CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Update on Bluetooth for the BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Update on Bluetooth for the BS

I read the older posts and got some great info from other members here; (thanks Mike! lol), re: installing BT in the CLK BS.
Yesterday I had it performed at my local MB dealer for $1300 minus a 15% discount on the parts and labour. This is a good discount from what the complete kit plus installation cost in the past. Works perfectly and it's nice having the 1 year warranty since its all MB parts and installed by the dealership, even though I could have managed an aftermarket BT option cheaper.
Just FYI.
Bish
Old 10-28-2010, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Do you have a problem with BT not disconnecting when the car is shut off? When I park my car close by, my BT is still enabled on my phone for a good 10 mins before it disconnects. So when a call comes in, I hear nothing, because it's trying to use the BT in the car.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by rage2
Do you have a problem with BT not disconnecting when the car is shut off? When I park my car close by, my BT is still enabled on my phone for a good 10 mins before it disconnects. So when a call comes in, I hear nothing, because it's trying to use the BT in the car.
Well I only had it installed yesterday so haven't experienced that myself. If I do, I'll let you know ASAP.

Bish
Old 10-28-2010, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
mine does this . until i am far enough away from the car it links .
Old 10-29-2010, 02:18 AM

WHT BS
You can disconnect your phones from the blue tooth manually when you leave the car.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Now I know what you're talking about. I believe this is specifically designed into the system so that if you're on a call and stop the car and turn off the engine but remain in the car to finish the call, it won't automatically drop the BT connection by turning of the Command system. At least for a specified time.

Bish
Old 10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by Eitan1
You can disconnect your phones from the blue tooth manually when you leave the car.
Yea, but that involves work!

Originally Posted by thebishman
Now I know what you're talking about. I believe this is specifically designed into the system so that if you're on a call and stop the car and turn off the engine but remain in the car to finish the call, it won't automatically drop the BT connection by turning of the Command system. At least for a specified time.

Bish
It should turn off when command system turns off. Command stays on when you turn off the car, and turns off when you open the door. With command off, you won't hear anything anyways, even though you have a BT connection.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Yea, but that involves work!

It should turn off when command system turns off. Command stays on when you turn off the car, and turns off when you open the door. With command off, you won't hear anything anyways, even though you have a BT connection.
If you have a modern phone, you should be able to select what audio source the incoming call will use.

e.g. the iPhone gives you a choice, take it from BT, take it via the handset, or speaker. Even the old iPhone did that.

So even if it is still connected to the MBZ you can grab the call outside of the car (or if your BT headset is not on your ear, etc).
Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 PM

E63S, SLS BS
Is the car pre-wired for the Bluetooth, or do they have to wire it and everything? I'm considering it but doubt I want to do it if they have to wire the whole car. Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by GRahal09
Is the car pre-wired for the Bluetooth, or do they have to wire it and everything? I'm considering it but doubt I want to do it if they have to wire the whole car. Thanks
In my car, a later build I think, the wiring was already in the car. Only parts needed were the electronic component for the trunk; an adapter to hold the BT puck and the BT puck itself. Then the labour to install. Some early build cars may need more wiring which my SA told me would have added about $400more to the cost; luckily my car didn't need it. $1300 for BT before the discount is a ridiculous price, but it's really nice having everything 'factory'.

Bish
Old 11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
If you have a modern phone, you should be able to select what audio source the incoming call will use.

e.g. the iPhone gives you a choice, take it from BT, take it via the handset, or speaker. Even the old iPhone did that.

So even if it is still connected to the MBZ you can grab the call outside of the car (or if your BT headset is not on your ear, etc).
Yea, that's what I do, after about 5 seconds of realizing that it's still connected to BT. Add another 5 seconds for the iPhone to properly switch over to internal speaker and the caller hung up haha.

It also randomly rechooses BT in the car during a call every 2 or 3 minutes. It's pretty annoying hehe.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM

a Black
I have a great story on this. My BT in my wife's 750Li has my phone on it's BT setting. So i am in my BS talking to her sister about her surprise 40th B-day party that I am planning for my wife. My wife happens to drive by...(in the next lane) we work a block apart. The damn BMW grabbed the call!

So i look at my phone and it is dead...says BT has the call. I am like...WTF? and look out the window...boom..there is my wife...i immediatley hang up. SHe calls me a second latter and says..."the wierdest thing just happened, all of a sudden my sister was talking through the car stereo (she does not have a BT phone hooked up yet), then it dropped." I say...wow that is wierd.

Lucky she did not hear the plans!