Pissed OFF! What should I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500C
Pissed OFF! What should I do?

Hello, guys.. MB service center couldn't find what the problem is for my car's front side "took took" noise. I already have been there for fourth times and left vehicle over ten days.... What should I do?? I m really fraustrated and pissed off...
Old 05-03-2005, 07:33 PM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
Originally Posted by jytman
Hello, guys.. MB service center couldn't find what the problem is for my car's front side "took took" noise. I already have been there for fourth times and left vehicle over ten days.... What should I do?? I m really fraustrated and pissed off...
do they acknowlege hearing the noise themselves, or are they telling u its in your head? maybe the car is whispering to you, "took took your money" , sorry for the joke, i know youre frustrated.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
Two managers and one sales manager heard same noise when they test trove with me...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:33 PM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Seek out a Lemon Law Lawyer in Hawaii...I did this for one of my recently bought cars and the dealership went from who gives a r@t's @ss to kissing my @ss in a NY minute (costs you nothing in that the auto manufacturer must pay all legal costs)...in Hawaii there is something called the "Three Time Presumption" (meaning you've taken it in 3 separate times and they failed to remedy) and something called the "30 Days Presumption", meaning your car has been with the service dept for 30 consecutive days. In either case, you can argue for full reimbursement of purchase price, cash compensation for time they've had the car or credit of whatever you might have paid for non use and according to your lease payments. In my case, I told them how much cash I wanted (this was NOT and MB) and we negotiated from there.

Lemon Law in Hawaii states the following:

"Reasonable offset" for use means the number of miles attributable to a consumer up to the date of the third repair attempt of the same nonconformity which is the subject of the claim, the date of the first repair attempt of a nonconformity that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury, or the date of the thirtieth cumulative business day when the vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities, whichever occurs first. The reasonable offset for use shall be equal to one per cent of the purchase price for every thousand miles of use.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Two managers and one sales manager heard same noise when they test trove with me...
Sales Managers and other "front end" people don't count when it comes to service issues of this type. Get the Shop Foreman to hear the noise and you'll be closer to a resolution. If all else fails, have the MB Dealer Service rep meet you at the dealership for a ride on his/her next scheduled visit. Just making the arrangement with the MB rep however, should be sufficient to motivate the Service Manager to pull out all of the stops to fix the problem. MB Service Managers have great latitude to get things done, if they know what to do. Good luck !
Old 05-04-2005, 01:46 AM

BMW X5 4.8IS, CLS500

SAME SAME! I HEAR "took took" NOISE. VERY FRAUSTRATED TOO. BUT I HAVEN'T TAKEN MY CAR TO THE SERVICE CENTER YET. YOU CAN NOTICE THE SOUND ESPECIALLY WHEN DRIVING ON BUMPY ROADS.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:49 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
hey, jia1213. r u using aftermarket wheels and tires?? because i m not sure whether the took took noise is from the aftermarket wheels and tires or not. I personally put 20" wheels and tires, so mb is blaming for it. In addition, is your noise coming from front side? my took took noise comes from front left side. please reply !! - _ - /
Old 05-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
In addition, thanks swisstrader. Your information was very helpful. The problem is that when my wheel installer put the wheels and tires, they glinded my control arm, but I don't know why.. In this case, can i go for the lemon law becuase maybe mb can blame for the installing aftermarket wheels and tires or glinding control arm ...
Old 05-04-2005, 08:14 AM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
In addition, thanks swisstrader. Your information was very helpful. The problem is that when my wheel installer put the wheels and tires, they glinded my control arm, but I don't know why.. In this case, can i go for the lemon law becuase maybe mb can blame for the installing aftermarket wheels and tires or glinding control arm ...
As long as what you did is not explicitly stated by MB as "would void the warranty of the vehicle", they will still have to fix the problem. Aftermarket wheels and tires should not void the warranty. Contact a Lemon Law lawyer, they will serve papers and while you may never take them to court, they will magically start to pay attention to you and fix the problem pronto. Most people never go this route because they think it will be a long and costly process. One phone call to lawyers who deal with this every day will result in getting papers served and at NO cost to you.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:29 PM

BMW X5 4.8IS, CLS500
Angry

hey, jia1213. r u using aftermarket wheels and tires?? because i m not sure whether the took took noise is from the aftermarket wheels and tires or not. I personally put 20" wheels and tires, so mb is blaming for it. In addition, is your noise coming from front side? my took took noise comes from front left side. please reply !! - _ - /
no, everything is stock. I can hear this noise from the front side. It seems like something is loose.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM

ahh, didnt mention u were running aftermarket wheels originally. this could be casued by a number of things with aftermarket wheels. most often, it is when u use lugs that are too long with the aftermarket wheels. is the shop who fitted the wheels an experienced shop who handles mercedes often? i would bet there may be some fitment issues, possibly with the lugs, that may be causing the noise. i assume u looked over all the tires for any foreign objects or pebbles stuck in the tread??? tell me more about the fitment, do u have spacers, centering rings, are your wheels hub centric, have u retorqued the wheels, typically after 500 miles?
Old 05-04-2005, 02:40 PM

CLS-500, SL-500, BOXSTER-S
Did you sign the arbitration agreement when you picked up the car?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
I just signed for the lemon law recognization paper. It was the paper for the owners' agreement for the reading about the lemon law in hawaii.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
Atomic performance which sold and installed my aftermarket wheels and tires used my stock wheels' lug nuts because they didn't have proper lug nuts in their shop. They glinded head of the lug nut becuase the lug nut's head was too big to be fit to the wheels' hole.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
Originally Posted by jia1213
no, everything is stock. I can hear this noise from the front side. It seems like something is loose.
Maybe your car and my car have same problem, bro..
Old 05-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS 500C
Originally Posted by swisstrader
As long as what you did is not explicitly stated by MB as "would void the warranty of the vehicle", they will still have to fix the problem. Aftermarket wheels and tires should not void the warranty. Contact a Lemon Law lawyer, they will serve papers and while you may never take them to court, they will magically start to pay attention to you and fix the problem pronto. Most people never go this route because they think it will be a long and costly process. One phone call to lawyers who deal with this every day will result in getting papers served and at NO cost to you.
so, you mean even though they(wheel seller) cutted the end of control arm, it's still not gonna void warranty??
Old 05-04-2005, 10:47 PM

2007 ML 320CDI
I have an occassional "took-took" noise too, almost like some liquid is shaking or boiling somewhere, I think it's the hydraulics.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Uh...

Recognization?
Cutted?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Atomic performance which sold and installed my aftermarket wheels and tires used my stock wheels' lug nuts because they didn't have proper lug nuts in their shop. They glinded head of the lug nut becuase the lug nut's head was too big to be fit to the wheels' hole.
that doesnt sound good, i would reinvestigate this. funny how i mention it may be lug problem, and then u end up actually having had some issues with the lugs. i would make sure they are not too long.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
would the lemon law work if my cars alignment keeps veering the car? its very dangerous and they claimed they fixed it, im going to make my second stop, if its not resolved i will do my third, then go through lemon law if it is applicable