CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 BS Question/S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB GLK 350 4matic(FOR SALE), 2010 C 63 AMG(FOR SALE)
CLK 63 BS Question/S

Does anyone use their BS as an everyday driver? Or do most use it as a fun weekend driver or just have it as a garage queen since so few were produced? And want to keep the value us with few miles. Looking at C 63's but have been intrigued by the CLK 63 BS. I would just drive it a few days a week. Have seen a few BS out there with anywhere from 800 miles to about 5K miles. Do they go thru tires like I have been hearing the C 63 does? Thanks for any opinions.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche 996 gt3 cup, 09 Audi R8
Originally Posted by wrecker
Does anyone use their BS as an everyday driver? Or do most use it as a fun weekend driver or just have it as a garage queen since so few were produced? And want to keep the value us with few miles. Looking at C 63's but have been intrigued by the CLK 63 BS. I would just drive it a few days a week. Have seen a few BS out there with anywhere from 800 miles to about 5K miles. Do they go thru tires like I have been hearing the C 63 does? Thanks for any opinions.
I use it ever day...and I absolutely love it to death. Even have it out in 20-30 degree weather with the corsas...now Im not the smartest for doing it...but Im pretty confident in my driving abilities... The car is perfect for every day driving with a ton of sport injected. Sirius, leather, ac carbon fiber, nice size...does the trick and then some to me...I must not however that I am pretty young so the suspension doesnt bother me...but I havent heard to many complaints.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:51 PM

CLK 63 AMG Black
I use mine every day of spring, summer and fall. I switched to Bridgestones very early, and have not had excessive tire wear (have over 20,000 miles on current set).
I don't get the philosophy of "keep miles low to preserve value". The cars depreciate with age, regardless of miles. Plus, your cost per mile is much less if you just run up the miles and keep it a long time. As a Porsche owner, I have seen lots of guys keep miles low on their twin turbos, only to learn years later that all they saved was $5-10,000, but the price for that was a $3.00 per mile cost differential.
There are few things that can give you pleasure every day. This car is one of those, so my encouragement is to drive it til it wears out. AS
Old 03-13-2010, 05:09 PM

-
I also have a question for lucky CLK63 BS owners. Is there a possibility to travel with skis somehow in this vehicle? Is there any ski-bag or ski-rack avaliable? Or is it possible to just arrange an open hole from the trunk to the cabin?

Last edited by sleepless24h; 03-13-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by sleepless24h
I also have a question for lucky CLK63 BS owners. Is there a possibility to travel with skis somehow in this vehicle? Is there any ski-bag or ski-rack avaliable? Or is it possible to just arrange an open whole from the trunk to the cabin?
Not trying to flame you.....

Originally Posted by chuck z
Skis? No ski bag. And nope, no way to get a "hole" not "whole" through the solid impenetrable steel wall between the trunk and cabin. You'll have to settle for a Tahoe or a subbie!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 PM

CLK63 BS, Panamera, Prius, Mini Cooper S
I also have a question for lucky CLK63 BS owners. Is there a possibility to travel with skis somehow in this vehicle? Is there any ski-bag or ski-rack avaliable? Or is it possible to just arrange an open hole from the trunk to the cabin?
You can attach a ski rack on the roof.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by wrecker
I use mine as a dd in Dallas and couldn't be happier at 17k.
Go ahead and save your miles for some other lucky driver, he/she will appreciate it and you will get little to nothing in return. Drive the car and enjoy it, you're paying for it!

The BS does not seem to consume tires like the C63.
I get 5 to 6k miles per set, a friend (C63) gets 3k maybe 4.

For sleepless, you can put a bike rack on so I expect there's a ski rack out there somewhere.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 AM

-
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
For sleepless, you can put a bike rack on so I expect there's a ski rack out there somewhere.
Have you seen that bike rack anywhere? Who produced it? Where can I find one?

Isn't it possible to delete a piece of wall between "back seats"? What is there under the plastic cover?
Old 03-14-2010, 07:18 AM

CLK63 Black, 2006 Ford GT

Isn't it possible to delete a piece of wall between "back seats"? What is there under the plastic cover?
I'm remodelling my kitchen & I agree, if it were't for that darned, the Black would be the perfect vehicle to take to Home Depot & load up a half dozen of their warped 2X4's.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:24 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Riley Martin
I'm remodelling my kitchen & I agree, if it were't for that darned, the Black would be the perfect vehicle to take to Home Depot & load up a half dozen of their warped 2X4's.
Don't forget that pesky 50 KG load restriction for the rear. It only takes a few sacks of concrete and you're at the limit . . .

