CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

POSER ALERT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
POSER ALERT

I have a sneaking suspicion one of our newer members here, nielsll, is claiming to own a BS but really does not.

So Niel....Please post up some photos of your BS and I will gladly apologize for this thread.
Ball is in your court....
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by LZH
I have a sneaking suspicion one of our newer members here, nielsll, is claiming to own a BS but really does not.

So Niel....Please post up some photos of your BS and I will gladly apologize for this thread.
Ball is in your court....
Or he can post on PL.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK Black
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Or he can post on PL.
I like it! Have him post on the Private Lounge!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Excellent idea, Jimmy

Niel - if you have a BS, please use your VIN and post pics over on the AMG Private Lounge site. It is for AMG owners only and requires a VIN to join.
Thanks, look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Banned

SL600
What's the big idea here? Where is this Niel and aside from claiming to own a BS, what has he done to upset you?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 PM

C250 12 / CLK63 BS / ML63 09 / GTR 2012
Originally Posted by Akademiks
What's the big idea here? Where is this Niel and aside from claiming to own a BS, what has he done to upset you?
Seems like LZH got some mental issues. He likes to pick fight with everybody
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by andrusha
Seems like LZH got some mental issues. He likes to pick fight with everybody
I disagree. He called you out for being a poser. The fact is, you did pose. You put a black series AMG badge on your E63. AKA... Posing. IMO, he did nothing wrong calling you out for it.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:13 AM
LZH
Banned

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...d-you-get.html
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I disagree. He called you out for being a poser. The fact is, you did pose. You put a black series AMG badge on your E63. AKA... Posing. IMO, he did nothing wrong calling you out for it.
It's a badge. For f**ks sake.

So there's no "official" E63 Black, what gives? Can you people really not sleep at night knowing someone dare have a "black" badge on their E63? Oh the horror...

If I still had my SL55, I'd put a Black Series badge on it, A) it's black, B) it had black wheels, and C) was slightly tweaked thus faster then a "true" black. And lastly, I'd love to annoy the sensitive members of this great MBWorld community.

Carry on.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Banned

SL600
Thats a nice video of you tearing ***.

See, why can't things around here just circle around cool videos like that-- instead of posers and crap? It would make this place much more enjoyable... I've seen "another poser bites the dust" one too many times.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche

So there's no "official" E63 Black, what gives? Can you people really not sleep at night knowing someone dare have a "black" badge on their E63? Oh the horror...

If I still had my SL55, I'd put a Black Series badge on it, A) it's black, B) it had black wheels, and C) was slightly tweaked thus faster then a "true" black. And lastly, I'd love to annoy the sensitive members of this great MBWorld community.

Carry on.
I'm sure you know this, but a black series badge doesn't have much to do with the color of the car...

Last edited by QuadBenz; 06-04-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I'm sure you know this, but a black series badge doesn't have to do much with the color of the car...
Ask the common person and examine their ignorance.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM

C250 12 / CLK63 BS / ML63 09 / GTR 2012

Carry on.
im with you on that one
Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Ask the common person and examine their ignorance.

Carry on.

I always just laugh at posers with their fake badges but if it was a friend or someone I know there might be a conversation about why.

Anyone can put whatever badge on their car they want but at the end of the day, they are only fooling themselves (so cliche but so true).
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Out Of Control!

If I still had my SL55, I'd put a Black Series badge on it, A) it's black, B) it had black wheels, and C) was slightly tweaked thus faster then a "true" black.
But is the driver black as well or caucasian? lol j/k
Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Thats a nice video of you tearing ***.

See, why can't things around here just circle around cool videos like that-- instead of posers and crap? It would make this place much more enjoyable... I've seen "another poser bites the dust" one too many times.
+1 Mil.

LZH, that was a hot video nice sound. However, that was in a residential area and (no knock against you) what if something did go wrong? Just a thought.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Vic55
I always just laugh at posers with their fake badges but if it was a friend or someone I know there might be a conversation about why.

Anyone can put whatever badge on their car they want but at the end of the day, they are only fooling themselves (so cliche but so true).
What if I just thought it looked cool? For example, my SL600 is not an AMG it does however have the AMG bodykit. I'm not pretending it's an AMG, I just like the way it looks. What if I just liked the Black Series badge?

I think the E63 looked cool-- the eye lids were a bit too much, but I think it's cool someone tried to differentiate from the crowd. What about the member we have here TTAMG, who has a CLK350 rebadged to hell with Black Series badges, body panels included? Everyone seems to think it's pretty cool. Is it because it's about to push out more power then a Veyron-- or is he just an exception?

Last edited by Akademiks; 06-04-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
What if I just thought it looked cool? For example, my SL600 is not an AMG it does however have the AMG bodykit. I'm not pretending it's an AMG, I just like the way it looks. What if I just liked the Black Series badge?

