CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 BS Question/S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by jrcart
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...s-my-truck.jpg

Yes, see this thread post #33, granted the rack is holding lumber not skis, but it's a roof rack none-the-less.
Somehow I don't think that's the "rack" he was refering to...... I could be wrong?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Sick minds think alike.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by chuck z
Somehow I don't think that's the "rack" he was refering to...... I could be wrong?
............Oh, I can post up a rack like that, I had a photo shoot with my car, hot little 24 yo blonde, it was supposed to be a bikini shoot but ended up being a topless shoot. I will post up a couple of the bikini pics but the topless pics may get me a ban.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
An all-wheel drive Lambo is going to fair far better in the snow than a rear whell drive BS...that being said you would not catch me dead taking either vehicle on a weekend ski trip. IMO people that are forced to do this are car poor, over-financed up the azz and are forced to drive that vehicle 365 days a year in any and all conditions becuase it is all they have. I know that this is not always the case but when I see some tool driving an exotic in the dead of winter "over financed idiot" comes to mind and is the only logical conclusion I can come up with to explain such porr decision making. Anyone that says they choose to drive their exotic all year around for the "driving pleasure" is full of crap, there is absolutely no "driving pleasure" involved when trying to navigate a 400-600hp 3200 pound vehicle in the ice and snow...or even rain for that matter. You guys can post up all the lame pictures and try to justify it anyway you want, but driving an exotic in the snow makes you look like a bust-out and I would bet 99% of the population (including non-enthusiests) would agree. Bottom line, if you can't afford a decent daily/winter driver you can't really afford the exotic either.
Jim, not everyone is over financed in Europe. Remember, German people are known for saving money and not spending all and some more like other countries do.

Regarding "no driving pleasure" driving a 400 - 600hp in the rain". Again, Europeans are different. What do you think they do in Formula 1??? Park the car??? No, they race! If you spend some time in Europe, you'll see all kinds of "Exotics" going down the Autobahn in pouring rain. Sometimes in the Fall you might take a trip and get caught in bad weather. So, now you are in the snow? What would you do? Call a flatbed and truck it out, or drive through it?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP
Jim, not everyone is over financed in Europe. Remember, German people are known for saving money and not spending all and some more like other countries do.

Regarding "no driving pleasure" driving a 400 - 600hp in the rain". Again, Europeans are different. What do you think they do in Formula 1??? Park the car??? No, they race! If you spend some time in Europe, you'll see all kinds of "Exotics" going down the Autobahn in pouring rain. Sometimes in the Fall you might take a trip and get caught in bad weather. So, now you are in the snow? What would you do? Call a flatbed and truck it out, or drive through it?
I am very aware that they race F1 in the rain, I used to race superbikes and we raced in the rain as well, I even raced in the snow once during a late spring race in which it changed from rain to snow in the middle of an endurance race....there was nothing fun about it though and I'm sure that an F1 driver would agree. Furthermore, getting caught in bad weather is a little different than strapping skis to the roof of your car and heading for the mountains in the dead of winter. I made a post a week or two ago about being forced to drive my BS about 2 miles in a snow storm...I had no choice, car was being shipped and the semi hauling it could not enter my residential area. I am going to stick to my original post about it being completely insane to want to drive ANY supercar in the snow.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Headline reads "Man takes 502 hp Mercedes AMG Supercar on ski trip"...see how stupid that sounds?
It does indeed. It's a nice car, but the BS isn't a supercar.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugo
Any truck or SUV substitution for my BS?? Hmmm... none! As far as I can remember, syclone or typhoon (remember those trucks and SUVs) might come close but still not a BS. Have any of you drive to the local ski resorts and have absolutely no snow on the roads until you hit the slpoes... Well, I have. (man made snow!! Well, it's what we got here sometimes. Anything is possible.) Although I have not drive this car on the snow so I cannot comment on that. I am from sunny southern California and live near by lots of canyon roads (Decker Canyon, Mulholland Drive...etc). Ocean is about 10 minutes away. Every time I hit the water with my board, it puts a smile to my face. And every time I get behind my BS (it does not have to be fast), it puts a even bigger smile on my face. So I grab my board strapped it on to the rack and get behind the wheel and guess what I have 3X of the smiles on my face when I am done rather than 1x with other vehicles. I think I will take that any time, any day. I am a daily driver of my car along with 3 others (none truck or SUV). I don't let any lame excuse stopping me using my BS to the fullest (big smile on my face). IMHO.

And please give me that trophy already, Jim!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by uscblack63
... Ocean is about 10 minutes away. Every time I hit the water with my board, it puts a smile to my face. .... So I grab my board strapped it on to the rack and get behind the wheel and guess what I have 3X of the smiles on my face when I .....

