CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

My Clear Bra Job by Premier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
My Clear Bra Job by Premier

As many of you know, I bought the car with under 200 miles (I think) and just putting on an extra 200-300 miles netted me some real nasty chips on the rear hips and front end. With all of my traveling in the past 2 months, I finally brought my BS in to Premier over in Fremont yesterday. I've used these guys before and their service and commitment to a job well done is why I'm back. Upon arrival, I see 2 silver BSs being worked on along with a Ford GT, Phantom, and a 360 Stradale. That would make it 3 Black Series in one location. I've never seen that before

These guys did a fabulous job once again and want to praise them where it's deserved. I've had this done from other companies before and these guys put out much better quality than any I've ever encountered in the past and present.

I took some pics of the other two BSs getting work done. I wasn't able to take many pixes as they don't allow customers in their shop, so sorry for the lack of more pix.

No affiliations, just a very happy customer wanting to spread my experience with them. I'd be happy to show my car to any BS owners interested in having this done. Their webby is www.premiermobilegroup.com and I believe they are also a sponsor on this site.
Attached Thumbnails My Clear Bra Job by Premier-bs-premier-1.jpg   My Clear Bra Job by Premier-bs-premier-2.jpg   My Clear Bra Job by Premier-bs-premier-3.jpg   My Clear Bra Job by Premier-bs-premier-4.jpg   My Clear Bra Job by Premier-1.jpg  

Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHT BS
Looks like they do nice work. How much coverage did you get? and how much did it cost you?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 AM

I got the entire hodd, the whole front quarters, the nose, lights, mirrors, side sills, and the rear hips. I believe it ran me about $2500 plus some change. I also bought quite a bit of detailing products from them as well, so that's the total with it. What I love about it is I do not have to see a line on the hood or the front quarters. Something like that would bug the crap out of me.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:36 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Nice man - you are right...they do a very good job. Get some Plexus to clean film, hard to find but works great !!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK63 BS, 997tt
+1, looks great. you can get plexus in any motorcycle parts place such as cycle gear, works great on plastic.

Originally Posted by LZH
Nice man - you are right...they do a very good job. Get some Plexus to clean film, hard to find but works great !!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:20 PM

WHT BS
Thanks for the info. Plexus is a good product to clean plastic. I use it.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:28 AM

When I was at Premier they showed me how Plexus can actually yellow the bra over time.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Frankster
When I was at Premier they showed me how Plexus can actually yellow the bra over time.
i bought my c32 back in january 2008, it already had clear bra on nose of hood, front bumper and side mirrors. just the other day when i was washing the baby, i noticed the clear bra was yellowing.. so i guess it was cleaned by plexus.. is their a certain brand i should use.? im goin to get it redone pretty soon..
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM

I bought this to use on my bra - http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
bump to resurrect this thread......any rec's for someone to do this to a car in Miami?
Old 06-26-2009, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by Frankster
Really! I believe that Premier uses Venture Film by 3M. Venture recommends Plexis! I really doubt that an installer has the resources to develop a chemical product. More likely they found something they like and it worked and they charge twice what Plexis costs.
As far as yellowing, all Urethane films will eventually yellow. The newer films like Venture require about 5 years which is usually longer than we own these cars. So many never see the yellowing.
Plexis has a very very low amount of hydrocarbons which is the culpert in breaking down Urethane. There are other products like nano with floral carbons which bind the molecules to the surface and theoreticly will be superior to Plexis but they have not been tested by the manufacturer.
I'm skeptical of all products since I bought my SHAMWOW.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
JIm.....so what do u have on your BS to prevent rock chips?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
JIm.....so what do u have on your BS to prevent rock chips?
VentureShield by 3M and Madico on the windshield....and lots of Plexis
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
couldnt find Plexis.....finally found Plexus spray for plastic....so where do you use it?....on the clear bra or the windshield or both?...or straight on the paint?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
couldnt find Plexis.....finally found Plexus spray for plastic....so where do you use it?....on the clear bra or the windshield or both?...or straight on the paint?
It's Plexus plastic cleaner, polish and protectant . You use it on the areas that are covered by the clear bra, and use wax for the rest of the car. I'm not particular keen on putting film over the windshield, since it distorts the view somewhat. It's a good thing to have at the track, but for the rest of the time, especially at night, it's distracting.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:36 AM

too technical for me to understand, but Premier's stuff works great on the bra. I did pick up a bottle of their rubber remover or something like that. I was having problems with black cone marks on the bra and couldn't get it off. I tried polish, clay, and even goof off. None that would take the black cone scratches off. Took it to them on a weekend and they used a bottle of their rubber remover (one of their new products for the bra), which took the black scratches off. Bought a bottle and used it since. Was a life saver because the cone marks were becoming an eye sore.