CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

POSER ALERT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Vic55
No cheap shots evaaaaa- its all good, you are the one that fell on your sword in the Kill Stories forum when Kady took you. Nothing but respect for that.

Oh anytime you want to take your star gazer and run either of my kraut mobiles or my Zero the hero let me know. I think Shamu was offended by your Bimmer comment But Shamu will say good bye to your car alot faster than Lady Kady did.
It's ok though. I happen to know somethings most people don't, and once my cars all fixed up, I'll be glad to run any one of your 3 Musketeers.

Hey, I give props where props is due. You have three fast cars.

When you trying to run Shamu? I'm down this weekend. Today. Tomorrow. Tonight. Funny thing too-- my top is actually up for once!

PM me if your serious. I cleared out my phone to make room for video.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by TTAMG
YEA YEA I'm a poser, but dont be mad when the posers car makes a fast pass down the track. Anyways i have had several people pm about doing the same thing that i did and im not a d**k about sharing the info and spreading my knowledge about all the work that is included, part numbers, prices, etc. I'm also building real AMG parts that you real AMG people would never do and im posting pictures of all my road blocks along the way so you real AMG owners should appreciate what i do. I am the poser building a really expensive motor paving the road for you REAL AMG guys.
I don't think your a poser.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:00 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by LZH
All points understood and I'm sure accepted by all.....

But where or where is Niel with pics of his Black Series ??
Not sure if he has it in hand yet, but I believe he purchased the only untitled white one left from FJ Chicago sometime last month...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by slacker55
Not sure if he has it in hand yet, but I believe he purchased the only untitled white one left from FJ Chicago sometime last month...
Interesting becasue his sig says he has one now...

About nielsll
Vehicle(s) I drive
1992 500E, CLK BS

Chicago huh ? Then I'm sure JRcart knows him or knows of him...I'll have to shoot him a message.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:15 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by LZH
Interesting becasue his sig says he has one now...

About nielsll
Vehicle(s) I drive
1992 500E, CLK BS

Chicago huh ? Then I'm sure JRcart knows him or knows of him...I'll have to shoot him a message.
Well I guess all we can do is wait for some pics eh? Just out of curiosity, how did this whole beef between you and neilsll start? You seem to really have it out for him...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:26 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Well I guess all we can do is wait for some pics eh? Just out of curiosity, how did this whole beef between you and neilsll start? You seem to really have it out for him...
He started making wise azz comments for no reason here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...d-you-get.html

I was just trying to help the OP and provide some good first hand data/experience and he lashed out for no reason...If he has a BS, great...good for him - doesn't change the fact that most of his posts since he joined have been adversarial at best.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
you guys (whoever is the better man) should let it go...life is too short
Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
what's really lame...

Originally Posted by LZH
... But badging your car as something it's not is LAME...
No, this is lame:

Originally Posted by LZH
As Vic said, everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to their car. And I am entitled to call them on the carpet if I feel they are posing. Badging your car as something it's NOT is posing in the worst way because it's just a badge....you can't call a badge a "cosmetic upgrade" because it's sole purpose is to MISLEAD. If you want to throw an AMG aero kit and AMG wheels on your non AMG, fine....because one could argue that it's purely cosmetic and I see nothing wrong with that. But badging your car as something it's not is LAME. I'd rather see it DE-BADGED altogether. Trying to say TTAMG's Black Series project is posing is unfair. He has been very upfront and honest with his project and is not in any way shape or form trying to portray it as a real Black Series. I'm also pretty sure that it has no badging that would falsely lead anyone to believe that it is a 63 or a real BS.
Getting this upset about someone's car badge surely is well below your actual level of maturity. Others on here have suggested you let it go, and I agree with them. It's making you look, well, immature.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:11 PM

08 honda fit.. soon 05 clk55amg
i dont own an mb yet nor an amg..

BUT BADGING "amg" to a non amg car is LAME as hell.

thats like wearings frolexes...

sure u might fool the average joe, but you're also fooling urself by going along with it.

POSING FTL
Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
YEA YEA I'm a poser, but dont be mad when the posers car makes a fast pass down the track. Anyways i have had several people pm about doing the same thing that i did and im not a d**k about sharing the info and spreading my knowledge about all the work that is included, part numbers, prices, etc. I'm also building real AMG parts that you real AMG people would never do and im posting pictures of all my road blocks along the way so you real AMG owners should appreciate what i do. I am the poser building a really expensive motor paving the road for you REAL AMG guys.
All of that understood and appreciated but..... that still doesn't make it a black series does it?

Its funny someone asked me the other day if it was a "real black series" and I looked at him pointed to myself and said
"Do I look like a fake blacks series driver" and was a little insulted to be honest.
Now if someone asks you the same question what do you say?
and if you say no - do you feel a little foolish after you say no its not and u have black series badges all over it?

