CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Supercharged 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Supercharged 63

Have you guys seen this: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...56-63-amg.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877j-ufLfWY

Originally Posted by Weistec
First off I'd like to say thank you guys for the support and interest. We are in the process of officially sponsoring this forum. The development process to this point has been kept under wraps until we knew a perfected system was ready. Expected ship dates for our supercharger units will be the beginning of February. Our new website will be launching soon. Power, Pricing, and a detailed parts list will be listed for everyone to view. Happy Holidays...

Originally Posted by Weistec
Thank you guys once again for your great interest. The staff at Weistec has had vast experience in aftermarket/oem engineering and calibration. We have successfully completed many projects in the oem market and obtained full vehicles certs and E.O. numbers. To answer some questions, we have performed vigorous tests with the stock engine and transmission under boost. We are also running the factory ECM, no piggyback. Rest assured our Stage 1 kit will give the end user a safe, fun, and ultimately, a 50 state legal supercharger kit. For the customers looking for more performance, we will be offering a few upgrades in different stages, including upgraded engine internals, and transmission parts. Pricing for our kits will be very obtainable as well.

Our official test vehicle is a 2011 C63 (for emissions reasons), although prior testing was also done on a 2009 C63. Our test car is 100% stock, other then our supercharger. This kit is made to bolt up to all AMG 63 platforms. We will have many pictures and much more data very soon.

Last edited by Sincity; 12-26-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 63 black series
Very cool/inpressive - can't wait to get more info!!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W208 CLK55
Sounds like fun - like to see more!!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Will it need an intercooler to keep intake air temps down like the E55K's?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by MACHC5
Will it need an intercooler to keep intake air temps down like the E55K's?
Actually let's hope they come up with an IC that does a lot better than the one in the 55...lol
Old 12-26-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Looks like a low pressure kit like the Edlelbrocks, which has an intercooler. 5-6 psi is about all you can boost an 11.5 compression motor. i would expect a big gain in torque and if they get it right with pricing, they'll sell a ton of them.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Talking

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Looks like a low pressure kit like the Edlelbrocks, which has an intercooler. 5-6 psi is about all you can boost an 11.5 compression motor. i would expect a big gain in torque and if they get it right with pricing, they'll sell a ton of them.
They already sold one of them
Old 12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL!!!!

There goes that MB motor only 1/4 mile record!!!

Jim - are you worried at all about this thing not being reliable enough and ruining the trackability of the BS? It's no secret that turbos are a much better more reliable way to make power at the race track. Interested to hear your thoughts about this....and also...did you JUST order yours when you saw this here or had you heard about it before ?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
LOL!!!!

Jim - are you worried at all about this thing not being reliable enough and ruining the trackability of the BS? It's no secret that turbos are a much better more reliable way to make power at the race track. Interested to hear your thoughts about this....and also...did you JUST order yours when you saw this here or had you heard about it before ?
Do tell...........
Old 12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
LOL!!!!

Jim - are you worried at all about this thing not being reliable enough and ruining the trackability of the BS? It's no secreYt that turbos are a much better more reliable way to make power at the race track. Interested to hear your thoughts about this....and also...did you JUST order yours when you saw this here or had you heard about it before ?
I'm not at liberty to disclose any info at this time, the people building this will be releasing info when the time is right, and if all goes as planned that time should be any day. As for trackability, I don't think I will lose anything, look at cars like the ZR1 which come from the factory with a SC and tuners are throwing SCs on CTSVs and setting records at the ring, also look at the high boost supercharged Ford GTs. I don't think 800 plus hp can ever be looked at as a bad thing. Turbos would require different internals because of higher boost requirments thus requiring much lower compression, 6 pounds from an SC on this motor should not require pistons or other internal mods.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Turbos would require different internals because of higher boost requirments thus requiring much lower compression, 6 pounds from an SC on this motor should not require pistons or other internal mods.
Incorrect. I'm glad the 63 is getting supercharged but this info posted is incorrect. With the right turbo you would make MORE power at 6psi vs a supercharger at 6psi. Something called parasitic loss. I'm not even gonna get strated on the rest of the false statements.

Supercharged 63 should be a monster! Hope they get this thing working well. Can't wait to see supercharged 63's at the track tearing it up!!!

Last edited by blackbenzz; 12-28-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:15 PM

2001 MK4 2.0
Turbos would require different internals because of higher boost requirments thus requiring much lower compression, 6 pounds from an SC on this motor should not require pistons or other internal mods.
I guess money can't buy brains.

higher boost requirements? So now you run turbos you have a higher "requirement" to make power.

Well gee...that would be based on the efficiency of the turbo you chose. You can pick a high volume lower pressure turbo. You can pick a high efficiency, high pressure turbo. You can also determine just how much boost you want to run.

