CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

2 of 10 Mars Red CLK63 Black Series are for sale on AutoTrader.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Traffic53
okay, smart guy. i don't know why i bother defending the porsche 911. as if it's necessary. i'll address your vague, made-up statement that 'many of the 40,000 911 owners have jumped ship' and traded their cars for BS cars. i don't- and i know you don't- have the data to support any claims about the previous cars owned by current BS owners. your claim is anecdotal at best, but seeing as there are roughly 450 possible CLK and C BS owners...if ALL of them previously owned current 911's, then you could say that 1% of 997 owners jumped ship to the "better" BS cars. 1 percent.

$1000 profit on BS cars? are you for real, or just trolling the car sites trying to get a rise out of people? the suggestion that Mercedes Benz went through the north american certification process for the C BS in order to make $100,000 on the whole program is reckless interneting. and yes, they are overpriced.
Ever hear the term "Loss Leader" maybe you should brush up on your business and marketing knowledge. MB has come out and publically stated that they do not want to make money on the Black Series line of vehicles, they are rolling marketing tools marketed to grab the attention of hard core enthusiests and make the cover of Car & Driver and Motor Trend and you have already proved that in one of your earlier posts when you stated "why buy a C63 BS for $105k-$140K when you can buy a base C63 for around $65k?" Not everyone can afford or even qualify to purchase a new C63 Black Series but anyone can walk into their dealership this afternoon and plunk down some cash and drive home in a new C350, C550 or AMG C63....marketing mission accomplished.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Back from the club great day in SoCal. I do like the white line parking the BS gets. Valets like the BS and they all comment on "hey that's a great whip", it's not so.....common.

So I ask Wally the valet, do the porsches get special parking, I never see them up front?
"Oh yes Mr. Brady, we park them next to the practice range." Why do you do that? Well, Mr. Brady to tell you the truth the members that drive them don't tip. They think it's a privilege just to drive their car but mostly they're pretty cheap. Won't they get damaged by the errant shots from the practice range? Wally..."we hope so".
LMAO, great story. I don't too golf much but I have heard similar stories from vallet guys and a few of my favorite fine dining establisments, they regularly move a P car from up front to make room for my BS.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:30 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
i don't believe cost is irrelevant in the critique of a car. indeed, my analogy of art and opinions was a nice way of saying i don't think the ones talking here know what a good car is. you know what you like. but, in the end of this silly exchange, you will have concluded that i'm an idiot because i don't believe the C BS is a bargain, while never actually saying anything about the subject, and never actually supporting whatever the heck your point is. i'm commenting on machines, while you continue to comment on me. classic. make an argument, for god's sake. i have no bone to pick with any individuals here. get off your school-girl sensitivity train and have a discussion about cars.

i don't think the C63 BS is priced appropriately. that's all. go ahead and tell me why you think it's worth $120k. then discuss how that value holds up against the market- meaning other 2+2 coupes in the $120k range. this is the basis of my comments. if you're considering a C BS, you have to look at the 911 in comparison- unless your only in the market for the latest and greatest benz. i'm not interested in that scenario. i'm interested in a discussion about relative performance and value. you have a CLK BS...how's that working out for you? is it worth the $140k you paid for it? you still like it? is it useful everyday? can it be used all-seasons? how's it do in light snow? can you throw the kids in back? how do you like the trans? how does it behave on the track? how is it around town? is the ride soft or harsh? does the front bumper cover rub on the ground every time you enter the driveway? does it wake the neighbors? these are all things that are important to me, even as i consider cars of this price range. i know how the 911 turbo behaves in these instances, and i'm satisfied with it. now, maybe i'd like to try the CLK BS. maybe i'd like to try the C BS, but if the answers to all those questions result in no, no, no, bad, not really...then that's kind of a problem. the value of that car would go down. way down. the CLK and C BS cars are not exotic, they are not track-day, they are not show-pieces. they are daily drive coupes that need to work in a variety of scenarios. in my opinion, they don't do the things they CAN do well enough to totally blow off the things they can't do.

so, go ahead and spend 5 minutes discussing what you know- and feel free to explain why i'm the idiot for pitting like vehicles head-to-head. let's be clear that i've already heard the argument that mercedes didn't design the BS to be useful. tell me why either BS is 'totally awesome' and worth every penny.
Since you are very much focused on price/value, let me start with this: Every $100K plus car I've ever bought new (and I buy only new), I lost my a$$ in financial terms. They were purchased out of passion and emotions. Same goes for all the wheels, suspensions, exhaust systems, roll bars and whatever else I purchased. As soon as I write that check, I consider that money gone. For investments that yield financial gains, I look elsewhere.

