CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Finally bought a Black Series!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Finally bought a Black Series!

I wanted to let the community know that I finally purchased a BS. I have been looking for some time and found one with less than 7000 miles.

I couldn't be happier!

I've already tuned the car (duh).

Next on my list is throttle blipping and faster shifting. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I can't believe the car was sold without it!

As many of you may already know, I have done TCU conversions for many other AMG's. We have the tools and resources to tackle this project!

I'll share my Dyno Graph very soon (24whp+ gains)!

Keep an eye out for ECU tuning specials!

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
Congrats Jerry Curl!

EC FTW! Just wanted to put that out there. =P

Damn so now we all can't make fun of your @ss anymore and bust your ***** about the M5. LOL.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 Black Series
Congrats Jerry, we have the same garage now. I have the Indy Red M5 that you tuned and a BS as well. Post some pics. Can you actually do the throttle blip from TCU tune? I think most BS owners would be interested. member WTDoom did something with his in Germanynand we are all waiting on video!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 PM

CLK63 Black Series
I'd be interested in that throttle blip mod as well. How do you think you can make it work and will it require any hardware changes ? ETA ? Thanks !! Oh yeah, congrats on the the BS!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by Pistolero
Congrats Jerry, we have the same garage now. I have the Indy Red M5 that you tuned and a BS as well. Post some pics. Can you actually do the throttle blip from TCU tune? I think most BS owners would be interested. member WTDoom did something with his in Germanynand we are all waiting on video!!
Thanks bud!

I'll get the pics up ASAP! Was going to wrap the car and take pics afterwards, but I changed my mind. :-)

Maybe you could come by for a free test drive of the ECU software with faster paddle shifting and other goodies. I can flash the 63 via OBDII now, so no need to pull the ECU. I'll be happy to donate the ECU tune for an honest review of my recent work!

The TCU will be a bit tricky. I have started the base work for the tune and started comparing part numbers from another AMG. Once that is done, I will pull my TCU and start the process.

I don't want to share too much information, but rest assured I will do everything I can to complete the project in a timely manner.

Are there any other things that we should address while I'm writing the software?

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:31 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
Thanks bud!

I'll get the pics up ASAP! Was going to wrap the car and take pics afterwards, but I changed my mind. :-)

Maybe you could come by for a free test drive of the ECU software with faster paddle shifting and other goodies. I can flash the 63 via OBDII now, so no need to pull the ECU. I'll be happy to donate the ECU tune for an honest review of my recent work!

The TCU will be a bit tricky. I have started the base work for the tune and started comparing part numbers from another AMG. Once that is done, I will pull my TCU and start the process.

I don't want to share too much information, but rest assured I will do everything I can to complete the project in a timely manner.

Are there any other things that we should address while I'm writing the software?

Thanks!
I will be very interested to hear how you progress with this throttle blip mod. It's my understanding that most of the programming for the rev matched downshifts are in the ECU itself and are controlled by the engine management software. I could be wrong but that is what I was told by a MB master tech I met on the east coast not too long ago.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats!

Trending Topics

Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
love to see you are part of the w209 world
Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 AM

W209 55
Congrats!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Nice! Looking forward to all your updates!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes and more
Nice, every time we get one through the shop I have to pause and drool for a moment! Such a nice vehicle all around.

Congrats!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Congrats and I can't wait to see pics.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Congrats!

Throttle blip would be an amazing mod. Best of luck to you and your team in figuring that out.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:12 PM

2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
Congratulations Jerry.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 PM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
Congratulations on a fantastic purchase .
FYI throttle blipping and faster shifting has been done
Click:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...waiting-7.html

Last edited by WTDoom; 05-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Here are some cell phone pics of the car and my dyno graph from last night.

