CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Eurotoys and KMac suspension bits!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2015 | 07:44 PM

CLK BS
Eurotoys and KMac suspension bits!

Just bought a set of stage 2 front suspension upgrades and rear adjustable bushing kit from Eurotoys, the US distributor for K-Mac suspension products. Looks very well made and reasonably priced. In fact, it's refreshing to see something priced in the "hundreds" range rather than "thousands" for our BS.

I was told the bushings are harder than polyurethane but more flexible than delrin, which sounds like a good compromise. I just like the fact that it will offer a lot more adjustability when it comes to camber/toe/caster. And as far as I know, this is the first adjustable camber plate and caster for the BS.

I plan to use these with some 18" CCWs with wider BFG rivals. Will post more pics/review when the car gets set up.

Here's the link: http://www.eurotoysltd.com/catalog/i...osgqqp2kuh5v97

Last edited by GeoGeo; 01-06-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2015 | 08:50 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Glad to see the KMAC being used on the BS. I like their products on previous AMG cars I have owned.

Let me know what your experience is like with the front camber plates. I'm still looking for a good quick camber solution for the front on track days.

On the 18" CCW, what tire sizes will you run?
Old 01-07-2015 | 03:49 PM

CLK BS
Yes I'm also looking forward to have the KMAC stuff installed. Will update on the progress. And a big thx to Mike @ Eurotoys and KMAC for making this happen. The BS is such a limited edition car it's always good to have more tuning options.

I'm running CCW C10s, 18x10 front, 18x11 rear. It clears the front lower tie rod with literally 1 mm to spare. Also WIDE! Same weight as OEM wheels, but it opens up a world of tire options. I'm running the BFG Rivals, 275/35/18 front, 295/35/18. It's on a completely different level than the Pilot Super Sports, which has softer side walls and is a step down from the OEM Corsas. The BFG combines the best of the SS and Corsa, so really best of both worlds. I'll do a more in-depth review once everything is sorted. But bottom line is that 18s allow you many more tire options, including Hoosiers

Last edited by GeoGeo; 01-07-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2015 | 05:01 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I'm running the CCW C10 also with 285 and 305. If its not too late, I recommend adding one unit more of offset on the front rim. It is really close to the front spring currently. Although this is probably because I run 285 vs 275 in the front. Hopefully CCW can make adjustment to the rim measurements before forging them.

Also, the 1mm of clearance between the ball joint and inside rim is causing issues for me now. Initial when i put on the rims i thought it would be ok with barely a slight rub mark. However, it has gotten progressively worse to the point of grinding a section of the inside rim against the ball joint and brake shield when turning. I have only used the wheels for 5 track days and a car show last weekend. Sure hope I didn't bend the rims somehow.

Last edited by MOFLO; 01-08-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2015 | 05:20 PM

2008 CLK63 BS
These Kmac parts are really nice, very easy to adjust and inexpensive when compared to other manufacturers . I will be removing the Weistec/Delrin rear suspension bushings (that I installed last October for the Vegas race) and installing the new Kmac pieces that they just came out with. I'm not a fan of the bouncy ride with the Delrin.

Mike
Old 02-15-2015 | 09:21 AM

CLK BS
MOFLO, thx for the advise. The CCWs already have an aggressive offset in the front , +10. Rear is +32. With 275/295 I havn't had any inner clearance issues (knock on wood).

I am more concerned about the rubbing that you mentioned. I'll have to go and take a closer look. What you've experienced doesn't sound good--is it happening in just one front wheel or both? If it's just one and only at one location, then it's a bent wheel (which is hard to believe considering CCW has pretty good reputation). If it's both wheel, then it could also be the control arm. There was a thread here before where people had a shave off a tiny bit of the front ball joint to gain clearance. I think the reason why this doesn't happen to every BS is because of production tolerances. Some ball joints may be just a tad bigger.

BTW, just installed KMAC bushings, was able to get -2.4 front and -1.5 rear camber, with 10 degree caster (stock) and 0.25 toe in the rear. Indeed makes the car handle easier and with more confidence.

Big thx to Mike @ Eurotoys! Stand up guy!
Old 02-15-2015 | 05:04 PM

2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by GeoGeo
MOFLO, thx for the advise. The CCWs already have an aggressive offset in the front , +10. Rear is +32. With 275/295 I havn't had any inner clearance issues (knock on wood).

I am more concerned about the rubbing that you mentioned. I'll have to go and take a closer look. What you've experienced doesn't sound good--is it happening in just one front wheel or both? If it's just one and only at one location, then it's a bent wheel (which is hard to believe considering CCW has pretty good reputation). If it's both wheel, then it could also be the control arm. There was a thread here before where people had a shave off a tiny bit of the front ball joint to gain clearance. I think the reason why this doesn't happen to every BS is because of production tolerances. Some ball joints may be just a tad bigger.

BTW, just installed KMAC bushings, was able to get -2.4 front and -1.5 rear camber, with 10 degree caster (stock) and 0.25 toe in the rear. Indeed makes the car handle easier and with more confidence.

Big thx to Mike @ Eurotoys! Stand up guy!
That's good that you got everything installed so quickly, now you are ready for spring/summer.

Mike
Old 02-17-2015 | 03:02 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
GeoGeo,

I bent both front rims on the freeway driving to a car show (still dont know how I did that). I had them repaired and all is well again. However, the clearance is still 1-2mm between the rim and ball joint. Like you mentioned a little shave on the end of the ball joint where some excess cast material is may help the situation.

The inside tire rubbing issue is simply from the size of tire I'm running in the rear and the tire sidewall flex (during bad entry or exit situations). During street and spirited track sessions, this CCW setup is excellent with no rubbing. My stock wheels rub the inside fender more on the street than these CCW's.

I plan to lower and corner balance the car in a few months. I'll see how that effects clearances on stock and CCW setups. Also, debating on what bushing and camber setup to go with, Weistec or KMAC.

Attached pic of clearance.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Eurotoys and KMac suspension bits!-img_20150104_102746.jpg  
Old 12-01-2015 | 01:40 AM

CLK 63 BS
MOFLO,
Where did you purchase your CCWs? Are your off sets the same as GeoGeo's?
Old 12-02-2015 | 01:35 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I bought them direct from CCW but now it looks like they are owned by Weld now. I believe the offsets are the same. I choose to run wider tires. There is a picture i posted somewhere on this forum. I like the stance a lot, just looks mean and ready to attack the track. Bonus is there is no tire rubbing at anytime.