CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Any BS owners wanna sell?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Black
Originally Posted by Jeff M
New owner quickies; yes it idles a little fast at cold start, no worries, let the oil circulate during that time while the ECU warms the cats with the extra rpms, then easy drive in transmission “C” for a few miles to let temps get acclimated.

Read we have a 6,500 mile break-in period, no matter how much is done at any factory to have it broke-in-ready, still best to give your nice engine a fighting chance at a respectable break-in period.

Once its broken in and you want to explore the rpms, engine oil temp must be above I think 79 C as indicated on your display, push a few button to locate the display, it will be blinking till you get past the 79 C point, then you can hammer through the gears. If you do this before the temp is up, there will be an abrupt cut at higher rpms there to protect your engine’s longevity, truly is better to have these features now available to us, built and tuned many American cars and know such things are very good practices, and glad to now see them programmed into more performance engines these days.

Tires are a bit skittish at first/when cold (as any tire), learn it on some safe roads before you get too on it. Nice things that some don’t realize is that these OEM tires have one of the best controlled/readable breakaways/drift out angles, no wonder Jeremy Clarkson said even his gramma could be a drift queen with this car (the car’s suspension has something to do with this too). I say that also because other brand tire ideas later might not do the same. Also new fresh tires will always be stickier than the old ones, so some that have gone with other brands, it’s not fair to compare the new tire’s better grip with the old tires grip.

If you want a good fitting great quality car cover, got lucky and found one that fits the CLK BS perfect, it’s listed for the CLK 63 AMG BS and Convertible at the same time (in the drop-down menu) but it fits my black perfect! http://www.carcoverworld.com/
At the first page select your year, car and model, then click the upper left icon "Custom Fit Covers". Then once you pick the cover, it will ask for model again, pick Black Series Convertible. I picked the version for my garage, that being one that protects from dust and breaths and is soft to the paint, all the others seem to be more for outside protection and not as gentle to the car with regular remove/installs. The CoverCraft version was their Block-It Dustop, SKU C16480TS for $209. RBYCC might like one too since he said he needed to “dust his off” and get it out.

Sorry if you already read any or all of this elsewhere/before.
Great thank you. My bank is still jacking me around....they got a nada for a clk63...and said "hey it s only worth $57k". I had them pull up a "black series" and NADA says $108k! Thought you all might like to hear that...for whatever it is worth. My local bank is on it now too.

My final purcahse price is $86,238...and the 5/60 MB extended was $3,762. I will let you know if when i get the beast....too excited.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 PM

a Black
FINALLY....done! Pick up the car tomorrow!

Gonna take it for a nice ride in So Cal and then home.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Congratulations! Your excitement really comes through in your posts.

Let's see some pictures . . .
Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Woo Hoo......! Congrats C55Vegas.....er BS63Vegas. Time to request another name change from the Mods.

So, when do we get to see it? BTW-I saw your old C32 earlier this year.

Last edited by Sincity; 05-27-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 clk63 amg black series
we need to get a vegas meet together, my black is stored in laughlin and i take it to vegas twice a month! cant wait to hear how you like it!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Originally Posted by wonsuk_utmb
Originally Posted by C55Vegas
Yep..tried to buy that one...they would not budge on the price. Think i got a 3700 mile black one, all stock, locked up! Will post good or bad news from the bank tomorrow!
Funny, that one is one of those special 507hp ones in the USA.

High price for a Silver BS, even with those low miles.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by spifffs
we need to get a vegas meet together, my black is stored in laughlin and i take it to vegas twice a month! cant wait to hear how you like it!
Let us know when you are in town next. There are a few of us who GTG regularly.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:44 AM

2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
Great thank you. My bank is still jacking me around....they got a nada for a clk63...and said "hey it s only worth $57k". I had them pull up a "black series" and NADA says $108k! Thought you all might like to hear that...for whatever it is worth. My local bank is on it now too.