This is the new V4 tune with faster shifting in "M" mode. The throttle is also much more responsive.
Attached Thumbnails Finally bought a Black Series!-2-custom-.jpg   Finally bought a Black Series!-3-custom-.jpg   Finally bought a Black Series!-4-custom-.jpg   Finally bought a Black Series!-black_series-custom-.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Dyno Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpzGm...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-11-2012, 12:05 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Amen!!! It was about time that someone who owns a Tune shop bought the CLK Black!!! Hi Jerry...Anestis here from Miami. We met during your Miami Tune day at the Rage Tech about couple months ago. Congrats on the CLK Black!! I am soooo excited you bought a CLK Black too... Maaannnn....now, I am looking soooooo forward to do all my upgrades through you... (ECU, Long Tube Tri-Y, etc.). I am looking forward to you guys...working on making those Long Tubes for the CLK black and getting a Group Buy for the CLK Black...similar to the E55 Long Tube Group Buy for $1,500!! Count me in!! Long tubes, ECU...and everything else that gets more power to that beast!!!

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-11-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Here are some cell phone pics of the car and my dyno graph from last night.

This is the new V4 tune with faster shifting in "M" mode. The throttle is also much more responsive.
Nice pics!! A Black Beauty!!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Amen!!! It was about time that someone who owns a Tune shop bought the CLK Black!!! Hi Jerry...Anestis here from Miami. We met during your Miami Tune day at the Rage Tech about couple months ago. Congrats on the CLK Black!! I am soooo excited you bought a CLK Black too... Maaannnn....now, I am looking soooooo forward to do all my upgrades through you... (ECU, Long Tube Tri-Y, etc.). I am looking forward to you guys...working on making those Long Tubes for the CLK black and getting a Group Buy for the CLK Black...similar to the E55 Long Tube Group Buy for $1,500!! Count me in!! Long tubes, ECU...and everything else that gets more power to that beast!!!
You know, it was your car that sealed the deal for me!!

That nice long burnout in the parking lot got me drooling!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Congrats on the purchase. Look forward to seeing what you do with the clk.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
You know, it was your car that sealed the deal for me!!

That nice long burnout in the parking lot got me drooling!
Nothing like a CLK Black burnout!!! I am glad that this sealed the deal for you to get the CLK Black!! Jerry, this car is amazing in so many ways. It kind reminds me all the comments that I've read about your business (understated and overdelivering). In fact, this is one of the reasons I decided to look into having you doing all the work (i.e. ECU remaps, and etc.) on my car. I found it interesting that so many people on the internet described your work ethic as someone who always understates...and in the end overdelivers. I think this is a great quality!! I think we all are sick and tired with tuners promising huge gains...and in the end can't deliver as half as much as promised. I have no personal gain to advertise and promote your business in this forum, as I don't know you (other than having the pleasure meeting you during that Miami-Tune day event). I hope CLK Black owners or any other Mercedes car owners who are interested to do any upgrades on their car read this note, so you can get their business cause you are definately well worth it!! You are a humble and honest person and interested to educate car owners about what you can and can't do, as opposed to other tune shop owners who are interested in just getting peoples money. You are a good man, and you have certainly earned my business. Same thing about the CLK Black...understated...and certainly overdelivers!!!! Now, I am looking very forward and will be keeping a very close eye to all of your car upgrades/updates on this forum about your CLK Black, as I want these to be done on mine as well. Hopefully I get a good discount for being the one to seal the deal for you getting the CLK Black. Btw, my best friend who came along with me during the Miami-Tune event, who also wanted an ECU upgrade for his SUV, mentioned kiddingly that the Rage Tech shop owner may have been pissed off at me after that darn burnout and all that smoke the CLK Black raised which ended up straight at the shop. I hope the owner has no bad feeling about that burnout. I didn't mean to make everyone over these suffer by smelling that damn smoke coming off of the CLK Black tires... Yes...indeed...that was a very long burnout...

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-14-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:28 PM

CLK 63 Black Series
Jerry, is that 432 rwhp baseline and 462 with the tune? That car is running strong. What's the expected driveline loss? Also what is the M button you are referring to, I don't have a button on mine, or have I not discovered it yet?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Jerry, is that 432 rwhp baseline and 462 with the tune? That car is running strong. What's the expected driveline loss? Also what is the M button you are referring to, I don't have a button on mine, or have I not discovered it yet?
yes sir, numbers are correct with great gains on the curve. M mode or manual shift...
Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM

CLK63 Black Series
The small button next to the gearshifter cycles the transmission through Manual, Sport and Comfort modes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a Black Series!