Please Im just asking not bein a d--- i'm just curious for real.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by JT55
All of that understood and appreciated but..... that still doesn't make it a black series does it?

Its funny someone asked me the other day if it was a "real black series" and I looked at him pointed to myself and said
"Do I look like a fake blacks series driver" and was a little insulted to be honest.
and if you say no - do you feel a little foolish after you say no its not and u have black series badges all over it?

In all seriousness, I think people are just going to overlook the fact it's not a real Black Series because of the insane amount of power it's going to be pushing out.

No one cares if the fake turns out better then real, it's when the fake insults the real people fret. A CLK350 badged as a Black will give the true Black a bad name-- but a 1000BHP CLK350 badged as a Black will definitely make a good name for the true Blacks.

TTAMG, I didn't mean to single you out. I was merely trying to show how people can turn a blind eye to some fake badged cars, but not others. I appreciate the enormous amount of dedication you've put into the project and eagerly anticipate the finished product. From my side, there's no hate for your "badges", they after all... just "badges".
Old 06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by ceethreefiveoh

sure u might fool the average joe, but you're also fooling urself by going along with it.

POSING FTL
Thank you for your valued contribution to this discussion.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by ceethreefiveoh

POSING FTL
Are you serious? (In bold)

You just disqualified yourself in this conversation.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM

2011 C63

Everyone that knows me or asks knows the car is fake, but i would feel insulted if someone thought it real which they do all the time. I spent a lot of time and used my knowledge to get what you have for a fraction of the price. Here is the thing, if i never posted and said i have a black series I'd fool every one of you guys even if you saw the car up close but i dont care. i just want a fast car that can handle great. A car that can perform better then any other car is a better car in my opinion....fake or not.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Everyone that knows me or asks knows the car is fake, but i would feel insulted if someone thought it real which they do all the time. I spent a lot of time and used my knowledge to get what you have for a fraction of the price. Here is the thing, if i never posted and said i have a black series I'd fool every one of you guys even if you saw the car up close but i dont care. i just want a fast car that can handle great. A car that can perform better then any other car is a better car in my opinion....fake or not.
Since I havent really been folllowing the build - Everything is the same?
Including the suspension? Steering Ratio? The rear area where there used to be seats? The strut bar in the trunk?
Gauges , Seats etc?
Isnt the track wider than a regular CLK?

And one more question - I was under the impression that if you parted out a car and bought each part piece by piece it would cost twice as much.
How is it possible to buy all the parts for half the cost of the real car?

And any way - incredible undertaking, I admire the work put into it.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM

2011 C63
Since I havent really been folllowing the build - Everything is the same?
Including the suspension? Steering Ratio? The rear area where there used to be seats? The strut bar in the trunk?
Gauges , Seats etc?
Isnt the track wider than a regular CLK?

And one more question - I was under the impression that if you parted out a car and bought each part piece by piece it would cost twice as much.
How is it possible to buy all the parts for half the cost of the real car?

And any way - incredible undertaking, I admire the work put into it.
its got pretty much all that except the strut bar in the trunk. I want to do a roll bar of some sort to take the place of that so i never got it. thanks for the compliments.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I admire you for your effort and applaud you for your knowledge, but there is one point that I don't agree with you. You will not build a "better" Black Series for a fraction of the price that we spent. First, you would have to take the whole car apart and start seem welding and triangulating the chassis. Then, you would have to raid AMG's part bin for all the components that you only see when the car is on a lift. Like JT55 already pointed out, an expensive undertaking. But you wouldn't stop there, because all those factory components need to be upgraded, in order to make them better. Even more expensive. Quiet some time ago, I saw some pictures of your car. As I recall, it was missing the fender liners, but it had the Black Series badge. Also, your car is way to low in the rear. I know it looks good, but it handles like crap this way. When you do all your R&D at the race track, and I assume that's going to be the big track at Willow, you'll find out. BTW, going flat through turn 8 with that set up, make sure no one is behind you, because they will collect your debris. Well, maybe not with the six cylinder engine you have in it, but with your 1000 hp twin turbo, now that is another story.

Anyway, good luck with your built, and I'm looking forward seeing your car at a road course, out performing the factory non charged BS's.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by SMP
I admire you for your effort and applaud you for your knowledge, but there is one point that I don't agree with you. You will not build a "better" Black Series for a fraction of the price that we spent. First, you would have to take the whole car apart and start seem welding and triangulating the chassis. Then, you would have to raid AMG's part bin for all the components that you only see when the car is on a lift. Like JT55 already pointed out, an expensive undertaking. But you wouldn't stop there, because all those factory components need to be upgraded, in order to make them better. Even more expensive. Quiet some time ago, I saw some pictures of your car. As I recall, it was missing the fender liners, but it had the Black Series badge. Also, your car is way to low in the rear. I know it looks good, but it handles like crap this way. When you do all your R&D at the race track, and I assume that's going to be the big track at Willow, you'll find out. BTW, going flat through turn 8 with that set up, make sure no one is behind you, because they will collect your debris. Well, maybe not with the six cylinder engine you have in it, but with your 1000 hp twin turbo, now that is another story.