As for the CLK, I still love it. No rear seats? It's not my only car. Snow? Live in SoCal by the beach. For skiing and my dog I have another car. Transmission? The city I live in has some of the worst traffic. The auto suits me just fine. For the same reason my 997.2 TT has a PDK, and my M6 has an SMG. Noise? It's got an exhaust that sounds like an explosion on start up. I own a house and my neighbors are used to me having loud cars. Hard to get in and out of driveways? Sure, I lowered it even more than stock. But it's not any worse than my 997. Harsh ride? Of course, made it even stiffer. How is it on a track? Pretty good, considering it's not a light weight. Great turn in, better than any Porsche I've ever owned, with a tendency to oversteer. Very predictable and easy to catch. Worth $140K? Yes, at least to me. It was between a GT3 RS and the CLK. Same price. Conclusion? Buy what makes YOU happy!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP
Since you are very much focused on price/value, let me start with this: Every $100K plus car I've ever bought new (and I buy only new), I lost my a$$ in financial terms. They were purchased out of passion and emotions. Same goes for all the wheels, suspensions, exhaust systems, roll bars and whatever else I purchased. As soon as I write that check, I consider that money gone. For investments that yield financial gains, I look elsewhere.

As for the CLK, I still love it. No rear seats? It's not my only car. Snow? Live in SoCal by the beach. For skiing and my dog I have another car. Transmission? The city I live in has some of the worst traffic. The auto suits me just fine. For the same reason my 997.2 TT has a PDK, and my M6 has an SMG. Noise? It's got an exhaust that sounds like an explosion on start up. I own a house and my neighbors are used to me having loud cars. Hard to get in and out of driveways? Sure, I lowered it even more than stock. But it's not any worse than my 997. Harsh ride? Of course, made it even stiffer. How is it on a track? Pretty good, considering it's not a light weight. Great turn in, better than any Porsche I've ever owned, with a tendency to oversteer. Very predictable and easy to catch. Worth $140K? Yes, at least to me. It was between a GT3 RS and the CLK. Same price. Conclusion? Buy what makes YOU happy!
SMP, don't even waste your breath or key strokes on this guy, he obviously has it all figured out LOL. Our first clue that he's clueless is that he actually worries about resale values of automobiles Guys crying over resale values of automobiles always ruffles my feathers, I can count on two hands the number of cars produced in the past 25 years that have held their value. If someone has to factor resale value into the equation they probably can't really afford the car in the first place, you always have to plan for a worst case scenerio. CLK BS values probably tanked a little more and earlier than most anticipated but keep in mind that they were released just before the economic meltdown and EVERYTHING took a hit.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
thank you for the gripping fairy tale of mr brady and the valet. wally.
did you know that valet's prefer the black series 6 to 1 over the 911? on a more interesting note, i've found a bunch of animated cartoon faces that sum up this meeting of the minds... and finally

my apologies to the OP for helping veer off-topic. i won't ask any more questions about the black series cars except to say this: for a lovefest-based car forum, the few contributors here don't seem to have much to say about their "whips". thought this would be a quality resource for actual real-world reviews that are more in-depth than: it's fun, and 'people dig it.'

again, no disrespect. carry about as normal. if they had a white flag cartoon, i'd click it.
i agree about your desire for a white flag......i desire you to have one too. The only thing you have shown us is that you are a giant waste of time.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by jrcart
Not everyone can afford or even qualify to purchase a new C63 Black Series
sorry man, i'm not sure what "qualify" in this context means.