6psi on a S/C vs 6psi on a turbo setup. A turbo is a lot more efficient and doesnt present the parasitic drag of a s/c setup. So though you can pick a turbo or turbos that flow the same volume airflow as the s/c at a given pressure you will still make more power with the turbo setup due to less drag. Oh and guess what? The internals need not change.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
I'm not at liberty to disclose any info at this time, the people building this will be releasing info when the time is right, and if all goes as planned that time should be any day. As for trackability, I don't think I will lose anything, look at cars like the ZR1 which come from the factory with a SC and tuners are throwing SCs on CTSVs and setting records at the ring, also look at the high boost supercharged Ford GTs. I don't think 800 plus hp can ever be looked at as a bad thing. Turbos would require different internals because of higher boost requirments thus requiring much lower compression, 6 pounds from an SC on this motor should not require pistons or other internal mods.
All the cars you mention above were built with reinforced internals and lower compression than their NA counterparts ... are you saying that this kit will put the car at 800 plus hp on the factory NA internals?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I am surprised to see you get out of the N/A game?
I would think the S/C set up would generate enough heat to keep it off the road courses long term running. You have also stated you have traction problems already so whats this going to generate??

I am not an expert on S/C's so it will be interesting to see how this goes.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by Q_dubz

higher boost requirements? So now you run turbos you have a higher "requirement" to make power.

Well gee...that would be based on the efficiency of the turbo you chose. You can pick a high volume lower pressure turbo. You can pick a high efficiency, high pressure turbo. You can also determine just how much boost you want to run.

6psi on a S/C vs 6psi on a turbo setup. A turbo is a lot more efficient and doesnt present the parasitic drag of a s/c setup. So though you can pick a turbo or turbos that flow the same volume airflow as the s/c at a given pressure you will still make more power with the turbo setup due to less drag. Oh and guess what? The internals need not change.
You're right on the 6 psi SC vs. turbo ... but I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean you don't need to change the internals at 6 psi or that turbo vs. SC influences the need to upgrade internals?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM

2001 MK4 2.0
Originally Posted by Speedriven
You're right on the 6 psi SC vs. turbo ... but I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean you don't need to change the internals at 6 psi or that turbo vs. SC influences the need to upgrade internals?
I'm sayin that if volume and pressure remain the same for the two systems then the internals don't need to change. No matter how you chose to shove air down that *****'s throat...the above variables really dictate the need for motor building. Hell you could even get a head spacer developed effectively lowering the compression and get even more power on stock internals.

Many, many variables.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
There's no shortage of armchair quarterbacks around here... let's see some hardware developed, installed, dyno-tested, and track tested.

Very exciting development for sure!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:35 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I would think the S/C set up would generate enough heat to keep it off the road courses long term running
That's one of the things I'm talking about...A ground up build from the factory with a blower is much different than an aftermarket application - especially when you are talking about AMG motors and how well engineered these things are. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying to be done RIGHT will take a serious and expensive effort that will keep this product out of 99% of buyers hands.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No use in speculating or arguing, all I said is the 63 motor can handle 6 pounds without major internal mods. Since I'm not an expert on FI motors nor am I claiming to be I will just wait like I said before for the THE FACTS to be made public when the guys devolping this decide to do so. Trust me, the VERY FIRST question I asked was related to compression and pistons and internals.

That's all I have to say on this subject at this time.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Q_dubz
No need for personal attacks here. Turbos are a no-go because space is an issue; there is no room unless you strap-on some rear mounted ones.

Please keep it clean so the thread can continue. I'm sure all of us here want to know what JrCart will be doing.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Jcart - props to you bud, can't wait to see what you guys put together. I know it's a big commitment to go to uncharted territory, and we all benefit from this work.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by Sincity
No need for personal attacks here. Turbos are a no-go because space is an issue; there is no room unless you strap-on some rear mounted ones.

Please keep it clean so the thread can continue. I'm sure all of us here want to know what JrCart will be doing.
^ exactly. JrCart is taking the pioneer path - he'll be getting enough arrows in his back.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Speedriven
^ exactly. JrCart is taking the pioneer path - he'll be getting enough arrows in his back.
Thanks for your support, but I'm really not the one pioneering this, somebody else has already done all the hard work R&D and engineering behind this, I'm just going to be writing a check.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Thanks for your support, but I'm really not the one pioneering this, somebody else has already done all the hard work R&D and engineering behind this, I'm just going to be writing a check.
But who owns the car that is going to put this thing to its first REAL testing? You are absolutely the pioneer and I hope it works out great.

Cooling will be the key.....ZR1's are track monsters all day any temps... take a stock GT 500 out in 95 degrees and 3 laps later its in limp mode.