4s vs BMW 550xi msport vs cls550 4 matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NONE
4s vs BMW 550xi msport vs cls550 4 matic

I need help I'm deciding tomorrow I drove the 4s love it I even like the look the inside is awesome handling great the speed funny enough I think is slowest. The cls is new design the engine is great but a little worried about handling plus I feel it looks a little Girly or something
The 550xi m sport the cheapest but also timeless look plus you can get dinan software getting it to 500 HP handling should be in middle of the 2 and fastest with upgrade.
Porsche has wow factor look and handling wise have to buy lease stinks
Cls newest look great engine but something is holding me back
BMW I love BMW know that I can get a great 2 year lease beat on it pay nothing extra out of my pocket and move on after 2 years. But I feel I will get sick of BMW to fast.
I don't want to say money doesnt matter but I don't want that to play that much into decision something makes me say Porsche one day BMW the other I think Mercedes is in last.
Thanks
Brett
Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
You're comparing cars that are pretty different from each other. The 5-Series has a timeless look firstly due to its more upright Sedan/3-Box look (and the cars design is also taken into account), it's M-B equivalent is the E-Class. The CLS looks like the E-Classes pretty Sister, as it takes on a more feminine form of design beauty, rather than a stately and timeless one (again, CLS VS the Luxury Sedans).

The premium you pay in the CLS is mostly fashion/style oriented, and it lacks in function over the Sedans. The main reason somebody pays the CLS premium is because the design blows them away, and if it doesn't for you, I'd go for the 5-Series. Better value and a more functional design.

If money isn't an object so much, I'd go for the Panamera, however, as it seems to combine both of the other two cars in a way. Most people seem to find it pretty hideous, and I did as well, but I'm shocked to say that I think that I actually like it ONLY when equipped properly (and it has to be lightly and tastefully modded) and in the right color.

Last edited by K-A; 09-13-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Did you just say the CLS looks girly ..lol seriously I'm not sure how you are seeing that..but KA hit everything on the nail. Yes I agree, the E and CLS are pretty much fraternal twins(the CLS is the sexier one..the one with the big ***** and big behind )..So if the design isn't attracting you, keep it moving. Most find the porsche either super sexy or horrendously hideous. I don't think its that bad with the turbo kit. I'm assuming the 4S is the one with the slow V6. And I can understand why you would get bored with the 550..it's the plain jane of the three(like KA mentioned it shouldnt be in this group, the 6 series would). With that being said..I have no clue which you should pick lol
Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 PM

2011 E350 4m, 2011 S550 4m, 2012 ML350
I'd take the recently unveiled 2012 911 Carrera over everything (if your not in a rush)! We love our Porsche (Cayenne S) and I've driven a few 911's and have not one negative thing to say about it. That being said, if you need passenger space, you'd be lucky if you can fit two children in the back of the Porsche, it will fit a car seat though. We also had a 2009 CLS 550 that my father traded for an S550 4-matic but due to the recent availability of 4-matic to the CLS it seems he will be switching back. If you need the space, go for the CLS, if not, the 911 is a timeless beauty that won't disappoint. Happy shopping
Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
The new 911 looks great but that's an Apples to Notebooks comparison. Much less size and space, and 2 doors. Not to mention, the price for a moderately spec'd 911 will be waaaay more than a 5-Series or CLS.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:17 AM

2011 E350 4m, 2011 S550 4m, 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by K-A
The new 911 looks great but that's an Apples to Notebooks comparison. Much less size and space, and 2 doors. Not to mention, the price for a moderately spec'd 911 will be waaaay more than a 5-Series or CLS.
Well understood but I was pretty much agreeing to what you just said, apples to notebooks is right but it varies by individual (family, use, performance, comfort, etc...) and the OP is in the market for either it seems. And being that $ isn't so much of an issue, even though the Carrera 4 will set you back a considerable amount, you won't regret it. It all comes down to a matter of preference. Also, if one doesn't mind the outgoing Carrera4 [still a beauty], you may be able to pick one up at around invoice. Might I add, I myself would be torn between the two because I think the new CLS is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

Last edited by MBCLS550; 09-17-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 AM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by BRETT0429
I need help I'm deciding tomorrow I drove the 4s love it I even like the look the inside is awesome handling great the speed funny enough I think is slowest. The cls is new design the engine is great but a little worried about handling plus I feel it looks a little Girly or something
The 550xi m sport the cheapest but also timeless look plus you can get dinan software getting it to 500 HP handling should be in middle of the 2 and fastest with upgrade.
Porsche has wow factor look and handling wise have to buy lease stinks
Cls newest look great engine but something is holding me back
BMW I love BMW know that I can get a great 2 year lease beat on it pay nothing extra out of my pocket and move on after 2 years. But I feel I will get sick of BMW to fast.
I don't want to say money doesnt matter but I don't want that to play that much into decision something makes me say Porsche one day BMW the other I think Mercedes is in last.
Thanks
Brett
I would not compare BMW 550 with CLS, because it should rival to E-Class. But Panamera and CLS have a lot of things in common. Anyway, here is very detailed review of both: 2012 CLS550 vs. 2012 Panamera . Besides comparing the characteristics of 2 models, this review is from the shoppers point of view. It shows what you get for what you pay.... Check it out.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM

C55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WI6tqBFYs&feature=relmfu

I would go for the CLS anyday! The BMW F10 550i it's just does not do it for me in power!