CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Finally bought a Black Series!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 Black Series
Got it, I thought there was a M button like on my M5, was wondering how much more insane the car was going to be!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Nothing like a CLK Black burnout!!! I am glad that this sealed the deal for you to get the CLK Black!! Jerry, this car is amazing in so many ways. It kind reminds me all the comments that I've read about your business (understated and overdelivering). In fact, this is one of the reasons I decided to look into having you doing all the work (i.e. ECU remaps, and etc.) on my car. I found it interesting that so many people on the internet described your work ethic as someone who always understates...and in the end overdelivers. I think this is a great quality!! I think we all are sick and tired with tuners promising huge gains...and in the end can't deliver as half as much as promised. I have no personal gain to advertise and promote your business in this forum, as I don't know you (other than having the pleasure meeting you during that Miami-Tune day event). I hope CLK Black owners or any other Mercedes car owners who are interested to do any upgrades on their car read this note, so you can get their business cause you are definately well worth it!! You are a humble and honest person and interested to educate car owners about what you can and can't do, as opposed to other tune shop owners who are interested in just getting peoples money. You are a good man, and you have certainly earned my business. Same thing about the CLK Black...understated...and certainly overdelivers!!!! Now, I am looking very forward and will be keeping a very close eye to all of your car upgrades/updates on this forum about your CLK Black, as I want these to be done on mine as well. Hopefully I get a good discount for being the one to seal the deal for you getting the CLK Black. Btw, my best friend who came along with me during the Miami-Tune event, who also wanted an ECU upgrade for his SUV, mentioned kiddingly that the Rage Tech shop owner may have been pissed off at me after that darn burnout and all that smoke the CLK Black raised which ended up straight at the shop. I hope the owner has no bad feeling about that burnout. I didn't mean to make everyone over these suffer by smelling that damn smoke coming off of the CLK Black tires... Yes...indeed...that was a very long burnout...
Pouring it on a little thick for someone you have no personal experience with, don't you think? Sounds like you are now trying to blow smoke up somewhere besides the Rage Tune shop.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 PM

CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Nothing like a CLK Black burnout!!! I am glad that this sealed the deal for you to get the CLK Black!! Jerry, this car is amazing in so many ways. It kind reminds me all the comments that I've read about your business (understated and overdelivering). In fact, this is one of the reasons I decided to look into having you doing all the work (i.e. ECU remaps, and etc.) on my car. I found it interesting that so many people on the internet described your work ethic as someone who always understates...and in the end overdelivers. I think this is a great quality!! I think we all are sick and tired with tuners promising huge gains...and in the end can't deliver as half as much as promised. I have no personal gain to advertise and promote your business in this forum, as I don't know you (other than having the pleasure meeting you during that Miami-Tune day event). I hope CLK Black owners or any other Mercedes car owners who are interested to do any upgrades on their car read this note, so you can get their business cause you are definately well worth it!! You are a humble and honest person and interested to educate car owners about what you can and can't do, as opposed to other tune shop owners who are interested in just getting peoples money. You are a good man, and you have certainly earned my business. Same thing about the CLK Black...understated...and certainly overdelivers!!!! Now, I am looking very forward and will be keeping a very close eye to all of your car upgrades/updates on this forum about your CLK Black, as I want these to be done on mine as well. Hopefully I get a good discount for being the one to seal the deal for you getting the CLK Black. Btw, my best friend who came along with me during the Miami-Tune event, who also wanted an ECU upgrade for his SUV, mentioned kiddingly that the Rage Tech shop owner may have been pissed off at me after that darn burnout and all that smoke the CLK Black raised which ended up straight at the shop. I hope the owner has no bad feeling about that burnout. I didn't mean to make everyone over these suffer by smelling that damn smoke coming off of the CLK Black tires... Yes...indeed...that was a very long burnout...
I heard you did a burnout..
Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 AM

2005 E55; 2006 750i
Talking Silver Series

Jerry's new Black series is nice and he installed black tile in the entry to his new shop to match. I got to see both earlier this week when he was tuning my more common "Silver Series" E55.

Him and Adam are great to work with and at the Houston location. I will post dyno chart later or Jerry can post if he wants to.

My biggest complaint is that I needed a loaner car to get to work and he stuck me with his wife's SUV instead of offering the Black Series. Damn.

I don't have a stock baseline on the 2005 "Silver Series" but here is a summary of what I have all from Jerry's dyno dynamics. Car has 58k miles and runs were one month apart:

1st run
180mm pulley kit EC
Heat Exchanger and IC pump EC
Tune by Jerry
436hp, 540tq

2nd run
replaced stock resonator and mufflers with a bubba-back setup from Ripley's in Houston.. X-pipe and 14" magnaflow bullets. Yes it drones a bit.
82mm TB kit EC
injectors EC
cooler plugs - bosch
Tune by Jerry
466hp, 610tq peak
at 3000 rpm tq increase is 68 and hp 38

Bottom line is nice gains across 4000rpm range. Very happy with results. Thanks Jerry and crew.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
OK. Now I have new car envy--very sweet. I think in about 2 years, they'll drop enough for me to afford one!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by MindBend
OK. Now I have new car envy--very sweet. I think in about 2 years, they'll drop enough for me to afford one!
Doubtful you'll get much more price drop then you have seen.
If you follow sales, the pricing seems to have stabilized and is moving up.

It's a very special limited production vehicle which by it's nature reaches a bottom, and in this case in a horrid economy and will fetch more dollars as the economy improves
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ET550
Pouring it on a little thick for someone you have no personal experience with, don't you think? Sounds like you are now trying to blow smoke up somewhere besides the Rage Tune shop.
LMAO!! No harm in praising good work ethic...it pays off. Hopefully, when Jerry tunes up my CLK Black, he will remember the small token of appreciation (note about his business) and will take extra care of my CLK Black. Plus...who knows...he may throw an extra discount! I can't blame you though...I understand your scepticism about the objectivity of my note...I may have been as sceptical as well. Honestly though...I don't know Jerry.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by fatmike
I heard you did a burnout..
LMAO!! It was the longest burn out I've done. Lasted about 10 seconds... I left half of my rear tire thread at the entrance of Rage Tech.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Congrats Jerry. One of the best looking cars ever made. IMHO.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by loungn14
yes sir, numbers are correct with great gains on the curve. M mode or manual shift...
Congrats on the purchase Jerry. You must have a factory freak if it's making 432 baseline stock . Most are in the 410-418 hp department. Keep us posted, I'm sure it's going to be a monster when you guys are done with it.