CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK BS 15" rotor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by LZH
Sure didn't seem like you were asking any questions in the post below...I don't see one question mark.
And when did I ever claim that money could buy intelligence??? Hell, I learned everything I know from the internet, just like you !!
No need to start a pi$$ing match, let's keep the OP's thread about his project.

TTAMG- how long did the fab process take to this point? do you have any pics of the engine bay? I ask because I like to think I can tell real from replica but the job you have done looks super clean.... I'd like you to play the reverse of a poser and prove to me it's not a real bs

-Rob
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by transferred
No need to start a pi$$ing match, let's keep the OP's thread about his project.

-Rob
Agreed
Old 04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by TTAMG
I'm pretty sure LZH is a pretty smart guy. He understands many things that you completely neglected. You actually thought i was using an E63 rotor and you doubted my ability to measure with a ruler let alone draw something in solidworks. You make expert comments so don't pms.
Jesus, everyone's so short tempered nowadays. Jangy didn't doubt your ability to measure with a ruler dude, however some people on this forum just guess their "stats" and post them as facts; ergo his question. What, are you mad he wasted your precious time where you had to get off your high-horse and explain the "mechanical advantage" to having 15' vs 14' (whose the one stating "expert comments" now )? Really, Jangy was just asking questions about the brakes and stating his view of things, not giving "expert comments".

And LZH, come on man, if Jangy bothers you so much, use the ignore feature it spares the entire forum from witnessing a useless pissing-match.

And for the record, they do look like E63 rotors. No, this isn't a "expert comment", it's what I've ascertained from looking at the pictures you, the op, have posted.

Last edited by Akademiks; 04-01-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:18 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Really, Jangy was just asking questions about the brakes and stating his view of things, not giving "expert comments".
He WAS NOT asking questions and I simply provided a very accurate and concise explanation regarding the topic at hand only to be told he hopes I crash my car and get injured What is it with people defending someone for making inaccurate statements ? This place should be renamed benchracing.com.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by LZH
He WAS NOT asking questions and I simply provided a very accurate and concise explanation regarding the topic at hand only to be told he hopes I crash my car and get injured What is it with people defending someone for making inaccurate statements ? This place should be renamed benchracing.com.
Are you kidding me? Let's examine this here...

Originally Posted by jangy
You sure those are 15s? They look like the rotors off of a E63 with the calipers off of an E55. I don't keep up with any CLK BSs other than Jims so i don't remember you fabricating . Did you just replace the rotor and keep the hat?
Looks like a question to me.

Have you weighed your fronts? I dunno about yours but I know the E63 2 piece ones are 20lbs and the hardware looks identical to that pic. also, if yours are lighter, I wonder if the E63 guys could use them?

I do agree that some after market rotors (including the EVOsport ones) will wear out faster but that is something you give up with the weight gain. For me, unsprung weight is huge.
Oh snap, another couple questions with a statement made there towards the end.

Somewhere in there you responded and attempted to belittle Jangy and make him look like an idiot with your post saying he... "Jangy ,has zero experience and or knowledge regarding mass resisting acceleration (inertia) based on its location with respect to the axis of rotation and has never heard the term offset pistons to maximize surface area." To which he said, crash and burn. Was he over the top? Maybe, but you did incite it.

Refer to post 19 and we can see yet again, Jangy was asking questions because he was confused.

So how are you going to say he was not asking questions?

You did not provide "a very accurate and concise explantation of the topic at hand," you baited him into a pissing contest. Don't play victim now because he told you to crash and burn.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM
LZH
Banned

Are you kidding me? Let's examine this here...

Looks like a question to me.

Oh snap, another couple questions with a statement made there towards the end.

Somewhere in there you responded and attempted to belittle Jangy and make him look like an idiot with your post saying he... "Jangy ,has zero experience and or knowledge regarding mass resisting acceleration (inertia) based on its location with respect to the axis of rotation and has never heard the term offset pistons to maximize surface area." To which he said, crash and burn. Was he over the top? Maybe, but you did incite it.

Refer to post 19 and we can see yet again, Jangy was asking questions because he was confused.

So how are you going to say he was not asking questions?

You did not provide "a very accurate and concise explantation of the topic at hand," you baited him into a pissing contest. Don't play victim now because he told you to crash and burn.

UGH - here we go again. I couldn't care less if he wants me to crash and burn...I was referring to the post below where no questions were asked and it was the same post that AMGTT responded to and quoted him in post #12.
Again, I wasn't trying to start a pissing match and agreed with Rob that we should keep it on topic as it's a cool project...

