CLS SUCKS!!! TRADED IT IN FOR 645ci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
Again, please answer my question of:

How many CLS's each Northeast dealer gets in inventory each year?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by swisstrader

hey swiss i saw another black cls55, this wouldnt happen to be your car would it being that you have the only black cls55 in the northeast?

this one had a benzel busch badge on the trunk lid and i think i read somewhere on here that you recommended benzel busch because thats where you purchased your car. omg, could it have been that i was in the presence of the one and only swisstraders cls55? gosh gee willickers :p

as far as how many cls's each dealer in the northeast gets i have no idea but i will call my sales guy that i bought my last 3 mb's from at ray catena and ask him. everytime i go in there, theres a multitude of cls's, both 500's and 55's.

ray catena is where me and fazooley (cls500 owner and member here) went for the cls launch party and also where he bought his cls from. ray catena is one of the largest mb dealers in the country, maybe thats why they have a nice stock of cls's. ill try to find out though.

do you know how many each dealer is allotted? if not, can you ask benzel busch how many they get? id like to know as well.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:36 PM

If in fact you believe the car is anything but rare, why would you think you have spotted the one car from this one dealership and identified it as my car?!

If, as you say, there are 100's of CLS citings that you make each week, would it not be ludicrous to think that this ONE CLS belongs to me?...too funny.

p.s., here's a clue, living in NYC, mine would have NYC plates, dontcha think? ...should be easy to spot though, based on the fact that the car is so rare.

My challenge to you: since you seem to spot CLS's all over NYC and since you seem to (like a good boyscout) carry around a camera wherever you go, snap a shot of ALL the CLS's you spot in one week with NY plates. Then we'll revisit this thread in one week's time and see what you've come back with.

p.s. no cheating with photoshop or some other BS mock up of NY plates on a CLS.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
sorry chief i dont carry around a camera with me, i just happened to have one on me for a construction job site walk thru and that cls happened to be parked in the same lot as me. scouts honor
Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 PM

sorry chief i dont carry around a camera with me, i just happened to have one on me for a construction job site walk thru and that cls happened to be parked in the same lot as me. scouts honor
OK
Old 06-01-2005, 02:52 PM

360 Spider
I'll take a 1995 850CSi with low miles.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ///CLKfiftyfive
I'll take a 1995 850CSi with low miles.
Actually you would probably take about 8 or 9 of them for the price of 1 CLS. LOL.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:50 AM
Banned

05 SL55, 04 E500, 02 S500, 03 C230 SS, 04 CL500
LOL, started to buy one, after I heard about all this garbage I was like nah
Old 06-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Banned

05 SL55, 04 E500, 02 S500, 03 C230 SS, 04 CL500
I dont like the 645 either, put me in a 5 series
Old 06-03-2005, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
If in fact you believe the car is anything but rare, why would you think you have spotted the one car from this one dealership and identified it as my car?!

If, as you say, there are 100's of CLS citings that you make each week, would it not be ludicrous to think that this ONE CLS belongs to me?...too funny.

p.s., here's a clue, living in NYC, mine would have NYC plates, dontcha think? ...should be easy to spot though, based on the fact that the car is so rare.

My challenge to you: since you seem to spot CLS's all over NYC and since you seem to (like a good boyscout) carry around a camera wherever you go, snap a shot of ALL the CLS's you spot in one week with NY plates. Then we'll revisit this thread in one week's time and see what you've come back with.

p.s. no cheating with photoshop or some other BS mock up of NY plates on a CLS.
as weird as it might sound its very possible for alot of cars in nyc to have jersey plates ppl have to drive to work every day etc etc not to mention if they have a summer residence in jersey they can probably insure their car(s) there for a much cheaper price
Old 06-03-2005, 03:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600

I've been following this thread and I don't see the relationship between a dealer's annual CLS allowance and the car's desirability. Who gives ***** how many CLSs there are in NYC. Personally, I wasn't impressed with the CLS500. I've never driven the AMG. Sure it's cute, but trust me they will become ubiquitous. Just like every other MB model (excpet for perhaps the CL). In general, the 645 is a fine coupe with good road manners. It's not a sedan pretending to be a coupe.

