CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

2 of 10 Mars Red CLK63 Black Series are for sale on AutoTrader.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by mfncl63
I have a CLK BS and 2008 997tt 6sp. In terms of resale/value I think they are comparable. I bought the porsche in August of 2009 with 8k miles and paid about 14k more than I paid for the CLK BS which I bought 6 months ago with 3k miles. The porsche was a $149k sticker. SMP described the performance differences well. My porsche is chipped, coilovers, sachs clutch, exhaust, HRE's etc. so even a little more extreme than he describes. The BS power delivery is more linear and will handle with the porsche. Unfortunately my track days have been limited to motorcycles so I have no track comparisons I can share but on the street the CLK BS is the smoother ride, trans is good for LA traffic, less scraping on the front, has a trunk much bigger than the front trunk in the porsche and the back seats hold about the same cargo - people do not actually fit in the back of the porsche. Both cars are amazing but very different. As has been said, if interested, you must drive them.
Thank you, this is the comparison I was looking for! It reinforces my decision to discontinue my P-TT quest. I'm hanging on tight to my BS.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by Traffic53
i should first fairly qualify myself as absolutely a schmuck off the street. i've only ever purchased a used E55 from my dealer in westmont- and even so, my sales person called and asked if i wanted to order a C63 BS. there was no list and no priority system that i know of at either westmont or chicago (north ave). at both stores, i was the first inquiry into the car. and at chicago, ive bought exactly zero cars.
Here in Canada, every dealer, including non AMG Performance Centers (who won't actually get an allocation) are taking in deposits even though every car has been spoken for. They're telling customers they'll try to get them one.

Financial situations change, and some ppl confirmed might drop out which will bump a few people up. Worst case scenario, you'll get your deposit back. Sales people won't tell you that, they'll be more than happy borrowing $5k interest free off you for a few months.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk63 amg black series
I'm new on here, I went up to the new york auto show last week, saw the red clk63 black for sale in new jersey (the one mentioned at the top of this thread)
car had 23700 miles on it. The second I saw the car in person.. I had to have it!! I paid $74,300 and had the car inspected by local mercedes dealer, car needs front pad and rear tires. I took the blue ridge parkway down to Ashville nc, best drive of my life!! I've only had the car 6 days and Ive had countless people acknowlede the car..thumbs up, roll down your window, honking horns(in a good way) getting out of the car, filling it up at gas stations..etc. Its crazy! I look forward to this great site and source of information & comaraderie.(side note: after buying the car, I had no interest in going to the show, so I hit the road)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Originally Posted by LOVEMYBS
Thank you, this is the comparison I was looking for! It reinforces my decision to discontinue my P-TT quest. I'm hanging on tight to my BS.
Looks like someone had a change of heart
Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 Turbo
The Porsche GT1 block motors (up to 2009 turbos and all GT2/3 models) are nearly indestructible and don't exhibit the RMS failures of the normal models. You can very easily tune them to 7-800 HP and expect 100K miles out of the engine easy. They are THAT overbuilt! The RMS issue is way overblown anyways, Porsche makes the very best sports cars in the world. period.

That said, car enthusiasts need variety. Hence my current attraction to the R8 V10 and CLK BS.. Every "special" car has something to offer. The R8 V10 has an 8800 RPM redline!!

Nothing is as rewarding as a 911 to master at the track. They drive like no other car in the world and are fantastic at putting ridiculous amounts amounts of power coming out of turns.

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Your argument is a moving target why don't you go over to Rennlist and have another sip of kool aid. Just know the 45year old design is OLD. The macphearson struts are OLD, the motor hanging behind the rear wheels is OLD, the motor is uncompetetive in racing, and when you lift in corners you'll know that the *** end hits the wall first. Know why the PCCB are crap on the track... the nanny electronics are trying to save your *** from the bad design. Have they figured out the RMS leak that's plaged their line up for 10 years.
Ya, they run a hero lap a the Nordschleif wth their best talent so what. You will not break 8 minutes so it doesn't matter.

News, the average club racer will be faster in a BS than a 911 guaranteed. I raced porsche for 20 years that's on a track not a key board. It's sooo much easier to drive a BS than a 911 at speed. But I do conceed to you 30 mpg is a good thing. That's what I get in my ML 350 diesel that weighs 5000 lbs!

AMG covers the BS's that are tracked, will Porsche.....the answer is no.
So in your quest to compare look deeper than the magazine times and you'll see why it cost more for a track day vehicle.

onder.

Last edited by ari1856; 04-18-2012 at 01:59 AM.