Originally Posted by SMP

true there. i'm very much interested in the price/value aspect of any new-to-me vehicle purchase. didn't realize that so many others completely dismiss it. perhaps the general feeling is that the BS is and has been SO good, that it would have been worth the purchase at any price? is it? is the CLK BS worth the $300k or more they were getting for the CLK DTM? certainly performs in the same ballpark. the point being, i'm sure the price of a car matters on some level, no? i wouldn't think there would be many buyers at $300k, so maybe when we are determining where each of our own personal lines are in discussing worth, it's relevant to reference other sports car options. that way, we can get closer to communicating worth and value and numbers without having to either whip out ***** or checkbooks to see who's king.

thanks for the response, man. it's obviously been difficult to get anyone that has a BS to talk about it without behaving like i set their American Girl doll on fire. as you have a 911 and a BS, your input is valuable to me and i'm sure many others reading here that don't want to get involved in the embarrassing exchange this has become.
cheers.

SMP, don't even waste your breath or key strokes on this guy, he obviously has it all figured out LOL. Our first clue that he's clueless is that he actually worries about resale values of automobiles
by the way SMP, this fella would like you to unite with himself and whomever else to defeat and destroy the clueless internet man that seeks a comparative discussion about car types. just to be clear, i'm not worried about YOUR resale value, i'm interested in MY purchase price. i didn't buy a new CLK BS, i'm researching used sports cars. i thought that was clear. apologies.
go and "LOL" yourself, pal...and take that doctodd knob with you. speaking of doctodd...i respectfully apologized and you STILL want to have a go at me and how i'm wasting your time? jeez. everything okay at home, man? they have hotlines available. chill out.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sorry man, i'm not sure what "qualify" in this context means.
Again, you're showing how little you know about the new C63 BS. Do you not understand the definition of "qualify", MB is not just selling these new Black Series to just any schmuck off the street. If you want to order one new from the factory you better be "qualified" in one or more of the following departments, be an existing BS owner and purchased it new, have a long list of previously owned MB and/or AMG's, be a celebrity, high profile pro athlete or race car driver or know somebody that can pull some major strings....Don't believe me? Drive over to your local MB dealership or give them a call and inquire about ordering one, let me know what they tell you. They are importing 75 or so units to the U.S, they want to ensure they are getting into the right hands and not going to brokers who are going to flip them for a quick profit. This is the first vehicle I have ever ordered that requires that the dealership, regional, national and Affalterbach level approvals are needed.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Thanks everyone for this spirited conversation. Because I was interested in a 2011/2012 P 997 TT-S this was an excellent opportunity for me to ferret out the advantages and disadvantages of owning and driving one. FWIW this thread is consistent with earlier comparison threads that I've read. Upon reflection I'm satisfied that my BS is the better car if only for its uniqueness and limited numbers vs. the mass produced Porsche. So, I'm no longer actively looking for a P-car and have begun researching a 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Series which is 1/2 the price of the Porsche, out performs it, and seems to be greatly improved over the 2009-2011 cars.

Any GT-R owners want to chime in? Am I wrong?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by LOVEMYBS
Thanks everyone for this spirited conversation. Because I was interested in a 2011/2012 P 997 TT-S this was an excellent opportunity for me to ferret out the advantages and disadvantages of owning and driving one. FWIW this thread is consistent with earlier comparison threads that I've read. Upon reflection I'm satisfied that my BS is the better car if only for its uniqueness and limited numbers vs. the mass produced Porsche. So, I'm no longer actively looking for a P-car and have begun researching a 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Series which is 1/2 the price of the Porsche, out performs it, and seems to be greatly improved over the 2009-2011 cars.

Any GT-R owners want to chime in? Am I wrong?
I dont think a GTR BS series out performs a 997.2TT S with PDK... not from 0-60 or 0-100 or quartermile trap speeds. Of course this is all mag racing and on the track (non drag) the GTR will definitely shine. As much as I love the GTR Id rather have the Porsche even if it can be made to be much much faster.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:00 PM

