CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

my new black series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Beautiful car....nice score!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Originally Posted by ET550
The door jamb says 48F 44R and refers you to the manual for more info. The fuel door and manual both say that 38F 33R is the recommended pressure for speeds up to 155 mph, offering the best grip and comfort level (see pages 226-227 of the owner's manual). 48F 44R is only recommended for speeds above 155mph. I have 10k miles of fairly aggressive street driving on Northeast roads (no burnouts however) on my original tires and wheels using 39F 35R with no issues whatsoever . I am happy to pose the question on the next AMG private lounge chat session to see if they say anything different, but I will continue to follow the manufacturer's recommendation until I hear otherwise.
My observation is that the higher pressures are more necessary when the tires are cold. Turn-in is very sharp at the higher pressures. Once you build up to 150 mph and the tires warm, your pressures will be bery high, assuming you started at the higher rec. If you start at 40 cold in the front, 5 hard track miles will get them to 49psi. If you start at 49, the front will start to wash out after they warm up.
But, on the street, they don't jump up that much., and the higher pressures give strong consistent handling. I have run the cold track tire pressures on the street, and see that the car does work pretty well, but have been concerned about wear.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
vmspionage....my dealer said they wouldnt take that much of a bath. Said ur car was probably already titled....oh well. I dont feel it should matter. Thx anyway.....fate.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
The tire pressures and TPMS were corrected today by the dealer. I will say that I run 30-32psi in my C5 with 335/30/18's on CCW SP20 wheels and I haven't had any abnormal tire wear or wheel damage yet. Then again that car is about 600lbs lighter.

Everyone who's been asking about price has been PM'd
Old 10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
vmspionage....my dealer said they wouldnt take that much of a bath. Said ur car was probably already titled....oh well. I dont feel it should matter. Thx anyway.....fate.
I have no idea if I my car has been titled or not. I seriously doubt it since the dealer took delivery and parked it in the showroom where it's been sitting all this time, but who cares? It hasn't been driven and that's all that matters to me.

I think you might have a hard time getting that price in Miami, but I wouldn't pay more than 10% over the number I sent you.

Jeff
Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM

2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
Originally Posted by alexander stemer
My observation is that the higher pressures are more necessary when the tires are cold. Turn-in is very sharp at the higher pressures. Once you build up to 150 mph and the tires warm, your pressures will be bery high, assuming you started at the higher rec. If you start at 40 cold in the front, 5 hard track miles will get them to 49psi. If you start at 49, the front will start to wash out after they warm up.
But, on the street, they don't jump up that much., and the higher pressures give strong consistent handling. I have run the cold track tire pressures on the street, and see that the car does work pretty well, but have been concerned about wear.
I don't necessarily disagree. But I feel that since the car handles so well to begin with, that for street purposes it is worth running the lower pressures and incur the small penalty in handling which isn't that noticeable in everyday driving anyway, in exchange for the increase in ride comfort and tire wear. I would have never thought I would get 10K miles out of my Corsas and they still look like they have plenty of wear left.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 PM

03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
i have 19's and i run 38f and 35r as well. pretty much the norm for street driving on 19's. anything significantly higher than that and you will see some crowning on the tires. much lower than that and you will see wear on the edges fo the tires. call an expert like tire rack and they will help you with the proper tire pressures.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
Pictures don't do justice of a black BS , i've seen one today in person and Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
new pics

Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Out Of Control!

Simply beautiful.

What kind of camera did you use and lens?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by JamE55
Simply beautiful.

What kind of camera did you use and lens?
Thanks! They were taken with a Canon digital rebel (300D) and Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 AM

CL600
I'm considering a used black at some point this year. Can you tell me if they offered you a 100k mile factory warranty when you bought it? Given that a replacement engine alone is close to $50k ( !! ), it would seem like a wise choice whether you kept the car or resold it. Certainly one of the reasons people shy away from used AMG models is because of the potential huge repair bills.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 PM

02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
i just have the thing for black cars , beutifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll
Old 11-28-2008, 12:18 AM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by vmspionage
I have no idea if I my car has been titled or not. I seriously doubt it since the dealer took delivery and parked it in the showroom where it's been sitting all this time, but who cares? It hasn't been driven and that's all that matters to me.

I think you might have a hard time getting that price in Miami, but I wouldn't pay more than 10% over the number I sent you.

