CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

C63 vs CLK63 BLK...or Maserati GT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 baybee!
C63 vs CLK63 BLK...or Maserati GT?

Copying my earlier post from the C63 forum:

Which one of the two AMG's and why? Maybe even throw the GT in the mix. Thoughts on using them as DD's? Particularly keen to get insights from those having owned/driven any combo of the cars especially both AMG's.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Why are you putting a C63 in the mix? The C Black Series, okay. But a base one
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 PM

2006 C55 AMG
clk63 BS best amg made, but c63 would be better DD, AMG much more reliable than Maserati for DD.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Cant comment on maserati but C63 BS is better of the 2 Black Series. Rided a bit more compliant, gear box faster interior more plush. The CLK Black is a more brutal car to drive and i enjoy it immensley but my hand usually reaches for the C63 key first...
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
The CLK Black is a more brutal car to drive and i enjoy it immensley but my hand usually reaches for the C63 key first...
why is that sir? The c63 is a better daily ride?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 PM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
I have both CLK Black and C63. C63 is more comfortable for DD and CLK is just a bit rough. Of course CLK is more fun on the track.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
I can reply as a CLK BS owner who has driven both the Granturismo S F1 (which is no longer available) and the Granturismo MC (the current USA version of the MC Stradale) with its updated automatic transmission. I'm a huge fan of the looks of the Maserati to the point where I almost considered trading the Black Series on it, but each time I drive the Maserati, I leave it disappointed. The Black Series is a sense of occassion type of car, in that nearly everything about it gives you that I'm driving a very special car. The Maserati by contrast I feel gives the the guy on the street who is watching you drive the Maserati more of a special feeling that the guy actually driving it. The looks are to die for, the exhaust is argueably the best in the world, especially in the MC version, and yet it feels slow, it doesn't feel like a sports car, it feels like its all show and no go. Its missing a 100 hp easy, then maybe you have more of a comparison. When you drive them back to back its such a night and day difference. BS all the way.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:48 PM

c63 baybee!
Update: I currently own a c63 and had a chance to test the CLK63 BS but not the maserati. The c63 is an amazing car in so many respects, but I miss the feeling of driving a coupe. C63 is definately more practical than the clkBS but if I wanted practical I'd get a camry. The BS is a beast, and I would prefer to drive it as my DD. It's rough and rugged, which is exactly how a car of that pedigree should drive. Styling is out of this world in my opinion. You can tell it's a rarity by looking at it whereas the general population (with the exception of mb forum heads and valet) can't tell the difference between a c63 and regular c class. Exhaust note in the CLK BS is to die for. However, I bothers me a tad bit to see how some of the electronics and interior styling are dummed down vs my C63. For example, the clock isn't digital, seats aren't fully powered, and nav/sound system isn't up to C63's level. Since I'd have to pony up an additional 20 g's to get the BS, I would expect some of these things to be a bit more refined. Then again, even though the BS is 5 years old, there's less than 300 of them left in the US, and I value that more than an analog clock and *****ty navigation. I don't think I'm going to pursue the maserati yet due simply to lack of performance. //AMG > Maserati.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and look forward to getting more of your thoughts. I'll keep you posted on what I end up doing. Cheers!!