking about. How does my statement about BMW being late to the game by coming out with the CSL version in 2010 have ANYTHING to do with MB producing CLK 63's in the past ??? And furthermore, the only CLK 63 produced has been a convertable...
Perhaps you are a bit confused.
If you read one more time, carefully this time, you'll understand
Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM

2005 E55
BMW just doesn't offer anything in the BS's class. I'm confident that they are more than capable of building something that costs $130-140k and well outperforms their current M offerings, but my guess is that it doesn't make economic sense given the limited market. I'm sure they won't have an answer for the SL BS, either, unless they green light a new M1 or something.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

2008 BLK/BLK CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
It doesnt matter what Bmw and Bmw drivers think or say. I feel as those Benz has been in complete control from day one. I have respect for Bmw but not there drivers. AMG will always be ahead no matter what. I love when Bmw driver talk as even "Wait until the CSL comes 2010". What do you think Benz will have by that time. The CLk63 conv doesnt seem to bein so great since its conv. So what do you think Mercedes is working on?

Mercedes always will have an answer for Bmw.

Just like they did with the 63's Bmw has gone on long about how Benz has superchargers and turbos. Now that they have a N/A V8s with 450+ in which Bmw couldnt as you seen from the V10's and I6 Turbos in the 3 series. As you seen the Black has proven on the track. Mercedes seems like they are going in the rite direction Bmw I wish them Luck nothing good since the Z8 or 850csi
Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 PM

M3
Story from Car and Driver

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...series_feature

Cant wait until this baby gets here next week

I LOVE AMG...........
I hate doing this but this guy is really something else.

I'm a member over on M3forum where genius here decided to spam the forum wanting to race a supercharged E46 M3 from 50-155mph.... Seriously not only is that beyond stupid but your risking peoples lives.

I'm not here to bad mouth any benz, in fact I give a lot of respect to the black series. It just sad this guy has the brain capacity of that of a 7 year old and sees nothing wrong with racing on a public roads up to 155mph.

1. He doesn't have his black series yet.
2. Claims hes beaten an M6... (I guess with his imaginary bs that he hasn't even received yet?)
3. Copies and pastes what Jeremy Clarkston writes about the black series and tries to play it off like he wrote it.

Besides the few members I see in this thread I see a lot of boy racers, like those I would find on a Honda forum, just talking massive **** for no apparent reason.... I love how most of you stereotype all BMW owners to be a55holes, but get mad when anyone stereotypes a benz owner to be a 60 year old on viagra who owns a glorified Diamond Chrysler.... Grow up and show respect where respect is due. It's a thing called being humble.

For the few who show respect to you fella's. Love the car and would like to maybe trade up for one or a porsche 997 when I get tired of the M3.

Heres the link where genius spouts off...
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=220735
Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Blown M3
Why waste my time. I tried to be nice and I have owned a e46 M3 before. For some reason BMW drivers think there the best. I have no time on my hand to argue with kids. I rather poop on them on the road
I dont think im the best. But i dont come on here calling out all AMG's to race either like u did on the e46 forum, which is pathetic btw. and why are u calling out a SC M3 anyways. U will get walked. U really think your stock AMG BS is going to be anywhere near 123mph traps?? i say 118 at best. I believe car and driver has u running a 12.6@115. So im being generous. I like AMG cars, as i just had a newborn so i am looking into getting a E63. But lets not be unreasonable here, the e46 M3 just started to get high in the HP game. With cars trapping @133mph and a few pumping out more than 850whp. Im just curious, do alot of AMG's trap mid-120's(because to my knowledge u would need quite a few mods too, considering i ran an evosport stage 2 E55 and beat it decently)(i also ran a modded renntech SL65 and got my *** handed), also any that trap 133+? Not trying to stir an argument here but there will always be somebody faster, and does it really matter if its an AMG or M series. In the end i am just a car enthusiast and for me i prefer different cars for different purposes. Hell, a modded STi with a good driver will destroy us on a road course given equal power.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:50 PM

SLR
Hey AmgAutoBahn, why dont you follow up on your spam thread over on the M4 forum? you have yet to reply, you pretty much just got owned out the ***

You Make a thread on this Very poorly laid out fourm and you come over the the M3 forum to post, why? Is it because you feel threatened by the M3 and M5? Why dont you cut the crap and start acting a tad bit older

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26728521618475

Last edited by JonD; 07-18-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:52 PM

SLR
lol he Claims he's geting a CLK 63 BULL your one of those annoying kids who goes around the forum and makes up lies on cars that he dreams of getting one day

Even if you were actually getting one, man i hate to tell you but you just lost alot of money only to be beatin out the *** by an M3 man

Damn kids, Face the music bro MB has always tailed BMW no questions asked..

Your AMG is a crap ball

Last edited by JonD; 07-18-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:58 PM

M3
^^ don't drop to his level. Black series is a phenomenal car. Don't take it out on the car cause the owner is an idiot.

for the guy who pm'ed me. heres my response since your pm box is full

AmgAutobahnAuto was a BMW fanboy until he bought the CLK Black.

You may take him back now.

You can keep him with the price of the e46 m3 dropping down into the 20's we have enough fast and furiously fake kids to deal with.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
It doesnt matter what Bmw and Bmw drivers think or say. I feel as those Benz has been in complete control from day one. I have respect for Bmw but not there drivers. AMG will always be ahead no matter what. I love when Bmw driver talk as even "Wait until the CSL comes 2010". What do you think Benz will have by that time. The CLk63 conv doesnt seem to bein so great since its conv. So what do you think Mercedes is working on?

Mercedes always will have an answer for Bmw.

Just like they did with the 63's Bmw has gone on long about how Benz has superchargers and turbos. Now that they have a N/A V8s with 450+ in which Bmw couldnt as you seen from the V10's and I6 Turbos in the 3 series. As you seen the Black has proven on the track. Mercedes seems like they are going in the rite direction Bmw I wish them Luck nothing good since the Z8 or 850csi
Please keep posting, you're making it clear morons aren't restricted to being BMW owners. Firstly, what does the first thing I bolded in your quote even mean? It is incomprehensible. I'll take a stab at a reply and say, yes, the V8 is NA but is is 6.2liters so the strong output is no surprise. Motorsport and AMG have a different approach to performance engines but that does not make one marque inferior to the other. Secondly, the Z8 was okay but a bit of a mish-mash of a car built for a Bond-movie while the 850CSI was hardly the light-on-its-feet driving tool the 2001 E46 M3 proved to be.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:08 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Hey douchetool, I never accused you of saying anything negative about the M3, I just said you needed to do a little more fact checking. Matter of factly I said you were "Missing" something, because you were. Your comparison was "apples to oranges" and still is. Then you went all squirrelly ranting about the M3 and IS-F and caught amnesia as soon as I posted.

Second of all, what the hell kind of sentence is this??

Your statement was entirely opinionated, and entirely from your own perspective. M3 Coupe and Sedan are nearly identical. In fact the Sedan is often said to make a better track car because its B-pillar provides rigidity over the "long door" style of coupes. Most E36 track cars are Sedan types.

Second of all, what the hell difference does it make? Nice short bus jab by the way, that one hasn't been run over a thousand times, do you write all of your own material?

And of course you're probably not done contradicting yourself, because now you're going to respond to me even though you've said you're "done".
No comment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track