Jeff
congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy in good health. I just wanted to chime in and let you know that your car must have been titled prior to your purchase, considering it has license plates on the car already. Just to be onthe safe side and not stick my FOOT in my mouth. Did the car have plates on it when you picked it up form the dealer? If your answer is yes, then the car was previously titled. Not that it matters. Just wanted to share my $.02.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Eitan1
congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy in good health. I just wanted to chime in and let you know that your car must have been titled prior to your purchase, considering it has license plates on the car already. Just to be onthe safe side and not stick my FOOT in my mouth. Did the car have plates on it when you picked it up form the dealer? If your answer is yes, then the car was previously titled. Not that it matters. Just wanted to share my $.02.
No, the car didn't have plates on it when I purchased it, and it still had most of the interior protective plastic. It's been sitting in the showroom since it drove off the truck (I actually saw the car when it was delivered as I work right across the street).

In Virginia the larger dealerships complete all the forms and give you real plates and a temporary registration the same day to buy the car.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:43 PM

Amazing car. Congrats!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 PM

CL600
I did run into a situation where previous titling mattered. I purchased a 2001 MB in late 2002 off the showroom floor with 95 miles on it. The car had been titled in late 2000 (to the son of the dealer/owner) and the warranty began at that date. When I purchased the car, almost two years of warranty had expired as it was late 2000 when the "in-service" date began. I was not told about this until at least 6 mos. later when I had the first warranty repair. I paid 50% less than MSRP so I was happy anyway but it was a surprise.

Originally Posted by Eitan1
Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by bluecl600
I did run into a situation where previous titling mattered. I purchased a 2001 MB in late 2002 off the showroom floor with 95 miles on it. The car had been titled in late 2000 (to the son of the dealer/owner) and the warranty began at that date. When I purchased the car, almost two years of warranty had expired as it was late 2000 when the "in-service" date began. I was not told about this until at least 6 mos. later when I had the first warranty repair. I paid 50% less than MSRP so I was happy anyway but it was a surprise.
Wow, thanks for the heads up on that. I'm going to be at the dealer tomorrow for my post break-in diff fluid change so I'll find out for sure then.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
WOW
Old 12-01-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
WOW AGAIN
Old 12-01-2008, 04:22 PM

WHT BS
No, the car didn't have plates on it when I purchased it, and it still had most of the interior protective plastic. It's been sitting in the showroom since it drove off the truck (I actually saw the car when it was delivered as I work right across the street).

In Virginia the larger dealerships complete all the forms and give you real plates and a temporary registration the same day to buy the car.
I wasnt aware of the process in VA. Here in California, you do the paperwork and about a month later you get the Title and that is followed shortly by the new plates. I assumed that this was the process in every state, but it looks like I may be wrong. Either way it is a beautiful car and I hope that you enjoy it. I would still check with the dealer to make sure, beacuase the first transaction date determines the in service date which determines the begining of the warranty. Just an FYI.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Wow, thanks for the heads up on that. I'm going to be at the dealer tomorrow for my post break-in diff fluid change so I'll find out for sure then.

Jeff
I am a Porsche 928 nut (perhaps you might see that by my sig...) and back in the day, there were a couple 928s that actually ran out of warranty b/f they were ever sold.... the first time! I think it's a manufacturer's decision about when it starts although I'm not entirely sure about that. Best to ask....
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Thanks! They were taken with a Canon digital rebel (300D) and Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens.

I just got a Canon Rebel (xsi) and I'm itching to do a session ... but how do you get such nice big pictures to post? I'm stuck using thumbnails.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by neilbo75
I just got a Canon Rebel (xsi) and I'm itching to do a session ... but how do you get such nice big pictures to post? I'm stuck using thumbnails.
You have to upload your pictures to a picture hosting site or have your own website. Either way when you get the large pics on the net somewhere you right click on the picture, click on "properties" and highlight the url for the picture copy it then paste it in the "insert image" icon on the tool bar when posting.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM

2002 clk430

To back up what he says when we buy cars now you get hard tags instead of temp tags dealerships are linked to dmv so they can do this. I believe there's some smaller dealerships that may still have temps the reason because there is big problems with people tampering with the temp tags and keeping them for well over 30 days and switching them to other vehicles. So this is there way to try to stop this from happening.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my new black series