CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Pics of another Evosport 600+HP evo3 CLK63 Black Series (Black)...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
This is a beautiful car, no question.

Maybe it's just my screen, but don't the red accents (wheel star and pinstripe) look like a lighter, "pinkish" shade of red vs. the calipers?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:52 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by WTDoom
great project . im interested to know if the ecu upgrades have had any unwanted effects . namely reduced gearbox performance (change speed ) and limp mode being engaged after hard driving .
i tried a very tuned car from a reputable german firm and it was much more powerful but i am sure the gearchange was no way near as good as a standard black .
i have also had experience of my first black series going into limp mode after being modified .
very very interesting project .
The factory ECU has load limits that need to be addressed otherwise it will go into limp mode. We address these. We have not experienced any degradation in gearbox performance as a result of a flash. In fact, quite the opposite.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
This is a beautiful car, no question.

Maybe it's just my screen, but don't the red accents (wheel star and pinstripe) look like a lighter, "pinkish" shade of red vs. the calipers?
I think you just want it to be pink But yes, it is a tad lighter but I think the photograph exaggerates the effects somewhat.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
I think you just want it to be pink But yes, it is a tad lighter but I think the photograph exaggerates the effects somewhat.
LOL, I actually would've preferred the accents to be the same shade as the calipers - would tie the overall styling together more cohesively. I'd hazard a guess that the accents would probably look more "red" if it weren't for the "real red" calipers for contrast, drawing attention that the accents are more of a pinkish hue. As you mention, they look pretty close - you've seen it in person (I haven't) so it might be even more negligible than it appears here; not for me to say.

IMHO, black w/ red accents is menacing... while black w/ pink accents is... well, girly. But to each his/her own. Besides, as long as the owner likes the end result, who cares what anyone else thinks?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
LOL, I actually would've preferred the accents to be the same shade as the calipers - would tie the overall styling together more cohesively. I'd hazard a guess that the accents would probably look more "red" if it weren't for the "real red" calipers for contrast, drawing attention that the accents are more of a pinkish hue. As you mention, they look pretty close - you've seen it in person (I haven't) so it might be even more negligible than it appears here; not for me to say.

IMHO, black w/ red accents is menacing... while black w/ pink accents is... well, girly. But to each his/her own. Besides, as long as the owner likes the end result, who cares what anyone else thinks?
Haha. Ok, for the record, it's NOT pink. It's a slightly lighter shade of red (yes, I know what pink is), but in person it looks red. I hate pictures
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
The factory ECU has load limits that need to be addressed otherwise it will go into limp mode. We address these. We have not experienced any degradation in gearbox performance as a result of a flash. In fact, quite the opposite.

ooooh do tell .....
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like this project car is for sale.

http://inventory.switchcars.com/card...TJ77H78F234013

Someone grab this quick!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Im going to need you guys to build an exhaust system for the CLS55 ASAP
Old 07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by JamE55
Looks like this project car is for sale.

http://inventory.switchcars.com/card...TJ77H78F234013

Someone grab this quick!
Yep, killer car. A fair amount over market, but for someone that wants a DONE car and would spend the $ on mods regardless, that is a deal.

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Im going to need you guys to build an exhaust system for the CLS55 ASAP
We are 90% doing this for another CLS55 show car in the next months or so. If you are serious, let me know and we can build two and reduce the "dev" costs for both of you guys!

thanks
brad
Old 10-07-2009, 03:21 AM

99 C43 AMG
im late but who cares. simply wow.

time to start saving my money
Old 08-30-2010, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think I met the owner of this car here in Vegas this morning. He mentioned he used to have an Evosport BS (he was driving an E63 this am) that has red striping on the wheels and that got me thinking about this old thread. He also told me that he has since sold this vehicle to someone in Japan.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
2004 CLK55
Originally Posted by Sincity
I think I met the owner of this car here in Vegas this morning. He mentioned he used to have an Evosport BS (he was driving an E63 this am) that has red striping on the wheels and that got me thinking about this old thread. He also told me that he has since sold this vehicle to someone in Japan.
That's him, his name is Lee. He still has a E63 he daily drives.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Car is leaving tomorrow. Here are some random shots. This will also be the car used for Vorsteiner's website to promote the CLK63 Black Series. I'm not typically a fan of black, but this car turned out WOW! Enjoy...

Mod list...

* Exterior: Vorsteiner carbon front splitter, Vorsteiner carbon rear decklid spoiler, Blacked out emblems, blacked out front grill, painted front bumper lenses, black "evosport" and "evo3" badging
* Interior: Red embroidered "AMG" logo on headrests, red "AMG" logo on ashtray
* Performance: evo full race long-tube header, evo2 ECU, evo "63" Power Pulley System (coming), evo "63" Stage 2 airbox/intake modification
* Suspension/Wheels: H&R race springs, adjusted ride height and shock valving, H&R wheel spacers (on stock wheels), Black painted stock OE wheels with red pin striping and MBZ star
* Exhaust: evo complete 3" mandrel bent, stainless tig-welded exhaust system (cat less) - RACE Version, black ceramic coated mufflers + exhaust pipes
* Brakes: evo stainless brake lines, custom RED painted AMG caliper front/rear, evo rear 2-piece rotors, upgraded pads front/rear

Wow....this is an amazing car. I think the mods list is worth almost as much as my car.