CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell
the board has been slow lately...
I noticed!! At first...I thought I had posted my thread accidentaly at a Ferrari forum.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I have a 1,000 HP Black Series if you prefer....your choice.
Same goes with that one. What's the point.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Ouch!! ...so I would assume you are the sensible brain with the unlimited perspective!!! Great!!!! Amen mate!!! We can all learn from a sensible unlimited perspective like yours!!! What exactly did you say? When exactly was the last time you looked into understanding how torque comparisons work? Thank you!! You get the point. You seem to insist in horsepower and weight. There are more things into cars, asides horsepower and weight. Torque is one of them. I think I am very close to saying what Ecambell used on me... "I give up...you win...as you don't understand about torque and I am just too lazy to educate you".
Now you are putting words into my mouth. I never claimed to have "unlimited" anything. Like Ecampbell, I'd rather not waste my time trying to educate you. But since you bring up torque comparisons...maybe you should look into torque and the hp figures derived from it as well as weight and gearing. Because from your "limited perspective" you could outrun an F1 car since it has less torque than your BS.
I'm just gonna say this one more time and then I'll let it go...the BS is a great car and I'm glad you are enjoying it. I own one as well. But you really need to do a bit more research before you make such uninformed statements.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 PM

CLK63BS
the board has been slow lately...
Yeah, though (sadly) this thread seems kinda' like it has the makings of a Darwin Award

Last edited by yarf; 05-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Originally Posted by yarf
Yeah, though (sadly) this thread seems kinda' like it has the makings of a Darwin Award
Strange...that is what I was thinking.

Ti wheel nuts before an ECU Tune or Headers...IMO wrong priorities...but what do I know. I guess if we all thought the same life would be dull.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM

CLK63 Black Series

Ti wheel nuts before an ECU Tune or Headers...IMO wrong priorities...but what do I know. I guess if we all thought the same life would be dull.
Dont forget that huge diffuser
Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Now you are putting words into my mouth. I never claimed to have "unlimited" anything. Like Ecampbell, I'd rather not waste my time trying to educate you. But since you bring up torque comparisons...maybe you should look into torque and the hp figures derived from it as well as weight and gearing. Because from your "limited perspective" you could outrun an F1 car since it has less torque than your BS.
I'm just gonna say this one more time and then I'll let it go...the BS is a great car and I'm glad you are enjoying it. I own one as well. But you really need to do a bit more research before you make such uninformed statements.
LMAO!! Educating me... Yes of course....I seem to forget that you have done your extensive research in torque and have looked up the torque figures of both cars...and of course you have made a conclusion based on your extended experience with F430s and CLK Black Series... So, please allow me to be kind enough and list the figures for the fourth time since you have not looked at them the first three times I listed them... (take a look at the F430 engine specs under the "Engine" section. And then look at the CLK Black torque specs. If after that...you still insist that my statements were not informed...then great...I give up...cause if this is not going to convience you, then nothing else will. Sometimes people make up their minds regardless what the data indicates...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F430

http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Merc.../CLK_C209.html
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series

Unsprung weight...does that ring bell? If not...let me give you a hint. I trimmed off 10 pounds in all four corners by going with the HREs (which are 1" wider infront, and 1.5" in rear). So, basically...getting a double benefit...increased traction and better reduction of unsprung weight, which will not only help in acceparating, but rather also in braking...that's more than a double benefit. I wouldn't call that wrong priorities if I were you. But hey, what do I and the rest of the people talking about unsprung weight know? Did I notice any difference with these rims...you bet I did...particularly in traction and also braking...cause not only lighter...but also more rubber on the road to assist with braking as well. It's funny how people talk just to talk but really if you start analyzing things you realize how people really don't know as much as they do. LMAO!!!! Oh well...what do I know 60-0 in less than 95 feet...which is 11 down from 106 from OEM!! I guess your priority would be to increase only one element (performance)...yet forget about another important one (ability to slow down fast enough). But hey...what do I know about unsprung weight?
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
LMAO!! Educating me... Yes of course....I seem to forget that you have done your extensive research in torque and have looked up the torque figures of both cars...and of course you have made a conclusion based on your extended experience with F430s and CLK Black Series... So, please allow me to be kind enough and list the figures for the fourth time since you have not looked at them the first three times I listed them... (take a look at the F430 engine specs under the "Engine" section. And then look at the CLK Black torque specs. If after that...you still insist that my statements were not informed...then great...I give up...cause if this is not going to convience you, then nothing else will. Sometimes people make up their minds regardless what the data indicates...

