Location of Parktronic module.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS550
Location of Parktronic module.

Hi everybody, just wondering if anybody knows where the Parktronic module is located at in my 2013 CLS550. Im having problems with all my parking sensors and blindspot. Im also having rear camera issues but not sure if they are related. I already removed the bumpers to see that everything was plug in right, i also checked the fuses they all seem to be fine and I've changed the axillary battery like someone recommended but still no luck. Hopefully changing the module fixes it. If you have any other suggestions on where I should also look please let me know as well. I plugged in my scanner and it says that all parking sensors have low voltage btw.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:07 AM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by joe1655
Hi everybody, just wondering if anybody knows where the Parktronic module is located at in my 2013 CLS550. Im having problems with all my parking sensors and blindspot. Im also having rear camera issues but not sure if they are related. I already removed the bumpers to see that everything was plug in right, i also checked the fuses they all seem to be fine and I've changed the axillary battery like someone recommended but still no luck. Hopefully changing the module fixes it. If you have any other suggestions on where I should also look please let me know as well. I plugged in my scanner and it says that all parking sensors have low voltage btw.

i have a similar issue with my parking sensors and I was told to change the main battery I just haven’t had time to go do it. When was the last time your battery was changed ?
Old 04-12-2020, 09:21 AM

2013 CLS550
Never though about that. I think the car has had the same battery for about 2 years. Are you planning on changing you battery?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:24 AM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by joe1655
Never though about that. I think the car has had the same battery for about 2 years. Are you planning on changing you battery?
yes I am, but my shop that handles my maintenance quoted me 400 but I had just dropped like 1200 on alignment, service, and fixing my windshield wiper and didn’t have the extra funds but also thought that was a high price and it was for a certain brand that wasn’t even oem I don’t think, so I decided to look on my own and found a few for around 200 just didn’t want to try to change the battery without looking up how to do it , as I am mechanically challenged and want to see if it’s something’s my father and I can tackle. But I guess any brand agm battery, also I know in Florida batteries get only about 2 years and I’ve never changed mine since I got the car last may. I think that might actually be something to add to the list of things to do around here I’m going to try and get around to it this week I’ll let you know how it goes. My sensors have been not working on first startup they make these red dots and beep but then I turn the car off and on again and they work fine. Just getting annoying now because it’s happening more where as that would only happen once a week maybe. Fingers crossed that’s the problem.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:01 PM

2013 CLS550
Originally Posted by Dblok1113
yes I am, but my shop that handles my maintenance quoted me 400 but I had just dropped like 1200 on alignment, service, and fixing my windshield wiper and didn’t have the extra funds but also thought that was a high price and it was for a certain brand that wasn’t even oem I don’t think, so I decided to look on my own and found a few for around 200 just didn’t want to try to change the battery without looking up how to do it , as I am mechanically challenged and want to see if it’s something’s my father and I can tackle. But I guess any brand agm battery, also I know in Florida batteries get only about 2 years and I’ve never changed mine since I got the car last may. I think that might actually be something to add to the list of things to do around here I’m going to try and get around to it this week I’ll let you know how it goes. My sensors have been not working on first startup they make these red dots and beep but then I turn the car off and on again and they work fine. Just getting annoying now because it’s happening more where as that would only happen once a week maybe. Fingers crossed that’s the problem.
Yes, that's how mine are when I first start it up after a while of use and I put it in drive/reverse all the red dots light up with a loud beep. If I turn it off and on within a short time it won't do this but my sensor will still not work. At this point I'm left to assume its either the parking module or like you said the battery. I can't think of anything else it could be. So please keep me posted on what happens after you replace your battery.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:05 AM

2013 CLS550
So I just replaced the main battery and auxiliary battery as well as the parktronic module with no luck.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Before throwing any more parts at it have someone pull codes using Xentry (MB diagnostics).
Old 05-26-2020, 04:04 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
CLS 550
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Before throwing any more parts at it have someone pull codes using Xentry (MB diagnostics).
Konigstiger, do you have the work order for changing the aux and main batteries?

Old 05-26-2020, 05:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
As it concerns your vehicle: main (engine compartment) 12V/80AH shop 0019828108, support (trunk) 12V/12AH 0009829608 see attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
install battery.pdf (441.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: pdf
additional battery + B03.pdf (269.7 KB, 111 views)