I get how 15 inch rotors can have a larger sweep area but I'm confused that you think being farther from the center makes them work better. If you had the same sweep area as a 14, but in a 15 I do not see how the 15 would outperform. It would simply take more energy (heat) to do the same work (reducing the momentum of the rotor). Look at open wheel cars for an example. They minimize hat size to minimize rotor diameter. Again, increased sweep area is different. The only rotor options I have seen for OEM calipers simply use larger rotors and not larger sweep, since the calipers are set.

Last edited by LZH; 04-01-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
admin's need to clean up the 211 E55 section. There are countless posts that have nothing to do with E55's and belong in other areas. Half the threads on the first page dont belong. Then there's the constant pissing match.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 PM

2011 C63
i just think jangy has a poor attitude towards the topic. Pretty much all his comments and questions have been negative.

Also psk145 this isnt the E55 secion. This is the W211 section. Be fair to all your E63 buddies.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Banned

SL600
i just think jangy has a poor attitude towards the topic. Pretty much all his comments and questions have been negative.

Also psk145 this isnt the E55 secion. This is the W211 section. Be fair to all your E63 buddies.
His comments have been inquisitive, not negative.

Sensitive much?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 PM

2011 C63
His comments have been inquisitive, not negative.

Sensitive much?
you must be his entourage? Im asking a question.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

SL600
you must be his entourage? Im asking a question.
You know what, forget it. Enjoy your rotors.

Last edited by Akademiks; 04-01-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212

Why would I be negative at the topic? My initial questions were from your pics. I just wanted some info on what they were, but you never did address that.

Then, I said I was confused on the 15 vs 14 part and you actually helped explain that and if you go read, I said I was getting it.

Don't post in here if you don't want us to ask. This is NOT the room for just coming in and making a bold claim and leaving it at that. We want details and we will give props. If all they are is E63 rotors and E55 calipers, then why give props. All I said is that is what the pictured items looked like and you never bothered to clarify.

As for LZH, crash and burn. I really hope it happens. I'm done letting people take personal shots at me for whatever reson and not getting a mouthful in return.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Unhappy

You're too keen on arguing to answer post 26....I'm trying to give you props and gain more information on your project...when you get chance...

-Rob
Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 PM

2011 C63
Why would I be negative at the topic? My initial questions were from your pics. I just wanted some info on what they were, but you never did address that.

Then, I said I was confused on the 15 vs 14 part and you actually helped explain that and if you go read, I said I was getting it.

Don't post in here if you don't want us to ask. This is NOT the room for just coming in and making a bold claim and leaving it at that. We want details and we will give props. If all they are is E63 rotors and E55 calipers, then why give props. All I said is that is what the pictured items looked like and you never bothered to clarify.

As for LZH, crash and burn. I really hope it happens. I'm done letting people take personal shots at me for whatever reson and not getting a mouthful in return.
Ok, its cool im trying to get along with everyone, but i didnt make any bold claims. I was just showing the people that were interested the brakes on the car.

transferred, the car was supposed to be a full on drag car. It started out as a clk 350, and i did all the body work and then decided to keep it as streetable as possible. I then did all the suspension and brakes, and i also got a set of HRE m40's for it. I also did most of the interior like the black series. Right now im working on some more carbon fiber stuff to lighten up the car and give it some more appeal. As far as motor and tranny goes, im going to put the 63 motor with it, and im debating what tranny right now because it needs to handle some power... Possibly a Viper spec T56
Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Ok, its cool im trying to get along with everyone, but i didnt make any bold claims. I was just showing the people that were interested the brakes on the car.
Yeah but when we ask questions about them you go mum and get mad. I was one of those interested and just wanted to know. Enjoy your project. The CLK-BS is a great drag car.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:29 PM
LZH
Banned

The CLK-BS is a great drag car.
Funny you say it's a great drag car when not too long ago you said:

BTW, many peopleconsider your BS a hoopdie (like me). Purpose built and can't even accel at that purpose. For $130k (if you are dumb enough to pay retail) there are a dozen cars that will SPANK the BS on a road course.
Everyone knows the BS was built for the road course and not the drag strip...

Last edited by LZH; 04-04-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Nice transformation.

Tell me you have the 6.3 motor in there.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Nice transformation.

