CLS HEADLIGHT UPGRADE/REPLACEMENT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550 2012
CLS HEADLIGHT UPGRADE/REPLACEMENT?

Hey fellas im new to this site seeking veteran mercedes knowledge from anyone with this type of experience. So basically me and my cousin bought the same car a 2012 cls 550 mines is white on white and his is black on black. Now the funny thing is i never seen his car until about 3 months of driving because we both have a busy schedule or whatever but when we first met up he look at my ride and told me we have different lights. I was shocked to find out my lights are basically the ''stock'' option and his were the upgraded one and worst part is that majority of the cls 550's on road have his lights which look awesome during the day time. SOO to keep the story as short as i can i was wondering if I get replacement Leds lets say from ebay or wherever are they a direct fit?? Like are they interchangable or will i face problems trying to install them? I still love my ride but if i can get any insight from someone would be nice to know and would probably do it down the road sometime thank fellas!!

Oh and side question when he locks his doors his mirrors fold in and i check my dash console and seems like mines doesnt have that option either. Called Mb dealer for update and they where acting like i was speaking chinese to them or like im talking about something crazy that cant be done. If anyone has any insight on this would be lovely aswell.
Attached Thumbnails CLS HEADLIGHT UPGRADE/REPLACEMENT?-img_3009.jpg  
Old 09-12-2016, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
It looks like your headlights have been change, it should have look like the black car form the factory.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:44 PM

CLS550 2012
Originally Posted by The G Man
It looks like your headlights have been change, it should have look like the black car form the factory.
why do u say that? i was reading up on this topic and it says that the led lights (the one's of the black car)are an optional upgrade. Interesting response though ill look into that further.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 S550 4matic (AMG sport package), 2016 Corvette Stingray.
Those headlights on your car are not sold in the US.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP, Renntech
They are in Canada. It looks like one set are Canada spec headlights and the other set might be after market

Last edited by LaunchPad; 09-12-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:47 AM

CLS550 2012
Originally Posted by wilassasin
Those headlights on your car are not sold in the US.
SORRY GUYS FORGOT TO MENTION I AM IN CANADA. Toronto to be exact.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls550
If i had the option i would change mines to the 2016-17 headlights. If they were direct fitment. Not sure.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic sold, 2015 CLS 550 sold, 2016 CLS 550
I've never seen those headlights in Canada. The black one does not have LED headlights though...they were only available in Canada starting on the 2015 model year. They are just HID

Folding mirror setting should be found in menu under convenience settings i believe.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 PM

Cadillac
Did u figure out the headlight.... I've been looking at use CLS550 4MATIC in Toronto.. Seems like some have the led strip across the middle and some dont for 2012!? Does the white car have LEDs along the outside??

Originally Posted by Clsboy
Hey fellas im new to this site seeking veteran mercedes knowledge from anyone with this type of experience. So basically me and my cousin bought the same car a 2012 cls 550 mines is white on white and his is black on black. Now the funny thing is i never seen his car until about 3 months of driving because we both have a busy schedule or whatever but when we first met up he look at my ride and told me we have different lights. I was shocked to find out my lights are basically the ''stock'' option and his were the upgraded one and worst part is that majority of the cls 550's on road have his lights which look awesome during the day time. SOO to keep the story as short as i can i was wondering if I get replacement Leds lets say from ebay or wherever are they a direct fit?? Like are they interchangable or will i face problems trying to install them? I still love my ride but if i can get any insight from someone would be nice to know and would probably do it down the road sometime thank fellas!!

Oh and side question when he locks his doors his mirrors fold in and i check my dash console and seems like mines doesnt have that option either. Called Mb dealer for update and they where acting like i was speaking chinese to them or like im talking about something crazy that cant be done. If anyone has any insight on this would be lovely aswell.