My final purcahse price is $86,238...and the 5/60 MB extended was $3,762. I will let you know if when i get the beast....too excited.
You are welcome, I am still feeling rather new to mine so easy to share the excitement! NADA gives a $108k? That is good news, for a seller or a bank giving a loan, not so good if someone is listing the car per NADA and hoping to sell it . And I am glad to hear this, not that it was bothering me but some owners grumble the low resale value of an AMG, but like I said, is that so bad for a buyer

The extra you were charged for a MB warranty sounds a little heavy for the length, though mine had a CPO so that might have made it less for the extra warranty so I am not sure on that.

Hope you are still alive an kicking, hollar back with the details, and pics too, also like to hear what verison/model remote radar detector you got, and where they stealth mounted the display/control panel (the 2 blue LEDs are slick).
Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 AM

Know you are going to be more apt to talk your fun and such, but being a stickler for details especially when it comes to money, did some looking at my receipts on warranties to my CLK Black with 4,600 miles/at time of buying my extended, but same 2,500 when purchased in 2010 with just a CPO.

My original dealer did a CPO on the car, by Mercedes rules they are not suppose to add the cost of that as an option to the bill, though they did (typical dealers), that price was listed as $1,395. A CPO in this case adds 12 months to the original 4 years the car came with or a total of 5 years/60 months now. The CPO also takes the original warranty miles of 50k out to 100k!

After I got back home, I went to my MB dealer and got prices on extending that further, prices for that were (AMG models are more); $2,395 for an extra 12 months over the CPO for a total of 6 years/72 months, or $3,995 for 24 months over the CPO or a total of 7 years/84 months. Miles stay at 100k. And these are MB warranty, not outsourced versions, though not sure MB even lets their dealers use outsourced.

No deductibles on any of these, so that makes the prices not quite as insane as they appear. No cost to transfer the full extended warranty to the next seller, making it a good selling point.

So your extended warranty math does not work out with what I have read (these details are on the MB web site), a CPO at least would have you at 5 year/100k, and should not have been so much money/$3,762, the longest extended warranty/24 months after a CPO was $3,995, and that would have had you at 7 years/84 months and 100k. Might be good to check on this, for your sake, not mine.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
If the purchase was made from a Merc dealer, the one year CPO extension is built into the asking price and not indicated as a separate line item on the invoice.
Negotiate the asking price and it changes the out the door and CPO buy price..
The dealer asking price on my BS in February 2010 was $84991.00 /CPO / 5826 miles.
My CPO buy price not including my state taxes and tags was $79402.00 which included delivery from NC to DE.

I also lucked out as MB was offering 1.99%/66 month financing on CPO CLK at the time and the BS qualified, so why pay cash when you can get an incredibly low interest rate !!!

The "Platinum" MB warranty ( total 84 months/100K miles from inception ) was offered at $3995.00
You can extend your warranty from MB up until the time your current warranty expires.
Best to wait until the last minute as if you buy at time of purchase it's just overlaying the existing warranty.
You then have control of your funds until you truly need to extend the warranty !
The warranty can be purchased from any Merc dealer in the USA.
There are a few that will discount the warranty, so best to shop around

Ed A.

Last edited by RBYCC; 05-28-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 AM

Thank you Ed!!! For adding your details and more suggestions, and glad to see my figures still held, not sure if pricing might differ with other states, or dealers, and that a CPO is not an add-on as it appears some companies that are owned by AutoNation seem to be practicing!

Very nice price score on your BS, must be pretty good/brutal on negotiating respect that!!

I don't think there is any overlaying on the extended warranties, they only start after your original runs out. They are listed as 12 and 24 month being what they add to your original months, right?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just drove C55's new BS. Really nice car. In comparison to my C63, I really like the BS's "heavier" feel of the steering vs. the over-boosted C63's.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:17 PM

a Black
Got the car...not even a rock chip in the perfect black finish. Prior owner must have just driven it around the block at night for the 3700 miles; and ordered the cover.

So...did not really have any time to "run" it...was in bumper to bumper traffic from San Diego to LA and LA into Vegas. (I have no idea how anyone lives in SoCal....that traffic was just insane). But i really dig on the car...strong, solid...it moves with a purpose at all times. It feels so incredibly solid. Passing on the freeway is effortless. And i did not see one on the ride home....passed a few P-cars and saw a Gallardo and 430 too. More to come when I get some time wtih it......

