CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

C63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by WTDoom
sorry smp didnt mean you directly more the tone of the thread
No apology necessary . It's a discussion and all of us have different opinions what we expect from a car .

Although I haven't seen the car in person, looking at the pictures and considering the relative low base price compared to the CLK63 BS, it seems the C63 BS is not as hard core. If you look at the engine bay, it doesn't even have a strut tower brace. I assume the rear brace will be missing too. The seam welded and triangulated chassis is time consuming and expensive to produce and most likely was dumped as well. It also looks like that the car doesn't have any carbon fiber, either on the exterior or on the interior. Besides the Recoaro seats, which will not make it to the US anyway, it looks exactly the same as a C63 coupe. The deviated stitching and colored seat belts are not enough to off set that fact. Whether it has all the additional cooling features like the CLK remains to be seen. Maybe that's just the base car and they will offer a lengthy list of track worthy options. If all that remains is a wide body with some different body panels and a "Black Series badge", I consider it a soft version and don't get too excited about it. AMG tries to cater to a wider audience with a watered down idea that differentiated their Black Series cars from their more family friendly models.

I'm sure AMG did a thorough market analysis and people with my idea what a performance car should be are in the minority.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Didn't Evo suggest a base price of 100,000 euro? That sounded similar to our base price. AS