Hmmm....bench racing...hmmmmm
Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I don't care for all the edumucation that's going on but I am in for more pics. Car looks great!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Dont forget that huge diffuser
What do I know about reducing turbulance and minimizing drag behind the car, as opposed to the OEM carbon fiber which was there just for cosmetic purposes? LMAO. It's amazing how everybody know about everything and all extensive research from F1 teams to all other racing teams go out the window in this forum. Talking about priorities... LMAO!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
What do I know about reducing turbulance and minimizing drag behind the car, as opposed to the OEM carbon fiber which was there just for cosmetic purposes? LMAO. It's amazing how everybody know about everything and all extensive research from F1 teams to all other racing teams go out the window in this forum. Talking about priorities... LMAO!!
Easy tiger.

Many pro drivers either own or have owned these cars. Interesting that none of them have gone your route but rather the routs most of us have gone (tuning, headers, etc first).perhaps you could consult to them and share some of your vast knowledge.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:52 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I don't care for all the edumucation that's going on but I am in for more pics. Car looks great!
I hear you. I am with you on that one. Takes too much time to try to convience people about something that is too obvious. Kind like reiterating the obvious. The numbers are there...yet a lot of scepticism. More pics should follow in a few days...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Easy tiger.

Many pro drivers either own or have owned these cars. Interesting that none of them have gone your route but rather the routs most of us have gone (tuning, headers, etc first).perhaps you could consult to them and share some of your vast knowledge.
Tony Kanaan and Graham Rahal...just to name a few...have gone exactly just that route. They certainly have done more than just lighter rims (i.e. Supercharger, etc), which I do plan to do in the near future as well. If you look at their CLK Black wheels...you will be surpirsed... Performance is not just accelarating...is also braking as well. Asides performance...handling is equally important as well...and that's where unsprung weight matters mostly. In any case...one's priorities not necessarily someone else's as well. In either case, unsprung weight is nothing to sneeze at, as it makes a substantial difference in the way a car handles. So, suggesting that going with rims that have titanium bolts (I am not referring at the 5 wheel lugs, but rather the bolts around the wheel center...these are 3-piece rims) is a wrong priority is not a correct statement. You have your opinion...and something tells me...I won't be able to convience you otherwise...but hey...the way I see it...a nice light-weight set of rims...makes the car look cool as well (asides all the very important benefits I mentioned above).
Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
808 view hits in about 8 hours. Wao!!! Amazing!!! I had no idea a 4 year old car (CLK Black) gets that much attention in this forum...particularly if used side by side with words such as Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo. LMAO!!! Btw, did I mention that I smoked both of them?

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-14-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:11 PM

CLK63 Black Series

You should have given up a long time ago. You can use any link you want stating torque specs etc. The only specs that matter are PERFORMANCE. So here ya go:

F430
0-60 3.5sec
1/4 mile 11.7 @123mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ertrain-page-2