Renntech E63S
Again, you're showing how little you know about the new C63 BS. Do you not understand the definition of "qualify", MB is not just selling these new Black Series to just any schmuck off the street. If you want to order one new from the factory you better be "qualified" in one or more of the following departments, be an existing BS owner and purchased it new, have a long list of previously owned MB and/or AMG's, be a celebrity, high profile pro athlete or race car driver or know somebody that can pull some major strings....Don't believe me? Drive over to your local MB dealership or give them a call and inquire about ordering one, let me know what they tell you.
i should first fairly qualify myself as absolutely a schmuck off the street. i've only ever purchased a used E55 from my dealer in westmont- and even so, my sales person called and asked if i wanted to order a C63 BS. there was no list and no priority system that i know of at either westmont or chicago (north ave). at both stores, i was the first inquiry into the car. and at chicago, ive bought exactly zero cars. so, i'm not sure if your story is market-specific, or if someone is feeding you a line about the demand for the new car. hell, maybe both stores are feeding ME a line, but i can't imagine how that benefits anyone. some sort of sneaky marketing, maybe?

this is why i was confused about "qualify" in that context.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by Vic55
997.2TT S with PDK...
vic- does your 997 have the PDK? have you ever driven a CLK BS- if so, do you have any general thoughts on how the turbo and the CLK compare to each other? maybe they are too different to bother comparing?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
vic- does your 997 have the PDK? have you ever driven a CLK BS- if so, do you have any general thoughts on how the turbo and the CLK compare to each other? maybe they are too different to bother comparing?
Yes I have a 2011 with PDK...and I have only driven a CLK BS back in 2007 when it first hit the dealerships so my perspective is faint if relative at all. I drove on the streets by the dealership and was allowed to open it up. It definitely felt strong but I wasnt able to truly test the car in a handling aspect.

SMP here can give you the best comparo since he owns both (and thanks for telling me you got the 997TT bro).

Id fathom to guess he will say the 997TT with the PDK crushes the BS in acceleration. Handling would be all his opinion as I dont have a factual one.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Yes I have a 2011 with PDK...and I have only driven a CLK BS back in 2007 when it first hit the dealerships so my perspective is faint if relative at all. I drove on the streets by the dealership and was allowed to open it up. It definitely felt strong but I wasnt able to truly test the car in a handling aspect.

SMP here can give you the best comparo since he owns both (and thanks for telling me you got the 997TT bro).

Id fathom to guess he will say the 997TT with the PDK crushes the BS in acceleration. Handling would be all his opinion as I dont have a factual one.
Hey, I got heat for posting that I'm getting the new F10 M5 ... this forum is not very open minded, unless it's an AMG ... with the exception of the CLK BS, which seems to be perceived substandard like an M car

By comparison, the 2 cars are completely different. From the engine layout, center of gravity, engine aspiration, transmission, weight distribution and how many wheels are driven. Very obvious when driven fast around corners or just getting on it from a dig. The Porsche claws into the asphalt and has so much traction that it lifts it's suspension on all 4 corners from a dig. The CLK doesn't squad, breaks lose even with the LSD and due to the suspension geometry, which tends to toe-out under hard acceleration, moves from side to side. The PDK is not only way more efficient, but also much quicker. The TT needs to be kept under boost, otherwise it doesn't hang on the throttle like the CLK. Feeding in power in corners is also much easier in the CLK, because power delivery is progressive, where the Porsche's is explosive. The CLK has better turn in than the TT. Some of it you can dial out in the TT, as all US cars ride 5/8 of an inch higher and have understeer maximum dialed in from the factory compared to their Euro siblings. Oh, the most IMPORTANT part: Even though the TT has "rear seats", they are good for, well, nothing ... I'm 6'1 ... not even little kids would want to sit behind me.

The TT is almost too good in what it does ... with very little effort from the driver. Driven at 8/10, it is pretty much idiot proof. It will bail you out, unless you outbreak yourself into a corner. Not as involving as the BS, not as exciting as the BS and doesn't make you feel alive like the BS ... but it will destroy a BS from a dig ... if that's your thing
Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Renntech E63S
SMP- obviously, true comparo to the BS should be a GT3 RS on paper, but i know the car well and for my daily purposes, it's too aggressive. this is why i'm curious about the turbo. my question is if you find the BS as useable as your turbo... i had a 993 that did double-duty on road and track. even lowered in track trim, it was fine on the street- great, in fact. slapped snow tires on it in the winter and it was past useable, right into impressive. can that BS slip into a phone booth and come out ready to handle sh**ty roads and cold temps come november?

