CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

does this make you as mad as it made me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'95 S500 '93 500 SEL
does this make you as mad as it made me?

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...mercedes&emb=0

Old 12-24-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
There's an off topic thread, why don't you use it.
Jimmy
Old 12-24-2008, 05:06 PM

'95 S500 '93 500 SEL
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
There's an off topic thread, why don't you use it.
Jimmy
this is a review of the BLACK SERIES,

so i put in the black series thread.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kevinpuri
this is a review of the BLACK SERIES,

so i put in the black series thread.
OK, thought it was J May doing the Bug at 250mph. Top gear guru Clarkson picked up a Black for himself and named it most exciting car in his DVD so it trumps that weak review.
Jimmy
Old 12-24-2008, 08:43 PM

'95 S500 '93 500 SEL
... Top gear guru Clarkson picked up a Black for himself and named it most exciting car in his DVD so it trumps that weak review.
Jimmy
exactly! that is why i was soo shocked to see this review, this is the only soemwhat weak review i have heard on the black series, but then again who the hell is that guy to say anything
Old 12-24-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He is a ********!

He starts opining about the car before he has exhausted the various parameters, and when he belatedly suggests the ESP button should be turned of he reveals himself for the amateur that he is.

Some people will say anything to get attention, and comments regarding speed limits have nothing to do with the design of the Black Series. Any fool knows that the Black Series is not for the street alone (except in Germany). To take advantage it needs a track, and even then burning rubber and sliding it around is to diminish its capabilities. We all know the fastest way around a track is not the power slides, but this guy never figured it out. I know most "Aussies" are smarter than that, and will see him as an ******* and attention *****.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
the link now goes to Clarkson driving a little bodyless car called the Ariel Atom that does 0-60 in 2.9sec and destroys or grossly disfigures his face with the lack of windshield. It also destroyed a bike on the track by 4 seconds.

T
Old 12-26-2008, 07:09 AM
lsb

clk black series
OK, thought it was J May doing the Bug at 250mph. Top gear guru Clarkson picked up a Black for himself and named it most exciting car in his DVD so it trumps that weak review.
Jimmy

I think calling Clarkson a "guru" might be pushing it a little even for members of his fan club !!!

I happen to like him and find him entertaining and one of the reasons I bought a BS was his passion for them BUT a lot of people in the U.K cannot abide him.

He is known to some as a useless driver and an opinionated spoilt public schoolboy. I would say for every fan there is someone who loaths him. Certainly there are journalists who carry a lot more weight when it comes to reviewing cars, especially for keen drivers.

Have you guys seen this review ?

http://www.need4speed.ws/video-365.html
Old 12-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
i have seen that video before and that guy is a bit of a moron. i seriously doubt that the seating is off center. the car is german for christ's sake. it is not a kia.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lsb
I think calling Clarkson a "guru" might be pushing it a little even for members of his fan club !!!

I happen to like him and find him entertaining and one of the reasons I bought a BS was his passion for them BUT a lot of people in the U.K cannot abide him.

He is known to some as a useless driver and an opinionated spoilt public schoolboy. I would say for every fan there is someone who loaths him. Certainly there are journalists who carry a lot more weight when it comes to reviewing cars, especially for keen drivers.

Have you guys seen this review ?

http://www.need4speed.ws/video-365.html
Yes, saw the review which was on Fifth Gear would have liked Tiff to drive it and comment.

Perception is everything and Clarkson is cult like to the "car theater" he creates. I still stand by the guru comment. Sorry no other show has the mix of fun and pluck Top Gear brings to our shores. Unfortunately the class conscious Brits don't realize it as they're still stuck with the peerage and where you went to prep school.

The fact that he gets real celebraties like Helen Marin & Nick Mason to drop their egos and drive a reasonable priced car must say somthing about his format and the ability to pull ratings. I don't know how dramatized the scene was when he raced the Ferrari test driver, but Clarkson held his own.
I'll admit the Stig is a better driver, so I'm not finding any other journalist in that league. Roads are drying out i'm off to drive my Black.
Jimmy
Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM
lsb

clk black series
Unfortunately the class conscious Brits don't realize it as they're still stuck with the peerage and where you went to prep school.
Jimmy
How perceptive and open minded of you.

We all also only drink tea, all travel in big red double decker buses, all know the Queen personally and we have to be told by people from other countries why we don't understand why our own television shows are so good !

Old 12-26-2008, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
as much as you may not like it, hes not wrong.

Compared to a GT3, the Black series is lacking as a track car.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lsb
How perceptive and open minded of you.

We all also only drink tea, all travel in big red double decker buses, all know the Queen personally and we have to be told by people from other countries why we don't understand why our own television shows are so good !

lsb
Please don't report this to the queen I don't think I can hold up to the inquisition at the Old Bailey. You Brits still believe guilty till proven innocent. I still relish my lifetime membership at the Ritz Club even though I perfer Italian food when dinning in London..

I'm surprised you mentioned the big red bus, you must of missed Clarkson "classic" destroying one with rocket from a porsche 944. That was theater.
Cheers.
Jimmy
Old 12-27-2008, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Is there a video of the Stig driving the Black Series?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:14 AM
lsb

clk black series
Originally Posted by AMGOODNESS
i have seen that video before and that guy is a bit of a moron. i seriously doubt that the seating is off center. the car is german for christ's sake. it is not a kia.
My car has those seats and i'm afraid he is right about the seating position. It is slightly offset to the left, you notice it as soon as you sit in it.

They are great seats though and within about 30 seconds you forget that your spine is now in the shape of an "s" !!

By the way his name is Jason Plato and he is a pretty decent Touring car racer (BTCC). He is normally pretty good in his test reports but not having met him cannot comment on whether his mental age is between 8 and 12
Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 AM
lsb

clk black series
lsb
Please don't report this to the queen I don't think I can hold up to the inquisition at the Old Bailey. You Brits still believe guilty till proven innocent. I still relish my lifetime membership at the Ritz Club even though I perfer Italian food when dinning in London..

I'm surprised you mentioned the big red bus, you must of missed Clarkson "classic" destroying one with rocket from a porsche 944. That was theater.
Cheers.
Jimmy
Ha,ha

I'm off to meet her at Windsor Castle later for tea and scones. I won't mention your comments just in case she sends armed guards to meet you the next time you land at Heathrow airport. I hear that the London dungeons make Guantanamo bay look like a holiday camp !!!

All the best.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:29 AM
lsb

clk black series
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Is there a video of the Stig driving the Black Series?
Not to my knowledge. It's a shame as it would make good watching.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
In the Thriller video, Clarkson said the Black did a 1:26 on their track. Not too impressive, but numbers don't always tell the whole story.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:05 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by Oliverk
as much as you may not like it, hes not wrong.

Compared to a GT3, the Black series is lacking as a track car.
With who driving it?

Having owned both a CLK Black and a GT3 RS, I can tell you that the CLK Black is so much easier to drive at the limit and to drive quickly. I think it really depends on the track and the driver.

When driven at the complete limit, the RS is faster but not by much and it is three times the work of the CLK black.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM

2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
With who driving it?

Having owned both a CLK Black and a GT3 RS, I can tell you that the CLK Black is so much easier to drive at the limit and to drive quickly. I think it really depends on the track and the driver.

When driven at the complete limit, the RS is faster but not by much and it is three times the work of the CLK black.
Funny thing is that I found the same thing with my Black Series and Challenge Stradale. The Black Series was much easier (and in many ways more able) on the track than my Stradale. I had to really drive the Stradale to extract the same lap times out of the car as I achieved with the BS.