CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Check out this black (interior + rear seats)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Thumbs up Check out this black (interior + rear seats)

Damn, there are some sweet options in this one

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.as...kw4elz&asrc=fa
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
The rear seats are very well done but the entry/egress will be an issue unless you're carting around contortionists. It's a pain in the *** for me just getting back there to clean the rear glass. Someone else brought up the issue of safety and possible issues caused by the additional weight in a different thread.

Still pretty cool.

I love your C btw.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
Originally Posted by clkwork
The rear seats are very well done but the entry/egress will be an issue unless you're carting around contortionists. It's a pain in the *** for me just getting back there to clean the rear glass. Someone else brought up the issue of safety and possible issues caused by the additional weight in a different thread.

Still pretty cool.

I love your C btw.
No its a proper conversion , the front seats fold completely ( same model Recaros as used by Kicherer , in fact I think its an early Kicherer job ) so no contortions needed . Also no safety issues with the German conversions as they have full TUV approval , very different to some of the home made jobs .
here :
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
This so much better than those half assed jobs where people drop a rear set in and say it is fine...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by WTDoom
No its a proper conversion , the front seats fold completely ( same model Recaros as used by Kicherer , in fact I think its an early Kicherer job ) so no contortions needed . Also no safety issues with the German conversions as they have full TUV approval , very different to some of the home made jobs .
here :
With this kind of customer servicehttps://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...rer-fraud.html

it makes you wonder how the TUV rating was obtained by them. Everyone can be bought at certain price, and their code of ethics doesn't seem so great. It would be different for most any other legitimate tuner, but hard to take anything kicherer stated @ face value.

Last edited by wonsuk_utmb; 02-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by wonsuk_utmb
With this kind of customer servicehttps://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...rer-fraud.html

it makes you wonder how the TUV rating was obtained by them. Everyone can be bought at certain price, and their code of ethics doesn't seem so great. It would be different for most any other legitimate tuner.
you cant but tuv approval , thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard , sorry if thats not what you meant .
im not condoning kicherers actions , im merely pointing out to interested parties about the seat conversion ( which i personally think is pointless anyway btw ).
However , going bust and treating customers like poo is no indication of technical know how just bad business management , poor ethics , bad customer relations mixed with the current financial climate .
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Thos seats can be bought from Kicherer for around US$6k. I looked at buying them but found a local Recaro supplier who sell exact same seat for a cheaper price without Kicherer mark up
Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
you cant but tuv approval , thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard , sorry if thats not what you meant .
im not condoning kicherers actions , im merely pointing out to interested parties about the seat conversion ( which i personally think is pointless anyway btw ).
However , going bust and treating customers like poo is no indication of technical know how just bad business management , poor ethics , bad customer relations mixed with the current financial climate .
Ok, but there is still a chance that Kicherer was stating that the setup was TUV approved when it was not.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Wow, I had no idea. Those seats are bad ***!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Ok, but there is still a chance that Kicherer was stating that the setup was TUV approved when it was not.
i doubt it and here is why? When i modified my c55 to have a 5.8engine instead, the tuv guy came and checked my car and he was a guy not working for vath. My point being that the tuv is an external company, you just have to get an appoitement. So as long as kicherer did quality mods i am pretty sure they got it tuv approved. Before they went bankrupt i think it was a serious company...
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
Damn, there are some sweet options in this one

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.as...kw4elz&asrc=fa
does it have a pano roof?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
does it have a pano roof?
Looks to me like a carbon or wrapped roof.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM

I believe thats a very serious offence , unlikely but possible I suppose
Old 02-04-2012, 03:40 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
I believe thats a very serious offence , unlikely but possible I suppose
I'd say it's highly likely. I'd be be saying differently if Florian had refunded the money instead of stringing the poor guy along. Companies that behave in this manner and steal with bankruptcy or not can never at any point of their existence be held up in the same regard as companies that behave with integrity. PERIOD!!! You'd be a fool to believe otherwise.

Last edited by wonsuk_utmb; 02-04-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM

I'd say it's highly likely. I'd be be saying differently if Florian had refunded the money instead of stringing the poor guy along. Companies that behave in this manner and steal with bankruptcy or not can never at any point of their existence be held up in the same regard as companies that behave with integrity. PERIOD!!! You'd be a fool to believe otherwise.
I dont want to get into an argument with you but knowing a little about TUV and the amount of years they were in business with TUV approval ( something all modifications like this must have BY LAW ) and knowing German bureaucracy plus the extreme competition between tuners , I do not agree with you .
FYI , I have never believed or insinuated that " Companies that behave in this manner and steal with bankruptcy or not can never at any point of their existence be held up in the same regard as companies that behave with integrity. " and your last sentence came across almost as a veiled insult . If this is the case I am unimpressed .

Last edited by WTDoom; 02-04-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
I dont want to get into an argument with you but knowing a little about TUV and the amount of years they were in business with TUV approval ( something all modifications like this must have BY LAW ) and knowing German bureaucracy plus the extreme competition between tuners , I do not agree with you .
FYI , I have never believed or insinuated that " Companies that behave in this manner and steal with bankruptcy or not can never at any point of their existence be held up in the same regard as companies that behave with integrity. " and your last sentence came across almost as a veiled insult . If this is the case I am unimpressed .
Not trying to be insulting at all. Just a general statement and if it seemed to be directed at you, I apologize. I am also pointing most of my disdain @ Kicherer because at some point I could have been a fool that purchased from them. In fact I had inquired about this rear sear setup.

One other point, I think you are holding TUV up as this sacred institution, but when we live in a world where catholic clergy and educators molest children and cover it up, you may be regarding them too highly IMO. Corruption exists in all bureaucracies.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 AM

Not trying to be insulting at all. Just a general statement and if it seemed to be directed at you, I apologize. I am also pointing most of my disdain @ Kicherer because at some point I could have been a fool that purchased from them. In fact I had inquired about this rear sear setup.

One other point, I think you are holding TUV up as this sacred institution, but when we live in a world where catholic clergy and educators molest children and cover it up, you may be regarding them too highly IMO. Corruption exists in all bureaucracies.
do yourself a favour spend 20- mins on the internet find out actually what tuv is, before you continue . Then you will see how preposterous the idea of a small company bribing TUV is .
tbh you are so out there I think it may be impossible for me to continue this discussion without you thinking I am making fun of you . So as now we have tuv being compared to child molesters in the catholic church ( ????? ) ,
im leaving this thread to you mate please carry on because I give up
Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series

No, he's not ... he just know's what he's talking about.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 AM

911 Turbo
As a father of 3 this conversion has always been a great option in a pinch to own a 63BS. As long as it's using CLK rear seats, CLK seat belts with CLK hardware it's safe enough for me and my kids.

Same as putting in Carrera/turbo rear seats and belts in a GT2/Gt3... It's been certified and crash tested around the world.

I don't care for esthetics, so if it fits it's fine with me, the car can always be returned to it's 2 seat roots....

Aren't standard CLK seats, belts, hardware a total bolt in?

Subscribed..
Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
I would think that you would have to remove the midpoint transverse chassis reinforcement and relocate the battery in order to fit standard seats.