CLK BS
0-60 4.0
1/4 mile 12.6 @115mph

http://www.insideline.com/mercedes-b...ck-series.html

The F430 is a full second faster in the 1/4 mile and almost 10mph faster. Your obsession with torque means ZERO when racing. Unless of course you got the jump or the other guy wasn't trying/couldn't drive...I'd go with the latter. Either way, all you continue to do here is show your ignorance so keep at it if you wish.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Unsprung weight...does that ring bell? If not...let me give you a hint. I trimmed off 10 pounds in all four corners by going with the HREs (which are 1" wider infront, and 1.5" in rear). So, basically...getting a double benefit...increased traction and better reduction of unsprung weight, which will not only help in acceparating, but rather also in braking...that's more than a double benefit. I wouldn't call that wrong priorities if I were you. But hey, what do I and the rest of the people talking about unsprung weight know? Did I notice any difference with these rims...you bet I did...particularly in traction and also braking...cause not only lighter...but also more rubber on the road to assist with braking as well. It's funny how people talk just to talk but really if you start analyzing things you realize how people really don't know as much as they do. LMAO!!!! Oh well...what do I know 60-0 in less than 95 feet...which is 11 down from 106 from OEM!! I guess your priority would be to increase only one element (performance)...yet forget about another important one (ability to slow down fast enough). But hey...what do I know about unsprung weight?
No one ever questioned lighter wheels...it was the TI lug bolts that were mentioned. And how do you know your stopping distance is 95...11ft better than OEM ? You measured it ? Really ??? Video or any other proof ??
Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Who makes your diffuser and in which wind tunnel was it tested to reduce turbulence and minimize drag ?? LOL - if you knew anything that diffuser of yours that you already said didn't fit right should be creating downforce lol.

You are making lots of big claims and really have no evidence to support them.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
You should have given up a long time ago. You can use any link you want stating torque specs etc. The only specs that matter are PERFORMANCE. So here ya go:

F430
0-60 3.5sec
1/4 mile 11.7 @123mph
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ertrain-page-2

CLK BS
0-60 4.0
1/4 mile 12.6 @115mph
http://www.insideline.com/mercedes-b...ck-series.html

The F430 is a full second faster in the 1/4 mile and almost 10mph faster. Your obsession with torque means ZERO when racing. Unless of course you got the jump or the other guy wasn't trying/couldn't drive...I'd go with the latter. Either way, all you continue to do here is show your ignorance so keep at it if you wish.
Your figures are actually wrong... the CLK BS 1/4 mile is 12.0 at 117MPH.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/merc...ck_series.html

But here is where you get it all wrong... i never debated the 0-60MPH figures. I noticed that you did not really read my post...if you pay close attention to what I was saying is...from 40MPH to 120MPH. Yes? 0-60 figures are irellevant when you are dealing with a car that is already in motion at 40MPH cause the weight plays less and less role as it goes, as opposed to taking off from stop. I guess you already knew that but somehow...like I said...chose to ignore it...cause you can't be convienced otherwise. Btw, the only reason why the F430 hits a faster 1/4 mile is because of its advantage in taking off faster from stop cause is lighter. So, that .3 sec difference in quarter mile advantage... is in essence...nothing. Get them both from 40 to 140 and let me know...if the F430 passes the test. Remember...torque=pull. And the F430 lacks that pull compared to the CLK Black. From 40 to 140...the F430 is a dead horse.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-14-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Argh, I said lugs not wheels....for all these theory you have read, your understanding appears limited.

Again, you win...this thread is like a train wreck...you know you should look but you can't help yourself....but I am curious, when is the last time you went to the track to take advantage of this new diffuser and ti nuts...how much time did you shave off your time with these changes. I don't want to hear that you are planning to go, I want to know when you went.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
No one ever questioned lighter wheels...it was the TI lug bolts that were mentioned. And how do you know your stopping distance is 95...11ft better than OEM ? You measured it ? Really ??? Video or any other proof ??
You seem to doubt everything I said so what's the point for me to convience you!! I post the torque figures from both cars to show you how the one has much more pull than the other, yet...they don't convience you... LMAO. I guess we have another sceptic as to how reduced unsprung weight affects braking. LMAO!! Maaannnn...a lot of haters on this forum... Its quite amuzing though. I guess you are expert in unsprung weight as well, and perhaps have knowledge in titanium center bolts. LMAO!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Argh, I said lugs not wheels....for all these theory you have read, your understanding appears limited.

