CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by AmgAutobahnAuto
Is there a problem with loving money? Last I checked its what life is all about.
Uh, well...I had a bit of respect for you since you bought a BS. But after seeing your Myspace page and reading the quote above, well...you have a lot to learn kid. Life is NOT all about money. Perhaps you might come to understand that one day....
Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Is there a problem with loving money? Last I checked its what life is all about. I dont consider anything free. Its to badd that you have problem with myspace. It at least shows you that I am REAL
We all love money, that goes without saying, I don't think you need to start off your profile biography by saying it. Maybe try a phrase that gets the same point across but is not so in your face and tacky. Maybe you should re-word it to something like " I enjoy the finer things in life", it's all about the delivery my friend.

BTW; If you really bought a BS (I have no reason to doubt you at this point), why don't you wande over to the E Class W211 secton and click on the Sticky at the top of the page for the East vs West M-B/AMG drag meet at MIR in November. Guys from this board from all over the country are heading out there to see who's got the fastest E, CLK, S, SL, CL, etc in the country. It is right in your backyard, man up and sign up.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Is there a problem with loving money? Last I checked its what life is all about. I dont consider anything free. Its to badd that you have problem with myspace. It at least shows you that I am REAL
You're still young, it's ***** to the wall for you and I think we all understand that. Good for you, a lot of us are/were probably just like you when we were your age. Money is NOT what life is all about and you will hopefully learn that. Your myspace will probably evolve with your life experiences and the people you come in contact with...... hopefully. Enjoy, it's not a pratice run!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Some other members already pointed out a few things about you, no need for me to elaborate further on that subject. You are young and I don't know how much experience you have behind the wheel of fast cars so here is my advice. The BS is a very fast car and is not that easy to drive at the limit. Things happen quiet quickly in that car and you have to be on your toes. Otherwise you are going to be a passenger behind the wheel and that is never a good thing. I know you are very exited to get your new car, just take it easy in the beginning and get used to how the car reacts to your inputs. Don't try to be a Schumacher on your first time out because nobody here wants to see you getting peeled off some wall because you want to race some M3. The BS is in another category than a M3, S/C or not, so no need to proof anything.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BLK/BLK CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
YOU ALL ARE COMPETELY RIGHT. I BELIVE I WILL LEARN IN TIME. UNTIL THEN IM JUST TRYIN TO MAKE WHATS BEST AND ENJOYING MY LIFE. WE ALL LEARN SOMETHIN NEW EVERY DAY. I APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIOINS AND RESPECT THE REPLY'S FROM ELDER AMG MEBERS. IN TERMS OF ME GETTING THE CAR. IT WOULD BE MY 3RD AS I CURRENTLY DRIVING A CHRYSLER 300 DAILY TO WORK. I HAVE NO TRACK EXPERIENCE. BUT HAVE DRAG BEFORE. I AM SORRY FOR IMMATURE EGO. I ALSO HAD NO INTENSIONS TO MAKE ANY PROBLEMS ON MBWORLD AND M3FORUMS . I AM SORRY TO YO ALL.

THANK YOU,
MARTY
Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Marty - I think I speak for everyone in saying that we appreciate your humility and willingness to be an active member here. You may be young, but you also seem to have an open minded head on your shoulders. SMP is right....the Black Series is something you need to treat with respect or it'll bite you in the *** - HARD. As fast as it is, I feel that it is also very communicative at the breaking point and gives a good driver plenty of feedback when the limit is near. Take it to the track (not the drags) and try to get some time behind the wheel on the skidpad. After learning it's limits and toasting a set of tires you will be much more comfortable driving it quickly. Best of luck and post some delivery pics when it arrives.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Okay Marty, big test here, please read posts #'s 1, 28 and 38 in the following thread:
M5 Board

You are among the gifted, in that you can drive a truly elite car. However, you must respect the car because it can bite your head off, and your girlfriend's head and your best friend's head and the heads of assorted other loved ones.

The Bible says, "With age comes wisdom."

I couldn't understand that when I was your age. I hope you're smarter than I was.

Mike

PS. In case the Bible verse doesn't stick, some years ago, I was describing my new tennis racket to a friend and he responded, "A good tool never made a craftsman out of a fool."

