CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Looking for CLK63 to drive

Old 04-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 Black Series
Looking for CLK63 to drive

Good morning all

What should I expect to pay for a very clean CLK63 BS with 40-60k miles?

I want a very clean example, but moderate mileage is AOK

Thank you

Robert'
Old 04-04-2017, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 Black Series
Come on guys, Throw me a bone here :-)

What should I pay for a 40,000 - 60,000 mile CLK63 BS?

I'm looking for very clean BS to drive, so it does not have to be a sub 20K mile car. It does however have to be very clean, good service history, no paintwork.

Am I describing a $50,000 car or a $70,000 car ???? I see a wide range in asking prices, but what are they selling for?

Thank you

Robert
Old 04-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, A45 AMG
The spread beetwen CLK BS US Market price vs European Market price is huge.
For a clean CLK BS is higher than 100 000€
Old 04-04-2017, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Old 04-04-2017, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
an 18k mile black car sold for 59k last year....i know of no other comps
Old 04-07-2017, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by TheDrivenMan
Good morning all

What should I expect to pay for a very clean CLK63 BS with 40-60k miles?

I want a very clean example, but moderate mileage is AOK

Thank you

Robert'

This question will have answers all over the map. There are so few Black Series for sale, and even fewer with proper documentation, that it is very hard to put a real number on their prices. Plus, the few that have sold still have unknown variables. By unknown variables I mean that we don't know how badly the seller needed to unload the car, or how much documentation they had, how much work the car needed to make it 'perfect' (low mileage does NOT mean the car is perfect or up to date on maintenance), or any list of other factors.

Bottom line....find the car that you like, and pay what you feel comfortable parting with to get it. Because this car is very special, and it takes a certain person to decide to buy one. Additionally, the sample size of pricing in the market is so much smaller than other cars, that it is almost impossible to real get "the number" for what you should pay.

Best of luck in your search. You will really enjoy the Black.

Last edited by Meeyatch1; 04-07-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:02 PM
PJK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63BS
This is dead on...

I've seen cars with hardly any miles that look terrible, and ones with high mileage that look basically new. There are people trying to sell cars at prices that will never sell (at least not in the short term), and there are people looking to unload cars for lots of reasons. With so few cars actually available for sale at any given time (and so few cars that have actually recently sold), you're basically on your own to look at the market (at that time), and put your own price tag on the particular car. Obviously, the pickier you are, the longer you'll likely have to wait, or you'll be forced to pay whatever the person is asking that has the exact car you want.

Definitely a special car. The only one that I've actually bought twice.

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
This question will have answers all over the map. There are so few Black Series for sale, and even fewer with proper documentation, that it is very hard to put a real number on their prices. Plus, the few that have sold still have unknown variables. By unknown variables I mean that we don't know how badly the seller needed to unload the car, or how much documentation they had, how much work the car needed to make it 'perfect' (low mileage does NOT mean the car is perfect or up to date on maintenance), or any list of other factors.

Bottom line....find the car that you like, and pay what you feel comfortable parting with to get it. Because this car is very special, and it takes a certain person to decide to buy one. Additionally, the sample size of pricing in the market is so much smaller than other cars, that it is almost impossible to real get "the number" for what you should pay.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG BS
Meeyatch1 is right, pricing is honestly all over the place, and while folks are putting a premium on low miles, some of those also have spotty service records and questionable ownership.

Mine's for sale and seems to fit your mileage criteria, as well as being supremely serviced/maintained and clean. You can check it out in the for sale sub-forum, if interested please let me know.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1

Outstanding post

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 04-08-2017, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
after listening to all the owners/fans on here, there's this.....note the word "Retail"

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2008/...-Series/Values

MSRP Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
$135,875 $50,800 $64,500 $73,000

Last edited by Doctodd33; 04-08-2017 at 12:50 PM.