Again, you win...this thread is like a train wreck...you know you should look but you can't help yourself....but I am curious, when is the last time you went to the track to take advantage of this new diffuser and ti nuts...how much time did you shave off your time with these changes. I don't want to hear that you are planning to go, I want to know when you went.
Track time...hhmmmm... I am planning to go. LMAO!!! I started from a post about my CLK smoking an F430 and I am already in track time... Amen!! So...let me see...if someone intents to do all these upgrades...they have certainly have to do with minimizing track time other wise is useless. So, basically people who buy fast cars (i.e. say Enzos, or Pagani Zondas, etc) yet have no intention to take them to the track...their car performance is meaningless. LMAO!! Maaannn...I love this thread!!!! So I would assume...you already drew your conclusion that since this car is speced say as a high performance car...it has to be a track car. Let me put it this way...if you bought a CLK Black simply because you plan to track it...I've got news for you...you bought the wrong car. There are a bunch of other cars...that are much lighter...and would definately get you faster lap times. LMAO!!! If you check CLK Black...Nurburgring times...I don't believe you would see it at the top 10 list. Good try though!!! LMAO
Old 05-14-2012, 08:40 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
...and indeed I did smoke the F430. LMAO!!! No video proof...sorry!! No...for real though...I did smoke that sucker!! I really don't understand why people have difficulty believing that the CLK Black can outrun the F430 from 40MPH to say 140MPH...the figures are there. I already smoked it anyways...so makes no difference...sceptics or not. Oh well...off to the Ferrari forum now... LMAO!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:45 PM

CLK63 Black Series
You seem to doubt everything I said so what's the point for me to convience you!! I post the torque figures from both cars to show you how the one has much more pull than the other, yet...they don't convience you... LMAO. I guess we have another sceptic as to how reduced unsprung weight affects braking. LMAO!! Maaannnn...a lot of haters on this forum... Its quite amuzing though. I guess you are expert in unsprung weight as well, and perhaps have knowledge in titanium center bolts. LMAO!!!
That is a convenient statement when you have no proof to back up what you are saying.
Who makes your diffuser and what were the wind tunnel results?
Where and how did you test your lighter wheels and titanium lugs to get 11ft better stopping distance over OEM ? Did you use a fifth wheel ?

See - you can't answer these questions because you are full of it and you know it...not to mention living in a dream world. Your 700lb heavier CLK BS is faster than an F430 with the same hp?? LOL. You really need help buddy!!! Take care, it's been fun.

Last edited by PaulWdz; 05-14-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
That is a convenient statement when you have no proof to back up what you are saying.
Who makes your diffuser and what were the wind tunnel results?
Where and how did you test your lighter wheels and titanium lugs to get 11ft better stopping distance over OEM ? Did you use a fifth wheel ?

See - you can't answer these questions because you are full of it and you know it...not to mention living in a dream world. You 700lb heavier CLK BS is faster than an F430 with the same hp?? LOL. You really need help buddy!!! Take care, it's been fun.
Good try...there are cetain things that meant to be proprietary...as I may plan to sell in this forum...or even better let this be the only one CLK Black with a huge diffuser. LMAO!! I think I will go with the second option though!! Or then again...perhaps I decide to let you know later on...if I am convienced that your theory about torque is more accurate than mine. LMAO Btw, I thought you are sceptic as to its effectiveness...what difference would it make as to who makes the diffuser.... LMAO!! I know you are not paying attention though...F430 curb weight 3200 lbs. Mine 3731 (read carefully once again my post...this time try to slow down and read it carefully). Does that add up to 700 lbs to you? LMAO!!! Ok...you win. You have me cracking over here. 37-32=7 ??? Maannn...great math!!! Ok...Cheers!!! It has been fun and amuzing!!! From where I stand...you can certainly use some help in math.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-14-2012 at 09:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...