As for the warranty. I purchased a MB limited extended warranty. It is for 5yr/60k "after" the orginal expires...so 5 more years.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice write up. Congrats! May I ask what the extended warranty ran you?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by pjfla
Nice write up. Congrats! May I ask what the extended warranty ran you?
$3700 and change....i have it in a prior post
Old 05-30-2011, 12:02 AM

Good news, super condition, with a cover, and at home now! Insane amounts of torque at low rpms do make it strong, little need to hammer just to pass or move out, dual plane manifold and adjustable cams make magic happen!

A 5/60 on top of the standard 4/50, so that is 9 year/108 months/110k miles, how did you pull that off, longest extended I have heard of

Congrats, hope to hear more soon.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:08 AM

a Black
Manifold and cam suggestions?
Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Congrats! Wait till you get out of traffic and into some twisties, you'll really see what the car's all about then.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Evosport and MHP sells a gasket that goes between the intake manifold and heads to lower intake temps.

For intake, get the AMG Euro-spec airboxes (aka "ROW") and high-flow filters. Look at my post #91 https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...stified-4.html. Bruce @ TTM modifies the stock flaps to get similar results, but I'd rather have the "ROW" boxes with a second set of MAFs as spares in case my K&Ns foul them. You can find the PNs somewhere before post #1. Renntech's airbox is the best, but pricey as usual and not many used ones for sale.

Not sure who makes BS headers other than Evosport (LT) and Renntech (shorties). You might want to inquire how they propose on passing our annual OBDII emissions when using headers. Renntech uses the stock primary cats, so no issue there. Not sure if using primary cats and a tune on Evosport headers will pass OBDII smog. Cory gave me some technical response about how far downstream the O2 sensors are placed on the headers and the distance between the two O2 sensors as being critical but that went over my head. As far as cams, check with Renntech. MHP has a set and I think Kleemann as well.

You may want to hang around the C63 section for new performance developments since we have the same engine. I know....step down in exclusivity.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sincity
Let us know when you are in town next. There are a few of us who GTG regularly.
... we'll be in the Las Vegas area the 6/16->6/18, myself and a few other Paupers. We plan to stop by Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch Thursday around noon for lunch and a few laps ... on Friday, we'll probably take a tour of Lake Mead. I'm sure there will be a run somewhere Saturday morning with lunch at Bahama Breeze ... I'll be heading home after lunch.

FYI

G

Earl, are you around that weekend?

Last edited by cigarette1; 06-02-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
How much do you want to spend?

Headers - hennessey
Exhaust - evosport
Airboxes - evosport
Tuning - many vendors

So far we are at about 20K for the above base mods.

I would stay away from any cam changes at the moment as there is really nothing out there. A custom grind is fine but I would wait for the R&D first.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell
How much do you want to spend?

. . . . I would wait for the R&D first.
Those are words of wisdom that are worth their weight in gold.

Remember, education is a very expensive thing.

JDB
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by JDB
Those are words of wisdom that are worth their weight in gold.

Remember, education is a very expensive thing.

JDB
(1) Reliability....
(2) Power.....
(3) Cost effective....

*you can only have two so pick wisely. I have taken 1 and 2...
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 AM

a Black
Originally Posted by cigarette1
... we'll be in the Las Vegas area the 6/16->6/18, myself and a few other Paupers. We plan to stop by Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch Thursday around noon for lunch and a few laps ... on Friday, we'll probably take a tour of Lake Mead. I'm sure there will be a run somewhere Saturday morning with lunch at Bahama Breeze ... I'll be heading home after lunch.

FYI

G

Man.....I am in Mazatlan that week! Next time I am in!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by cigarette1

FYI

G

Gary, unfortunately I am going to be out and about that weekend. Might be in florida for Giuly's birthday but she has the sout of italy on her mind. Have a blast and I will be sure to let you know when the car is done....just goes to show you can be 1,000's away on your car and still have it cost you a small fortune!