Anyway, good luck with your built, and I'm looking forward seeing your car at a road course, out performing the factory non charged BS's.
If I had a 1000bhp, I would hardly care about turn 8 at _______ course. I would smile knowing the competition is far, far, far behind in my rear-view. However "fake" my car would be.

If he can pull off his project, for less then the price of a Black Series, I'd say it's a "better" Black, and one worthy of such badge; triangulated welds be damned. I know at the next light, I wouldn't be sitting in my "true" Black saying: "Yeah, but my undercarriage is far superior to yours."

Of course, it's all relevant to your definition of "better".
Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 PM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by Akademiks
If I had a 1000bhp, I would hardly care about turn 8 at _______ course. I would smile knowing the competition is far, far, far behind in my rear-view. However "fake" my car would be.

If he can pull off his project, for less then the price of a Black Series, I'd say it's a "better" Black, and one worthy of such badge; triangulated welds be damned. I know at the next light, I wouldn't be sitting in my "true" Black saying: "Yeah, but my undercarriage is far superior to yours."

Very true. when i bought this car, i knew exactly what i wanted to do with it. I wanted to make a fast german car. I could of easily got a e46 m3 and built a fast turbo car for less then this, but its nowhere near this car. my point is im not going for a fake, im going for a fast car. A car with 315 rear tires for traction, and a really big high revving V8 that makes 500hp n/a. Anyways whatever im over it, i just want people with the real amg cars to learn from the scrub who has the "FAKE"....thats what matters to me, not some stupid badge. thats what a forum is about. Learning from our mates to be better and faster in the days to come.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series

I agree with you, that it depends on your definition of being "better". Mine would be, "better" performance overall. Including not only faster, but better handling, better braking, better cooling and better reliability in the long run. The only reason I pointed certain facts out, was if you indeed create such a torque monster, body flex will be an issue. You still have to be able to put the power down, no matter how big your rear tires are going to be. And that is just coming out of the turn. Midway down the straight, it will brake traction when those turbos are at full boost. It will be a handful to drive, none the less.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:53 PM

2011 C63
this is funny...this thread isnt even about me so i will just let it go here. SMP your car is really nice good choice on the wheels. maybe one day we can go to willow together since youre in the socal area and we can see what my car will do next to you.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:23 PM

08 CLK63 BS
In all seriousness, I think people are just going to overlook the fact it's not a real Black Series because of the insane amount of power it's going to be pushing out.
Some dude can get all the surgery in the world and make himself look like a chick that's 10 times hotter than Jessica Alba...but in the end, he'd still be a dude.

I think that it's not a matter of people being "insulted" by posers. I think that people are just troubled by "why" they would pose to begin with...

Last edited by slacker55; 06-05-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by SMP
I agree with you, that it depends on your definition of being "better". Mine would be, "better" performance overall. Including not only faster, but better handling, better braking, better cooling and better reliability in the long run. The only reason I pointed certain facts out, was if you indeed create such a torque monster, body flex will be an issue. You still have to be able to put the power down, no matter how big your rear tires are going to be. And that is just coming out of the turn. Midway down the straight, it will brake traction when those turbos are at full boost. It will be a handful to drive, none the less.
We could go on forever, but like he said in the above post-- line both of them up and see the results firsthand.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:30 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
this is funny...this thread isnt even about me so i will just let it go here. SMP your car is really nice good choice on the wheels. maybe one day we can go to willow together since youre in the socal area and we can see what my car will do next to you.
Don't take my technical opinion as a put down, it wasn't intended as such. Nothing personal here, I can assure you of that. I'm sure you have the best intentions in mind with your project, and again, applaud you for that! I'd love to go to Willow with you sometime. Not as a competitor, but as someone to exchange technical feedback on what works, and what doesn't, and help each other.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

SL600
Some dude can get all the surgery in the world and make himself look 10 times hotter than Jessica Alba...but in the end, he'd still be a dude.

I think that it's not a matter of people being "insulted" by posers. I think that people are just troubled by "why" they would pose to begin with...
First off, bad analogy, no way can some guy look better then Jessica Alba; unless the judge is like Clay Aiken or Elton John. However, I see your point.

And to answer your why, what if they just like the way the badge looks? I can't believe it really bothers people this much. If I saw some SL500 badge with "V12" and "600" on the rear-- I wouldn't care, his money, his car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POSER ALERT