CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Multiple CD Player Failures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Multiple CD Player Failures

Is anyone experiencing CD player failures? MY OEM player quit and was replaced under warranty last week. The replacement player failed today. I swapped out the cartridge to see if that was the problem but I'm still receiving the "CD Error" message and it doesn't work.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
What's a CD player?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
What's a CD player?

Get this instead and put it in place of your CD changer, saves space and weight too! http://www.dension.com/
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
Patha, compressed music is for ear-buds, not real stereos

Just found this on my AllData system, might be your problem, I hope its this easy, if so your dealer owes you for letting them know:

"Certain companies in the music industry have been enforcing Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect their produced music from being copied. As a result of this implementation, some music CDs or tracks in the CDs may not be recognized (played) by Mercedes-Benz media players (head units, CD changers). A reason for this condition is copy-protection encoding algorithms of the subject CD do not match the industry standard.

Please note this condition is not caused by Mercedes Benz medial players and therefore head units, changers and other media players cannot be replaced due to this condition. Prior to diagnostics, inspect the subject CDs and their labels for any indication of copy-protection on the CD and advice customers of this information"

Good luck and long live analog
Old 05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
My only failures have been when trying to get the cassette tape into the slot. If you push real hard it goes in but getting it out is a *****!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 PM

WHT BS
Talking

Originally Posted by ecampbell
My only failures have been when trying to get the cassette tape into the slot. If you push real hard it goes in but getting it out is a *****!!
What is a cassette tape?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
They are trash mine is busted too and I never even use it. I just put them in the command.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Eitan1
What is a cassette tape?
Well, its a pretty cool thing . Find someone local to you off a forum and check out his analog system, it will be a treat, not many know how a real sounding stereo system can be, there is a huge difference verses most that are out there these days.

There is hope I see now that loss-less versions of music are being offered, there is a reason, a lot of the quality of music is missing from compression/lossy music file formats, a standard mp3 file has been compressed 5 times more than a CD, you can't tell with ear buds but on real speakers, there is a huge difference, kind of like going from just sound, to music .

Not being one sided, unaware or unreasonable, mp3 and the like do have one amazing feature, to store mass quantities of songs in the palm of your hand, indeed, very slick and quite useful, and to be accessible in so many ways! But with storage technology getting so much better, we will soon have the room for better quality sound files I currently have burned over 100 LPs and over 200 CDs to a 2TB hard drive and hardly made a dent in it, love it!! Who needs a radio with someone else's choice of music and screaming advertisements, or a paid subscription to satellite?

ecampbell, I had no problems getting my cassettes out, pry-bar works great

Getting off topic, sorry!!!! LOVEMYBS, Do let us know if it was a CD coding format though, would like to know!

Last edited by Jeff M; 05-28-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
My OEM CD player was replaced with a re-manufactured CD player that also failed. It was replaced today with a new OEM player so I shouldn't (hopefully) have any more problems.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:01 AM

Good news, thanks for the update, hopeful this one does it. So it had nothing to do with copyright coding of some discs, was a hope there for another reason you had so many failed units.