Tell me you have the 6.3 motor in there.
I believe he said it currently has the 350 motor but will be putting a 63 in it. That would be cool, and even more impressive if he slapped a Tremec 56 behind it
Old 04-04-2009, 05:25 AM

2011 C63
Motor is not in the car yet, but will be in the next couple months. Right now im Fabing up a 6 point cage for it, which is NHRA legal to 10.00. The new rule starting 08 with NHRA was a parachute when going over 135mph in the 1/4 but i wonder how strict they are with that? If i do the T56 tranny i need to do something about the rearend also. The gearing is really steep if i leave it stock. It would be a burn out machine LOL.
I'll post a new thread(this time in the clk section so i dont **** anyone off) of the crazy parts of the project, and my journey to go fast.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Motor is not in the car yet, but will be in the next couple months. Right now im Fabing up a 6 point cage for it, which is NHRA legal to 10.00. The new rule starting 08 with NHRA was a parachute when going over 135mph in the 1/4 but i wonder how strict they are with that? If i do the T56 tranny i need to do something about the rearend also. The gearing is really steep if i leave it stock. It would be a burn out machine LOL.
I'll post a new thread(this time in the clk section so i dont **** anyone off) of the crazy parts of the project, and my journey to go fast.
I hope they are not too strict about the 135mph needing a chute, I have trapped at over 130 and two weeks ago when I was in Pheonix I made two passes in which my 1/8 mile was 102.7 & 102.9mph which calculates out to 134 on the back end had I not shut down early on those runs.

Some of these NHRA rules are a joke, my car will stop faster than 99% of the cars at the strip...even if they are using a chute my car will stop quicker and with much more control. My car is safe and solid and can turn corners at speeds some of the other jalopy's at the track are trapping at I had to laugh at Pheonix a few weeks ago, they were going to kick me off the track if I ran quicker than a 11.0 because I do not have a full cage, yet there was a rusty old 1970 Nova with crappy tack welds holding the car together running mid 10's and he passed tech inspection no problem, I looked at the tech guy and said "can you honestly look me in the eye and tell me that Nova is safer than my car? I asked him "Which car would you honestly rather crash into the wall with? He just smiled in aggreement with me, laughed and said " I don't make the rules"....Looks like there might be a parachute in the future for the Black Series
Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
Funny you say it's a great drag car when not too long ago you said:
As always, please at least drive your car with family members so you can smash into a wall and mangle your fingers. I wish you nothing but harm and am thrilled that you continue to jab at kharma's butt.

I was being sarcastic, you ****. The BS is a piece if crap, sans Jim's simply because his is interesting. Go talk about it in the dead rooms instead of the W211 one.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
LZH
Banned

As always, please at least drive your car with family members so you can smash into a wall and mangle your fingers. I wish you nothing but harm and am thrilled that you continue to jab at kharma's butt.

I was being sarcastic, you ****. The BS is a piece if crap, sans Jim's simply because his is interesting. Go talk about it in the dead rooms instead of the W211 one.

I guess I hit a nerve....sorry Jangy, but it's not my fault you continue to contradict yourself at every turn and look like a complete moron. And to top it off, after saying:

The CLK-BS is a great drag car.
you say:

The BS is a piece if crap
And you do it AGAIN, in the same thread nonetheless !!!!!!! Oh, but you were being sarcastic, right ??? Usually sarcastic comments are followed with ->

And now because I simply point out your inconsistencies you want me to crash my car, injure myself AND members of my family ??? WOW, talk about makin it personal...But the funny part about all this…. is that is the best you can come up with !!! That's all you got ???? Again, don't blame me for your own stupidity. If nothing else, you are quite entertaining LOL- Thanks for thlaugh !!

Last edited by LZH; 04-04-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH

I guess I hit a nerve....sorry Jangy, but it's not my fault you continue to contradict yourself at every turn and look like a complete moron...

Yes, you did hit a nerve, but that was a long time ago.

Again, don't blame me for your own stupidity. If nothing else, you are quite entertaining LOL- Thanks for thlaugh !!
Nobody is blaming you for anything but continuing the agenda based instigation. I haven't even started. Just one more, right?

Lets keep this to PMs, since you initiated that so the board can go back to life.......
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
A personal observation on this thread is:

Jangy loves to play Devil's Advocate..

But, that type of predisposition just makes threads harder to follow and much much longer then need be..

And I can personally attest, that it induces a feeling of negativity into the enjoyment of those who view the threads..

TTAMG, Thank You, for sharing the project and knowledge you have gained.

MachC5
Old 04-05-2009, 08:04 PM

2011 C63
no problem...Its my pleasure to post up about my mercedes. I hope I can encourage people in some way/shape/form.

Jangy what is your problem, saying comments like all Black Series are crap, except for one points your finger at so many of us. I want to know what makes you so special to judge that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK BS 15" rotor