CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Just tinkering around...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec
Just tinkering around...

The grill emblem is needing to be changed on this grill, it's pretty cheap, if i can't switch it out, this is coming off. It's the first gap free 1 fin grill but the star is hideous in person.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 PM

CLK 63 Black Series
I was thinking about getting the same single bar grill but bacled out as my car is black. What's the problem with the star? Also, is this the hood that you have been working on? Is it vented so just shaped like vents? I like the hood design but wondering if the vent is functional.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Pistolero
I was thinking about getting the same single bar grill but bacled out as my car is black. What's the problem with the star? Also, is this the hood that you have been working on? Is it vented so just shaped like vents? I like the hood design but wondering if the vent is functional.
The star is a pseudo distronic star. On most oem distronic stars there is a chrome out ring and see through plastic and then the star sits behind the plastic there is also a nemblem mount behind the star. On this unit, the star sits in front of the see through plastic and there is no emblem mount behind it. It is barely adhesed around the back of the outer ring. The plan is to take the emblem mount and oem star and take this emblem out and replace the cheap emblem. If that doesn't work, I'll be switching to the stock grill.

The vents on the hood are functional. This current hood fitment is not great. In order for the hood to fit, I had a body shop alter the front end of the car. I will be posting it up in the classified section for someone to do a project with once I have the new revised unit.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 PM

CLK 63 Black Series
From the picture, the hood looks great, aggressive like the SL65 Black.

Where are you in Houston? What mods do you have on your car? I'm out in Sugar Land but work downtown. Would like to check out your car some time. Do you know how many 63 Blacks in Houston. There is a red one in my neighbourhood and I know there are 2 for sale (silver one at Momentum and white one at the dealer on 45 north near beltway 8)
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 clk63 amg black series
updated side mirrors?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 clk63 amg black series
what model are the mirrors from and are they plug and play?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:19 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
They are the side mirrors from eBay, the finish is surprisingly good and the color match is pretty good too. Just look up w209 side mirror. They are plug and play, but there is a courtesy light underneath that needs to be wired to the courtesy light in the door if you want to use that feature. By the way, it is only the mirror covers and led lights that are being changed.

[QUOTE=spifffs;4757789]what model are the mirrors from and are they plug and play?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by wonsuk_utmb; 07-16-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Pistolero
From the picture, the hood looks great, aggressive like the SL65 Black.

Where are you in Houston? What mods do you have on your car? I'm out in Sugar Land but work downtown. Would like to check out your car some time. Do you know how many 63 Blacks in Houston. There is a red one in my neighbourhood and I know there are 2 for sale (silver one at Momentum and white one at the dealer on 45 north near beltway 8)
This current hood is not the final, the fitment was terrible. I had to do quite a bit of front end modification for it to fit. A revision of this hood is currently in the manufacturing process. If all goes well it will fit great and look better.

I'm in Rice Military for now. Mods on the car are rear seat addition, painted sidemarkers, vorsteiner rear spoiler (on order). I also ended up retrofitting the oem bluetooth and oem ipod connector as diy projects. I have super minor mods (led license plate bulbs, and led interior lights) that were also diy projects.

There is a monthly auto meetup off washington (http://urbanspeed.com/)on the second sunday of each month. Maybe we can meetup there after I'm finished with the new hood. I have plans of repainting my rear fenders at the same time because of all the splatter of stonechips.

In terms of other CLK black series, I have only seen one other in town and that was in Bellaire, although I saw it for sale on ebay recently.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 PM

CLK 63 Black Series
Thanks, it would be great to meet up at Urban Speed. Do you also go to Coffee and Cars at Vintage Park? I go almost monthly (first Saturday at 7:30 to 9:30) if I am in town.