CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Evosport | Another evo3+ CLK63 BS with CARBON ROOF!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by dynomite05
If it's possible for me to get one here in NJ, could you PM me some more details?
For the cost of this mod (not near the words cheap or cost effective) you personally are better off taking that money, parting your car, selling said car and getting a used 55 or 63. Just my 2 pennies.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:48 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by tgoss
For the cost of this mod (not near the words cheap or cost effective) you personally are better off taking that money, parting your car, selling said car and getting a used 55 or 63. Just my 2 pennies.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by LZH
I think he was referring to the guy with the CLK320 who wanted the CF roof.

Hey, different strokes for different folks...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K

Why? I'm not looking to get it for weight savings.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I think he was referring to the guy with the CLK320 who wanted the CF roof.

Hey, different strokes for different folks...
Ya that comment was directed towards dynomite.

Originally Posted by dynomite05
Why? I'm not looking to get it for weight savings.
Not knocking anything you do, I just figured anyone who would spend the money to do this type of mod would be purely for the performance aspect of it. If not they would just wrap the roof in that dinoc cf fabric... That's the reason I suggested that. If you do this more power to ya it really does look amazing.

Sorry for the OT.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K

Not knocking anything you do, I just figured anyone who would spend the money to do this type of mod would be purely for the performance aspect of it. If not they would just wrap the roof in that dinoc cf fabric... That's the reason I suggested that. If you do this more power to ya it really does look amazing.

Sorry for the OT.

Making the car a bit lighter is a plus, but I would want it mainly for looks. I like the CF vinyl, but would rather have the real thing.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

benzo larenzo
When dyno drops 55k in to his clk i doubt you will have the same opinion.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by badblackbenz550
When dyno drops 55k in to his clk i doubt you will have the same opinion.
I'll keep my response to this reserved to not go OT but I don't know why that would make any world of difference to my opinion.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM

M3 CSL
Well put. I have a 2006 M3 with all OEM CSL mods on the M3. When I did the OEM CSL CF roof, I could not believe the difference because of the weight savings.

Besides the CSL interior, the CF roof is my favorite mod for the M3

Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
The CF roof is approx 15-18lbs lighter then the stock metal one once the conversion is complete. However, taking 20lbs off the top of the car (the furthest point from the COG - center of gravity) has a far greater positive impact on performance than even taking 100lbs off of the car below the mid-line).

Chris at C2 does a great job and we are happy to supply them with our parts to service that region! This car stock is great, but once you drive one "tuned" you are hooked. There are very few cars on the road that can compare for looks, street performance, track performance and teenage-like burnouts! lol

The hood WILL BE CF. We have had three suppliers back out of the project, and are working to secure the mold. This car id going to be featured in a magazine and by the time the mag is out, the hood will be real CF.

Yes, you have to understand that the roof on nearly any modern roadcar is NOT a structural component. The roll structure and strength is in the A-C pillar. The roof is cosmetic. Removing the roof and putting a CF one on is a bit time consuming, but is not major surgery.

We have done this for MANY years on BMW M3's and have been doing it for 997's for 1.5 years now. The AMG's are the next in line!

I don't think it is "ricer" at all. I have yet to see an import with a REAL CF roof. Yet, I see plenty of BMW, Porsche and other super exotics with them. This is just personal opinion, so you are not wrong, we just disagree.

As for original BS? WHY? These cars are not going to be collector cars, they will not appreciate like art. It is a damn good car and with the proper mods, it is an amazing one. With the price you can get one today and the money to mod one, you are less than any "super car" and have better insurance, performance and in fact a better performing car in nearly any comparison.

Yep, we supplied that to him as well.

Yes, that is a far greater savings. However, any weight you take off the TOP of the car, the better the performance and value.

thanks
Brad
Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Looks great!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM

08 E63, 07 RS4, 04 GT3, 10 LR4, 02 Pajero
Originally Posted by bill ewo
Well put. I have a 2006 M3 with all OEM CSL mods on the M3. When I did the OEM CSL CF roof, I could not believe the difference because of the weight savings.

Besides the CSL interior, the CF roof is my favorite mod for the M3
That's all good and well, but listing your car as an M3 CSL under "Drives:" is not something I would do. Be proud of it, but it isn't a CSL even if you have done the extensive OEM exhaust and engine modifications (which I doubt but feel free to correct me). Anyway, it's your car so do as you wish but please don't get bent out of shape as it's only one man's opinion.

CF roof looks great, Evosport, and should've come like this from the factory.

Last edited by Nstar; 01-27-2011 at 07:43 PM.