CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 BS VS other 63 models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011 | 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Question CLK 63 BS VS other 63 models

I was wondering what the straight line performance is for the BS vs the E or CLS 63? I am considering a BS but dont do any track racing so if just pure speed is basically the same then I think I would rather have the back seats. I do realize that the BS brings so many other great things to the table than just power like the handling, great looks, and exclusivity but was just curious how it stacks up on the highway vs the others. Thanks for any info guys.
Old 04-12-2011 | 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
If all you want is a fast car on the highway, the BS isn't for you. You will find it stiff, with limited range, and compromised all weather capabilities (no snow). Your other choices are more comfortable, and the fact is, nobody can use 500+ horsepower very often on the highway. Any sedan with 400 ft.lbs of torque will probably meet all you needs.
The BS is all about handling and immediacy. There are many cars that are fast and comfortable highway cars that can be tracked. The BS is more of a track car that can be street-driven. You probably need to drive on to figure it out for yourself. AS
Old 04-12-2011 | 09:17 AM

Received 155 Likes on 39 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Assuming you're talking about the 63 models that carry the 6.2 engine and not the brand new 5.5 TT:

CLK63 BS should be faster than:
c63
s63
cl63
clk63
ml63
r63

About even with:
cls63
e63
sl63

If you want the fastest straight line -and stock- amg cars, go with anything that has a 65 engine.
Old 04-12-2011 | 06:08 PM

S550
Thanks for the replies guys. I dont want to give the perception that I will be driving it like an old man because I wont. I do enjoy the twisties and am a very aggressive driver. I just wont track the car and id feel bad if thats where most use it and I never once let it see the track. My main concern is that I wasnt going to look silly in my track car getting walked by a 4 door 5 seat E63.
Old 04-12-2011 | 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by AP24LA
Thanks for the replies guys. I dont want to give the perception that I will be driving it like an old man because I wont. I do enjoy the twisties and am a very aggressive driver. I just wont track the car and id feel bad if thats where most use it and I never once let it see the track. My main concern is that I wasnt going to look silly in my track car getting walked by a 4 door 5 seat E63.
Your main concern shouldn't concern u. This car carves the road like a scalpel....it's fun. Leave ur ego at the door for those little Honda civics running nitrous and doing 9's in the quarter.
Old 04-12-2011 | 09:58 PM

CLK63
Originally Posted by AP24LA
E63 is not exactly a slouch.. with launch control active it will most likely massacre you in a stoplight drag especially if you're trying to launch the car on set of room temperature track tires. The rest of the time it will be very close since the E is hampered by a few hundred pounds of extra fat. If you really want something to own the streets you can put yourself into a new R35 GT-R and never have to worry about losing a race to anything short of a supercar. Personally I don't care for nissan's little rocket toaster but it's performance numbers pretty much speak for themselves.
Old 04-12-2011 | 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Rarely is the impromptu challenge from a dig but usually from a roll. The BS holds it's own and in my personal experience only the E63 of the 63 family that has a chance. The BS was engineered to be run all day at the track and drive home. The GT-R is a killer but weak for track use and the ride marginal. A stemer is right, the more power the less flexible the car.
Old 04-13-2011 | 08:40 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Get a 55k anything
witht he extra $$$ u save u will be buss length in front with simple mods.

or a C63 and tune/ mod it
Old 04-13-2011 | 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
The CLKBS is an iconic car, IMO and is a really special car.
That being said, a tuned or P31 C63 would be worth looking at for what you're needs are.

If I didn't need the four doors for those times the family is in the AMG, I would have strongly considered the CLKBS.

If I had more disposable money and another free garage spot, I'd have a BS sitting beside my C63.
Perfect for those early morning weekend runs, but I couldn't be happier with my black beast