I think the E63 looked cool-- the eye lids were a bit too much, but I think it's cool someone tried to differentiate from the crowd. What about the member we have here TTAMG, who has a CLK350 rebadged to hell with Black Series badges, body panels included? Everyone seems to think it's pretty cool. Is it because it's about to push out more power then a Veyron-- or is he just an exception?
Its all subjective ... opinions opinions everyone is entitled to one and I stated what I think. I dont like cars that are misbadged. I dont get my panties in a wad but like I said I laugh at the owners trying to own something they dont have but again thats MY thoughts.

Your opinion may vary.

Oh you probably have rebadged your SL the way it runs; are you sure its not a 500 Just kidding. Well sort of. No, Im really joking
Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM

08 CLK63 BS

Personally, I think that people should do whatever they want with their cars that make them happy. If they are the ones paying for it with their money, nobody has any right to tell them what to do.

However, certain things invite criticism and if you're going to pursue those things, you need to be willing to accept the criticism. Similar to how celebrities need to deal with tabloids and media, deviating from what's "generally accepted" requires a certain level of tolerance for being bashed.

Now, that's not to say that the bashers are right for voicing their "uninvited opinions," but that's just how the world is...so what can you do?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
LZH
Banned

As Vic said, everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to their car. And I am entitled to call them on the carpet if I feel they are posing. Badging your car as something it's NOT is posing in the worst way because it's just a badge....you can't call a badge a "cosmetic upgrade" because it's sole purpose is to MISLEAD. If you want to throw an AMG aero kit and AMG wheels on your non AMG, fine....because one could argue that it's purely cosmetic and I see nothing wrong with that. But badging your car as something it's not is LAME. I'd rather see it DE-BADGED altogether. Trying to say TTAMG's Black Series project is posing is unfair. He has been very upfront and honest with his project and is not in any way shape or form trying to portray it as a real Black Series. I'm also pretty sure that it has no badging that would falsely lead anyone to believe that it is a 63 or a real BS.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Vic55
Oh you probably have rebadged your SL the way it runs; are you sure its not a 500 Just kidding. Well sort of. No, Im really joking

I see cheap shots are too easy for you to pass up-- I should have ascertained that from the fact your drive a Bimmer! Just kidding. Well... kind of, no... yes, wait... ok, yeah I'm joking.

The 600 is a cruiser... it just floats like a butterfly while I count stars through my pano. The glass roof neither of your cars have.

No matter... IC replacement is due soon enough...
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by LZH
As Vic said, everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to their car. And I am entitled to call them on the carpet if I feel they are posing. Badging your car as something it's NOT is posing in the worst way because it's just a badge....you can't call a badge a "cosmetic upgrade" because it's sole purpose is to MISLEAD. If you want to throw an AMG aero kit and AMG wheels on your non AMG, fine....because one could argue that it's purely cosmetic and I see nothing wrong with that. But badging your car as something it's not is LAME. I'd rather see it DE-BADGED altogether. Trying to say TTAMG's Black Series project is posing is unfair. He has been very upfront and honest with his project and is not in any way shape or form trying to portray it as a real Black Series. I'm also pretty sure that it has no badging that would falsely lead anyone to believe that it is a 63 or a real BS.
TTAMG CLK. I see "Black Series" badges. What a poser!

In any event, I do see the main points everyone's trying to get across. I do not agree, but I acknowledge.

LZH, let it go my brotha!

Vic, I'll see you at the next meet-- somewhere in my rear-view.

Jam, you already know the answer to your question!

Carry on.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Administrator

In any event, I do see the main points everyone's trying to get across. I do not agree, but I acknowledge.

Carry on.

No cheap shots evaaaaa- its all good, you are the one that fell on your sword in the Kill Stories forum when Kady took you. Nothing but respect for that.

Oh anytime you want to take your star gazer and run either of my kraut mobiles or my Zero the hero let me know. I think Shamu was offended by your Bimmer comment But Shamu will say good bye to your car alot faster than Lady Kady did.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:33 PM

2011 C63

Carry on.

YEA YEA I'm a poser, but dont be mad when the posers car makes a fast pass down the track. Anyways i have had several people pm about doing the same thing that i did and im not a d**k about sharing the info and spreading my knowledge about all the work that is included, part numbers, prices, etc. I'm also building real AMG parts that you real AMG people would never do and im posting pictures of all my road blocks along the way so you real AMG owners should appreciate what i do. I am the poser building a really expensive motor paving the road for you REAL AMG guys.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
LZH
Banned

All points understood and I'm sure accepted by all.....

But where or where is Niel with pics of his Black Series ??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POSER ALERT