It's good that you're enthusiastic about your car, but it doesn't surprise me that someone had quality problems with their new CLS. It's no secret about this brand. I've had electronic glitches on both my SL and CL and my next car may be a BMW. At least BMW still provides vehicle maintenance and has better resale than MB. For the money, I think the BMW was the right choice.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WIldcat465
I've been following this thread and I don't see the relationship between a dealer's annual CLS allowance and the car's desirability. Who gives ***** how many CLSs there are in NYC. Personally, I wasn't impressed with the CLS500. I've never driven the AMG. Sure it's cute, but trust me they will become ubiquitous. Just like every other MB model (excpet for perhaps the CL). In general, the 645 is a fine coupe with good road manners. It's not a sedan pretending to be a coupe.

It's good that you're enthusiastic about your car, but it doesn't surprise me that someone had quality problems with their new CLS. It's no secret about this brand. I've had electronic glitches on both my SL and CL and my next car may be a BMW. At least BMW still provides vehicle maintenance and has better resale than MB. For the money, I think the BMW was the right choice.
Good for you...
Old 06-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by WIldcat465

It's good that you're enthusiastic about your car, but it doesn't surprise me that someone had quality problems with their new CLS. It's no secret about this brand. I've had electronic glitches on both my SL and CL and my next car may be a BMW. . At least BMW still provides vehicle maintenance and has better resale than MBFor the money, I think the BMW was the right choice.
Oops!...gets Creepiest Post of Week from me

Let me see if I understand this: you've never driven the AMG, but you advise and counsel like you've owned one for the last 10 years. You're also probably the first person I've ever heard call AMG "cute"!

My original point was that the car is in limited supply and another poster indicated he sees them all the time. Also, you seem to think there's no connection between limited production/availability and price, but then how do you explain a premium being charged for the car?

Then when you say "At least BMW still provides vehicle maintenance and has better resale than MBFor the money, I think the BMW was the right choice." Did I miss something here: does MB no longer provide maintenance contracts for their vehicles? Further, can you prove to me that MB's devalue quicker than BMW's?

The BMW line is SOOOO outdated, it's not even funny and the only thing that saved them over the past few years was the X5. Their uninspired line, coupled with the introduction of the new 3 series which is about as design savy as a diesel Yugo will soon crater the what used to be one of the best brands out there.

All the above stated as a former 3 series, 5, 7 and X5 owner!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
lmao on the cute comment, the 55 is anything but cute. i think beast, powerful, bold or somewhere along those lines express the 55 better than cute.

come to think of it, mars red on an SL is kinda cute!

Last edited by BklynBenz; 06-06-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:04 PM

lmao on the cute comment, the 55 is anything but cute. i think beast, powerful, bold or somewhere along those lines express the 55 better than cute.

come to think of it, mars red on an SL is kinda cute!
Cracked me up as well...hey, dontcha think that new Ferrari 430 is the cutest car on this planet?! Kinda cute for me would be Paris Hilton in a red 360.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:01 PM

2001 E55 & 1988 BMW M6
Originally Posted by john87699
Actually you would probably take about 8 or 9 of them for the price of 1 CLS. LOL.
your relative pricing is just a bit off the mark:

http://spiritofmunich.com/95~850CSi/Page.html

given that only about 200 were ever made over the two year period '94-'95, this example at 69,000 miles for $46k seems fairly priced. Low milage cars will push through $60k - if you can find one... truly a "rare" car - even by NYC standards ( )
Old 06-12-2005, 11:48 AM
mashimaro1985

I am happy with my cls55 280miles no problems so far.

I for one do not like bmw beverly hills ( I hate all the sales person ) they suck! ( they question me are you here to try our cars ) with that tone like ( questioning my ability to purchase a bmw car ) i hate them ewww cant stand it.

honestly speaking bmws make way better motors then benz. Is just that when you drive a benz is a whole different calibur from bmw. I dunno thats how i feel anyways. Bmw = BE MORE WORRIED

my friend in indonesia had a 760 the new one system got locked down no one could get out of the car windows wont open engine wont start took 30 mins before the family got out of the car. they sued bmw got rid of it bought S600 2005 LOL and they are never happier.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:57 PM

Mercedes all the way!
heh, mashimaro, what exactly do u mean "bmws make way better motors then benz"? you talking about the engines there? i think the new generation engines out of merc can quite easily eat their bmw counterparts for lunch and dinner!

i'm not sure, but, like mashimaro suggested, i've never had a problem with any of my benzes before. makes me wonder where all the "quality-problems" went to :P i once suggested this: perhaps RHD mercs are somehow more reliable as there are less of them around? most of the strange problems i've heard of come from cars from MBUSA. just a theory... =)