Last edited by Traffic53; 12-27-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by SMP
this forum is not very open minded, unless it's an AMG ... with the exception of the CLK BS, which seems to be perceived substandard like an M car

By comparison, the 2 cars are completely different. From the engine layout, center of gravity, engine aspiration, transmission, weight distribution and how many wheels are driven. Very obvious when driven fast around corners or just getting on it from a dig. The Porsche claws into the asphalt and has so much traction that it lifts it's suspension on all 4 corners from a dig. The CLK doesn't squad, breaks lose even with the LSD and due to the suspension geometry, which tends to toe-out under hard acceleration, moves from side to side. The PDK is not only way more efficient, but also much quicker. The TT needs to be kept under boost, otherwise it doesn't hang on the throttle like the CLK. Feeding in power in corners is also much easier in the CLK, because power delivery is progressive, where the Porsche's is explosive. The CLK has better turn in than the TT. Some of it you can dial out in the TT, as all US cars ride 5/8 of an inch higher and have understeer maximum dialed in from the factory compared to their Euro siblings. Oh, the most IMPORTANT part: Even though the TT has "rear seats", they are good for, well, nothing ... I'm 6'1 ... not even little kids would want to sit behind me.

The TT is almost too good in what it does ... with very little effort from the driver. Driven at 8/10, it is pretty much idiot proof. It will bail you out, unless you outbreak yourself into a corner. Not as involving as the BS, not as exciting as the BS and doesn't make you feel alive like the BS ... but it will destroy a BS from a dig ... if that's your thing
not open minded? this forum? haven't noticed that one

excellent. thanks for spending a few minutes. that's the type of info that really helps the thought process.

cheers.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Interesting thread.

Brady comes out with tirade about Porsche engines not being rebuildable, then Traffic53 comes out with a few Qs and the poor guy gets bashed and then parking priority and golf clubs are actually mentioned... Thanks for a few of you who actually helped in the conversation.

Oh yeah, and LoveMyBS says the seats are too small in his BS and maybe he should buy a CL.

I think we lost our ways here. We should not be comparing the CLK BS to a regular 911 (a dime a dozen), or even a TT. Compare it to a GT3 or GT3 RS.

Are these cars worth their premium? It's all relative. Sure, you could get a C63 and beef it up with some better suspension, aero, etc. You still won't have a BS.

But if you are worried about depreciation, don't buy any modern AMG or any modern Porsche...
Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Interesting thread.

Brady comes out with tirade about Porsche engines not being rebuildable, then Traffic53 comes out with a few Qs and the poor guy gets bashed and then parking priority and golf clubs are actually mentioned... Thanks for a few of you who actually helped in the conversation.

Oh yeah, and LoveMyBS says the seats are too small in his BS and maybe he should buy a CL.

I think we lost our ways here. We should not be comparing the CLK BS to a regular 911 (a dime a dozen), or even a TT. Compare it to a GT3 or GT3 RS.

Are these cars worth their premium? It's all relative. Sure, you could get a C63 and beef it up with some better suspension, aero, etc. You still won't have a BS.

But if you are worried about depreciation, don't buy any modern AMG or any modern Porsche...
While I agree with your conclusions I can't agree with your summary of the thread. At no time until his latest post, has Traffic53 shown any genuine interest in purchasing a CLK BS or how the CLK BS compares to a 997 turbo. He initiated this discussion by making a statement that CLK BS's were way overpriced and new porsches were much better values. When some including me pointed out that none of these cars in the price range are "value" purchases he continued to challenge those on the board to show him why a BS was a better "value" than a 997 Turbo with an obvious intent to elicit a heated response. That is why he was bashed. Only now is he pretending to be interested in a real drive comparison to deflect any critisicism.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:00 PM

10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
FWIW I never said my BS seats were too small. In fact they are fine and reasonably comfortable. My reference to a CL65 was based upon driving my ML for several months and then driving my CLK63 cab which felt small by comparison. It's a matter of perspective and I had forgotten how small a C-series car is when compared to a larger car. And, the seats in the 07/08 CLK63 cab do not compare with the seats in my BS. Totally different cars.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 PM

Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by ET550
He initiated this discussion by making a statement that CLK BS's were way overpriced and new porsches were much better values. When some including me pointed out that none of these cars in the price range are "value" purchases he continued to challenge those on the board to show him why a BS was a better "value" than a 997 Turbo with an obvious intent to elicit a heated response. That is why he was bashed. Only now is he pretending to be interested in a real drive comparison to deflect any critisicism.
seriously fella, they're doing excellent things in medicine these days. really.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
We should not be comparing the CLK BS to a regular 911 (a dime a dozen), or even a TT. Compare it to a GT3 or GT3 RS.

on paper, yes, compare the BS and GT3. absolutely. but i'm not interested in buying a GT3 at this moment, so i asked to compare the turbo. that's the confusion.

i'm not sure anyone ever discussed depreciation- which keeps coming up. we were certainly including pricing in the discussion, but current pricing. we are obviously talking about used cars here, so i- for one, am not terribly concerned about what the MSRPs were on any of these. it's just data in this context.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
seriously fella, they're doing excellent things in medicine these days. really.
I tried not to travel down this road, but ... Speaking of medicine, let me administer yours. Not sure why you're so antagonistic, maybe it's just your personality or the fact you can't get rid of your station wagon. Personally, I think it's the latter. No takers even with the "new" lower price? How did you put it in one of your posts ... ah yes ... you're not worried in OUR resale value, but only concerned about YOUR buying price. Well, looks like you are concerned after all when the tables are turned ... acting like a little girl ... letting your frustration out on others. I'm telling you, karma is a b!tch
Old 12-28-2011, 11:02 AM

CLK63 BS, 997tt
I have a CLK BS and 2008 997tt 6sp. In terms of resale/value I think they are comparable. I bought the porsche in August of 2009 with 8k miles and paid about 14k more than I paid for the CLK BS which I bought 6 months ago with 3k miles. The porsche was a $149k sticker. SMP described the performance differences well. My porsche is chipped, coilovers, sachs clutch, exhaust, HRE's etc. so even a little more extreme than he describes. The BS power delivery is more linear and will handle with the porsche. Unfortunately my track days have been limited to motorcycles so I have no track comparisons I can share but on the street the CLK BS is the smoother ride, trans is good for LA traffic, less scraping on the front, has a trunk much bigger than the front trunk in the porsche and the back seats hold about the same cargo - people do not actually fit in the back of the porsche. Both cars are amazing but very different. As has been said, if interested, you must drive them.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by SMP
Speaking of medicine, let me administer yours.
Wow.

Originally Posted by mfncl63
on the street the CLK BS is the smoother ride, trans is good for LA traffic, less scraping on the front,
okay. good to know. i would have thought it was the other way. that's a huge plus. as i commented before, GT3 seems a bit edgy for daily commute usage, but learning that the BS is a bit better than even the turbo only makes it more interesting. thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i should first fairly qualify myself as absolutely a schmuck off the street. i've only ever purchased a used E55 from my dealer in westmont- and even so, my sales person called and asked if i wanted to order a C63 BS. there was no list and no priority system that i know of at either westmont or chicago (north ave). at both stores, i was the first inquiry into the car. and at chicago, ive bought exactly zero cars. so, i'm not sure if your story is market-specific, or if someone is feeding you a line about the demand for the new car. hell, maybe both stores are feeding ME a line, but i can't imagine how that benefits anyone. some sort of sneaky marketing, maybe?

this is why i was confused about "qualify" in that context.
well considering that I ordered mine from MB of Naperville and MB Naperville and MB Westmont have the same owner (autonation) and I got their only allocation I can promise you that you will not be buying a Black Series from any of their 3 local MB stores. They could have gotten a second allocattion due to their volume of previous BS, SLR and SLS sales but had no customers name to attach to it so the only requested one allocation and it was mine. As for somebody feeding me a line, yes it was the regional sales manager and the national sales manager for MBUSA that fed me all that info as well as several pages of paperwork I had to fill out just to request an allocation. You are arguing with people that know what they are talking about, just go buy you P car.....enjoy. Let me know if you ever take it to any Porsche club events at Autobahn or Road America, I would be happy to show you what a Black Series is all about on the track.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:21 PM

Renntech E63S
I would be happy to show you what a Black Series is all about on the track.
i appreciate that offer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2 of 10 Mars Red CLK63 Black Series are for sale on AutoTrader.