That hurt.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
YOU ALL ARE COMPETELY RIGHT. I BELIVE I WILL LEARN IN TIME. UNTIL THEN IM JUST TRYIN TO MAKE WHATS BEST AND ENJOYING MY LIFE. WE ALL LEARN SOMETHIN NEW EVERY DAY. I APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIOINS AND RESPECT THE REPLY'S FROM ELDER AMG MEBERS. IN TERMS OF ME GETTING THE CAR. IT WOULD BE MY 3RD AS I CURRENTLY DRIVING A CHRYSLER 300 DAILY TO WORK. I HAVE NO TRACK EXPERIENCE. BUT HAVE DRAG BEFORE. I AM SORRY FOR IMMATURE EGO. I ALSO HAD NO INTENSIONS TO MAKE ANY PROBLEMS ON MBWORLD AND M3FORUMS . I AM SORRY TO YO ALL.

THANK YOU,
MARTY
Geez Marty everytime i get ready to take the gloves off and let you have it you make a post like this - I just grabbed my hanky cause my eyes were moist. Alright ur forgiven - and just to let you know - i was waaaaayyy more retarded than you when i was your age and I worked at Chippendales (OUCH DID I JUST ADMIT THAT???) can u imagine how ridiculous i was??
If Myspace was around then i would have surely outdone yours in the sillyness factor.I can guarantee that I blew waaayyyy more money than you are ever going to in your whole life from 20-30. So I got ***** sayin anything.
Money is def. not everything and i was not one bit happier when i had a million dollars compared to having next to none. I just had more things. and let me tell you you dont NEED any of them.
If you believe that it is (money) life will have many surprises in store for you. It is obvious that you are living some of your dreams just remember to keep one foot firmly planted in reality cause as easy as it came it can be taken away and remember a little humility goes a long long way.
Enjoy the car and i'll be sure to stop by and say high one day soon.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 AM

WHT BS
cant we all get along

I cant believe all the hating that goes on between car guys. F'ing ridiculous. The only real way to tell if E46 / E92 M3 is a superior machine than the BS is to have the same driver do timed laps in both cars and the best time would decide the winner. You can put a skilled driver in a Miata and he will run circles around a moron in an M3 or black series. Obviously not on a high horsepower track. In the meantime, lets give some love and respect to one another. I have owned an e30/M3 -S/C e36/m3 -e46/m3 - 996 TT - SL55 -
07 M6 and recently purchased a BS. In my opinion they are all great cars in their own way.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Eitan1
I cant believe all the hating that goes on between car guys. F'ing ridiculous. The only real way to tell if E46 / E92 M3 is a superior machine than the BS is to have the same driver do timed laps in both cars and the best time would decide the winner. You can put a skilled driver in a Miata and he will run circles around a moron in an M3 or black series. Obviously not on a high horsepower track. In the meantime, lets give some love and respect to one another. I have owned an e30/M3 -S/C e36/m3 -e46/m3 - 996 TT - SL55 -
07 M6 and recently purchased a BS. In my opinion they are all great cars in their own way.
Way to jump in after the storm buddy. Post up pics.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Oh daamn! It's on son! CH has entered the buildin!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Been there, done that. I own a very fast E46 and on my first trip out to a road course in my bone stock BS last fall I turned consitant 3 seconds per lap faster than my faster ever lap in my M3. The E46 does not deserve to even be mentioned in the same conversation as a black series. I can not make the same comment for the E92 because I have only driven one on the street. A good friend of mine owns one and I can tell you that in a drag race, or any type of roll-on my BS beats up on the E92 very badly, granted my BS in not stock anymore, but he and I both feel that even a stock BS would beat up on him.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:06 PM

WHT BS
here are some pics. Not sure how this really applies to what i said in the earlier post. All I was saying is that there is too many people talking too much crap instead of sharing what should really just be a fun thing.
Attached Thumbnails The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-105_0548.jpg   The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-103_0335.jpg   The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-101_0178.jpg   The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-101_0177.jpg   The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-101_0181.jpg  

The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-101_0104.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
Been there, done that. I own a very fast E46 and on my first trip out to a road course in my bone stock BS last fall I turned consitant 3 seconds per lap faster than my faster ever lap in my M3. The E46 does not deserve to even be mentioned in the same conversation as a black series. I can not make the same comment for the E92 because I have only driven one on the street. A good friend of mine owns one and I can tell you that in a drag race, or any type of roll-on my BS beats up on the E92 very badly, granted my BS in not stock anymore, but he and I both feel that even a stock BS would beat up on him.
How can you even try and compare a 6 litre V8 to 4 Litre V8 in a straight line. How much skill does it take to step on the gas in a straight line. The skill is in how late you brake, how well you set up for the next apex and how much speed you can carry in / out of a turn. I a gree with you that the BS is a faster car, but dirver is extremely important to the equation.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:20 PM