HERETIC! Stone him!
He gets into that fine corinthian leather seat with salt water on his trunks!

You get a trophy for using the car in the most imaginative ways!
Lumber hauler, ski's, surfboard ... let the legend grow!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any truck or SUV substitution for my BS?? Hmmm... none! As far as I can remember, syclone or typhoon (remember those trucks and SUVs) might come close but still not a BS. Have any of you drive to the local ski resorts and have absolutely no snow on the roads until you hit the slpoes... Well, I have. (man made snow!! Well, it's what we got here sometimes. Anything is possible.) Although I have not drive this car on the snow so I cannot comment on that. I am from sunny southern California and live near by lots of canyon roads (Decker Canyon, Mulholland Drive...etc). Ocean is about 10 minutes away. Every time I hit the water with my board, it puts a smile to my face. And every time I get behind my BS (it does not have to be fast), it puts a even bigger smile on my face. So I grab my board strapped it on to the rack and get behind the wheel and guess what I have 3X of the smiles on my face when I am done rather than 1x with other vehicles. I think I will take that any time, any day. I am a daily driver of my car along with 3 others (none truck or SUV). I don't let any lame excuse stopping me using my BS to the fullest (big smile on my face). IMHO.

I'm not sure where you are skiing but up until a couple years ago I used to ski 20-30 days a year and on several occasions have been stranded at various Colorado ski resorts when passes and road have been closed due to snow. First they close the roads then they re-open them to 4x4's and awd then they finally open them again to all traffic. Happens about twice a month on the pass between Denver and Winter Park.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55

Ever driven a Cayenne TTS? The new RRS SC is bosting 510 bhp? How about the BMW X5M? I know they're not a syclone or typhoon but hey...... there are some pretty nice options in SUVs IMHO.

We MUST have pics of the BS with the surf board!!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Any truck or SUV substitution for my BS?? Hmmm... none! As far as I can remember, syclone or typhoon (remember those trucks and SUVs) might come close but still not a BS.
A tuned G55K will put more then a "smile" on your face...

3 slab sided tons moving to 60MPH in 5 seconds with a fairly loud side exhaust note is quite exhilirating..

But the Yokohama's aren't great in the snow, even with three locking differentials

Ed A.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBYCC
A tuned G55K will put more then a "smile" on your face...

3 slab sided tons moving to 60MPH in 5 seconds with a fairly loud side exhaust note is quite exhilirating..

But the Yokohama's aren't great in the snow, even with three locking differentials

Ed A.
Even the lowly 2010 Tahoe sitting in my garage is respectable after I installed some shorty headers, new exhaust, larger TB, intake, pulley, ECU tune, Baer Big Brake kit all the way around, fully adjustable suspension, Eibach springs, 22x10 wheels wrapped in sticky 325 rubber...0 to 70 it can hang within a car length of a stock C6 vette and it will nearly out brake the vette as well, I'm actually going to put some laps in at the Autobahn track near my house in a couple weeks. All that and I don't look like a clown when the snow falls or I get the urge to hit the slopes. Although I must not tell a lie, I did run all season tires over the winter.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:56 AM

Yugo
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
HERETIC! Stone him!
He gets into that fine corinthian leather seat with salt water on his trunks!

You get a trophy for using the car in the most imaginative ways!
Lumber hauler, ski's, surfboard ... let the legend grow!
I learned that lesson (no wet shorts on leather seat even if you have dry towels on) from my old E30 M3 and E34 M5 almost 20 years ago. Both cars front seats are in poor shapes these days but they are still running. Now I bring extra boarding shorts so don't stone me just yet. Yes, I have and still hauled lumber, skis and surfboards on those cars. I must say, I have neglected them since I got my BS. I tried to have excuses not to use the BS on those those types of occasion but obviously I have failed. That's how much I enjoy driving the BS. Although from time to time, I missed the manual shifting part on those cars.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:14 AM

Yugo
Cayenne TTS, X5M, G55 and Jim's Tahoe are all nice cars... Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:57 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Ready for a ski rack!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JDB
Ready for a ski rack!

So that is what 24's on a CL would look like...I've been wondering what that would like. All that guy needs is a 3 pound turkey drumstick in his hand...does that fuy have some kind of Mad Max/Road Warrior fetish or what?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
So that is what 24's on a CL would look like...I've been wondering what that would like. All that guy needs is a 3 pound turkey drumstick in his hand...does that fuy have some kind of Mad Max/Road Warrior fetish or what?

The results of what happened when the "Wall" came down...

Isn't "Freedom" great...