CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Renntech ECU or Weitec ECU

Old 10-28-2017, 05:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
Renntech ECU or Weitec ECU

Hi guys,

I have my BS now for over a month and you know how things going... It's a blast to drive but what if it had some more hp... I'm looking into the aftermarket parts for BS already before I got my BS.

So on this moment I purchased already some Weistec parts and they looks great on the car. On this moment I'm looking for an aftermarket ECU to hit the 550hp. I rode many stories of bad tuners etc so Weistec or Renntech is the way to go for me. I don't want to get any problems with a new tune and as I understand premium tuners are the way to go in that case.

Both companies offers almost the same numbers on their ECU but why the big price difference?
Weistec @ $899,99 http://weistec.com/all/clk/clk-63/20...u-upgrade.html

Renntech @$2950,00 https://www.renntechmercedes.com/ind...-485-tq-detail

As I see this, the Renntech is a tuner where you can switch between stock power and Renntech power. Anyone got this? Is it bang for the buck? Any good or bad impressions?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2017, 11:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
You can do some search here about Weistec--I think they were pretty good before but last I heard they had some personnel changes and lately there were some complaints. Renntech is always on the expensive side. I don't know why.

The other two companies you can look at are Dime Racing and Eurocharged. I have Eurocharged. ECU tune frees some hp due to change in ignition timing and fuel trims. Also increase throttle response. Most tuner's programs are similar and do the same thing.

If you REALLY want to make easy, big power, a set of long tube headers will easily free 40-60 WHP. But it does increase noise and most likely will throw a CEL due to emission issues.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:30 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I would love to throw our hat in the ring as well. We are one of the bigger tuners on the boards, and have locations all around the world

Our CLK63 black tune comes with a handheld that you can easily swap between tuned and stock whenever you want easily from home!

We offer the same gains as weistec and more then RT without the mb tax. Our handheld and tune is currently on sale for $750 shipped!

Let me know if you have any questions or want to place an order! We have our own CLK63 black as well, one of our favorite shop cars here! (C63s, C63, ML63, E55 are some of the others)
Old 10-29-2017, 12:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLKBS
Originally Posted by GeoGeo
You can do some search here about Weistec--I think they were pretty good before but last I heard they had some personnel changes and lately there were some complaints. Renntech is always on the expensive side. I don't know why.

The other two companies you can look at are Dime Racing and Eurocharged. I have Eurocharged. ECU tune frees some hp due to change in ignition timing and fuel trims. Also increase throttle response. Most tuner's programs are similar and do the same thing.

If you REALLY want to make easy, big power, a set of long tube headers will easily free 40-60 WHP. But it does increase noise and most likely will throw a CEL due to emission issues.
Dime is the same person that started Weistec

Originally Posted by loungn14
I would love to throw our hat in the ring as well. We are one of the bigger tuners on the boards, and have locations all around the world

Our CLK63 black tune comes with a handheld that you can easily swap between tuned and stock whenever you want easily from home!

We offer the same gains as weistec and more then RT without the mb tax. Our handheld and tune is currently on sale for $750 shipped!

Let me know if you have any questions or want to place an order! We have our own CLK63 black as well, one of our favorite shop cars here! (C63s, C63, ML63, E55 are some of the others)
​​​​​​​does this include blip? More info please
Old 10-29-2017, 01:42 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Derekm15
Dime is the same person that started Weistec

does this include blip? More info please
yup lots of data on dime lately too. Might wanna search

We sell a handheld that you flash from Home. We send files back and fourth via email and you apply to the car. Very simple process and great gains. Also allows you to flash stock at will

blip is more controlled with the trans module and valve body more then the tune.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes e500

We sell a handheld that you flash from Home. We send files back and fourth via email and you apply to the car. Very simple process and great gains. Also allows you to flash stock at will

blip is more controlled with the trans module and valve body more then the tune.
what is your company? Do you offer the TCU tune as well? If so, how much?

Thanks,

Justin
The following users liked this post:
Gene Gorman (07-18-2020)
Old 01-08-2018, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by GeoGeo

not really I bought my black series from a forum member on this site which came with Evosport long tube headers, secondary cat delete, with 200 cel cats,underdrive pully and aftermarket exhaust. my car is very quit and there is no drone sound. no CEL light either. the car sounds amazing WOT.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Eurocharged

Great customer service

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 02-07-2018, 10:19 PM

CLKBS
Originally Posted by Manuyc
not really I bought my black series from a forum member on this site which came with Evosport long tube headers, secondary cat delete, with 200 cel cats,underdrive pully and aftermarket exhaust. my car is very quit and there is no drone sound. no CEL light either. the car sounds amazing WOT.
can you post some sound clips? Would love my car to be a bit louder.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
CLK63 Black

What kind of gains could one expect from just a tune on a C63 BS?
Old 02-09-2018, 12:02 AM

CLKBS
Originally Posted by Ron Olson
What kind of gains could one expect from just a tune on a C63 BS?
who knows, check the site or call .
Old 02-09-2018, 09:53 AM

CLK63 Black

who knows, check the site or call .
I didn't ask you, thanks.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:55 AM

CLK63 Black

can you post some sound clips? Would love my car to be a bit louder.
Ever hear of Youtube?