Same thing applies when loading steer manure in the back, as well.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:47 AM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
I drive mine nearly all year round . I keep all my cars off the road ( except the Defender ) during the times when the UK govt salts the roads .

Last edited by WTDoom; 03-14-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by JDB
Same thing applies when loading steer manure in the back, as well.
....sure wish you could hose the BS out; sometimes when I'm hauling the dogs, if they gotta go they gotta go.....

RM, I'm doing an addition and trust me, if you roll the rear windows down you can get a dozen 8 footers in there with no problems.

I've started driving mine to work too. Since I plan to keep mine forever I'm going for the BS with the highest mileage! I'm going to wear it out.....
Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Have you seen that bike rack anywhere? Who produced it? Where can I find one?

Check with the dealer, I'm sure they have a low cost option for the rack.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Actually the European W220s had a hole in the back for skis but the US ones did not. (At least that was what I was read on the W220 forum) As the BS is a low production model I'm not sure if they'd do this for Euro vs. US spec if there is such a thing...
Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
The roof has provision for racks or it might be for the F1 light bar. Pop open the little covers and there is machined receptacles for the racks.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
I drive my in fair weather only, about once or twice a month during the weekends.
Todd
Old 03-15-2010, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Actually there did used to be an accessory ski rack available through MB parts deprtment for the standard CLK models that bolts into bosses already installed on car (look under little flaps on roof to expose threads). Why anyone in their right mind would bolt a ski rack to the rook of any CLK, let alone a Black Series in another story. I guess whatever floats your boat...As Chuck already suggested, I would stick with a Tahoe or SUV for any excursions into the mountains for ski trips.

If you do decide to purchase the ski rack please be sure to post up some pics so we can all get a good friendly laugh. Now I am suddenly picturing my BS lapping a race track with a couple sets of skis strapped to the roof
Old 03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by jrcart
....[snip]Why anyone in their right mind would bolt a ski rack to the rook of any CLK, let alone a Black Series in another story. I guess whatever floats your boat...[snip]

If you do decide to purchase the ski rack please be sure to post up some pics so we can all get a good friendly laugh. Now I am suddenly picturing my BS lapping a race track with a couple sets of skis strapped to the roof
+1000! Guess this is the kind of stuff that happens as the price falls......? ski racks and cutting holes from the trunk to the passenger compartment! Please buy another car/suv!

For the record; I work from home.....
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by chuck z
+1000! Guess this is the kind of stuff that happens as the price falls......? ski racks and cutting holes from the trunk to the passenger compartment! Please buy another car/suv!

For the record; I work from home.....
LOL, I wonder if they make a trailer hitch that will fit a Black Series? All that power and torque would be great for towing...That way I can tow my Rubicon to the rock crawling events. I saw a C6 Corvette towing a couple ATV's once, poor guy... OP, a ski rack on a Black Series is not really much different.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
another daily driver here
Old 03-16-2010, 02:43 PM

People do things like this because they can and because they are free to do so :

Last edited by WTDoom; 03-16-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by WTDoom
People do things like this because they can and because they are free to do so :

I don't see anything wrong with it..............but I am European. If you can't use it because you are afraid something is going to happen to it, why buy it in the first place? Would be the same as having this beautiful wife/girlfriend all dolled up in a Gucci dress, Christian Louboutin shoes and a Jimmy Choo purse, take her for dinner to Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills, show her off, and when you get back home you don't bang her because you are afraid you might wear it out?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM

Sold - CLK500
Originally Posted by SMP
I don't see anything wrong with it..............but I am European. If you can't use it because you are afraid something is going to happen to it, why buy it in the first place? Would be the same as having this beautiful wife/girlfriend all dolled up in a Gucci dress, Christian Louboutin shoes and a Jimmy Choo purse, take her for dinner to Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills, show her off, and when you get back home you don't bang her because you are afraid you might wear it out?
don't get me started with Christian Louboutin heel! my ex has way too many pairs there like $800-1600! Nuts

Either way, if i had a passion for skiining i would put a rack on my even if it was a lambo! its pretty comical actually

mike
Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM

-
As a founder of "BS+skis" topic I want to clarify that both fast cars and freeride skiing are my number one passions! And If there is a way to get the pleasure of driving a perfect car to a ski resort I would be happy to do it! Doesn't matter how it looks!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by SMP
well said !

As a founder of "BS+skis" topic I want to clarify that both fast cars and freeride skiing are my number one passions! And If there is a way to get the pleasure of driving a perfect car to a ski resort I would be happy to do it! Doesn't matter how it looks!
it would look coooooooool
just imagine going up to the chalet , sideways spraying snow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK 63 BS Question/S