WHT BS
here is another pic of a car that i use for the track. Unfortunately the file for the m6 is too big to post here, but if you like i can email it to you.
Attached Thumbnails The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track-105_0575.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
here are some pics. ...
Love that Turbo, I had the same color and savannah beige interior.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:08 PM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Love that Turbo, I had the same color and savannah beige interior.
yupp. Lapis Blue over Savannah. I miss that car. mine was an 2001. What year was yours? although i think that was the only year they made that color combo, but i may be wrong.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Yup, 2001. I had it for only 11 months and the highway noise level wore me out.

My seat time in the CLK Black tells me the 996TT is second best in corner entry, exit, ride quality and straight line speed up to 120. Not sure what happens with mods on either car.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How can you even try and compare a 6 litre V8 to 4 Litre V8 in a straight line. How much skill does it take to step on the gas in a straight line. The skill is in how late you brake, how well you set up for the next apex and how much speed you can carry in / out of a turn. I a gree with you that the BS is a faster car, but dirver is extremely important to the equation.
...is that what road racing is all about? hmmmmmm......no,! The driver is important? You are a genius. You are the one that mentioned the E46, not me! All I said was I have a REAL FAST E46 that laps over 3 seconds a lap slower than a stock Black Series, with the same driver...ME! I would guess that my modded Black Sereis can do it at least 5 seconds a lap faster.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Yup, 2001. I had it for only 11 months and the highway noise level wore me out.

My seat time in the CLK Black tells me the 996TT is second best in corner entry, exit, ride quality and straight line speed up to 120. Not sure what happens with mods on either car.
Actually I can tell exactly how it is compared to a 996 or 997 tt, or GT3. The Porsche can go a little deeper and brake about a half a marker later than the BS. But after that it's lights out for the P car. I would attribute the braking to the weight. The BS can carry more speed pre-apex and get on the gas sooner, and harder than the P car. The same P car that just out braked me is now in my way before the exit of the same turn, depending on the turn and how much room I was left I may pass him in the turn or I may just wait until we straighten out and motor past the P car like it's a toy. If you know anything about Road America you know its a HP track, long and fast.

I did about 45 laps at Road America during a Porcshe Club event and pretty much spanked every car out there excpet a couple of pro driven P Cup cars that were not on the track at the same time as me, but my times were suprisingly close to their times. Even the pro drivers and teams could not believe the lap times my car was turning.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 PM

Even the pro drivers could not believe the times my car was turning.
I can second that, but it was different and at a sponsored event by with "very" Pro drivers instructing.

The Black Series is awesome, and most "wannabe drivers" don't realize it. They are too into group think and perception to let their hair down, and tail hang out.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:44 PM

AMG LOL
Actually I can tell exactly how it is compared to a 996 or 997 tt, or GT3. The Porsche can go a little deeper and brake about a half a marker later than the BS. But after that it's lights out for the P car. I would attribute the braking to the weight. The BS can carry more speed pre-apex and get on the gas sooner, and harder than the P car. The same P car that just out braked me is now in my way before the exit of the same turn, depending on the turn and how much room I was left I may pass him in the turn or I may just wait until we straighten out and motor past the P car like it's a toy. If you know anything about Road America you know its a HP track, long and fast.

I did about 45 laps at Road America during a Porcshe Club event and pretty much spanked every car out there excpet a couple of pro driven P Cup cars that were not on the track at the same time as me, but my times were suprisingly close to their times. Even the pro drivers and teams could not believe the lap times my car was turning.
i find your posts and your attitude very abrasive. You need a hug or something.

Are you short by chance?

p.s. nice lambo doors.......

Last edited by weaksauce; 08-07-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since your are in NY. Should come by and see my liquor store

Bet 58th & 59th St.
1424 6th Ave.
New York, NY 10019

Oh Marty!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by weaksauce

Are you short by chance?
about 6'.0", is that short in your opinion? Dallas hmmmm? I'm down there all the time, better watch what you say, I own a place in Addison and there is a division of my company down there too.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by weaksauce

Are you short by chance?

p.s. nice lambo doors.......
you really are the stereotypical M3 driver. How cliched. Join the rest of your clan on Van Ness and Melrose!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Black puts M3s and M5s to shame around a track