CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Cls320cdi

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Talking Cls320cdi

Delivery date confirmed as september on new CLS320CDI , taken the factory collection route .

One option I do want is a towing package anyone know who is manufacturing a unit with a quick release tow ball?

CLS specification ordered.

320CDI in INDIUM Grey, Airmatic, Black Leather, Memory Dynamic heated Ventilated Seats, Distronic, thermotronic climate control, Keyless Go, parking sensors, Designo Piano Black Trim including Steering wheel and Gear Shift, Command including telephone system & TV + Harmon Kardon, Linguatronic, Active xenons, Sunroof, Rear Blind, Remote boot Close, Garage Remote.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:12 PM

Airbus
Congratulations! By the way what is Linguatronic?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:29 AM

SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Originally Posted by MDCLS
By the way what is Linguatronic?
Linguatronic Code 390, voice command for some of the functions of the command system, Nav, CD changer, radio, phone, I find it invaluable.

Liftman
Old 07-20-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
Cls 320cdi

I have also got my date confirmed as 24th August in Iridium Silver with full Amg Body Kit & wheels etc !! Note that you have opted for the Lingutronic option again , do you really use it to its full use, I know I never used it & usually just did it manually . [Fitting a chip will give the 320 CDI stonking performance 0-60 5.5 sec approx]

Regards Eck

CLK 270 CDI 03/03 [Soon to go] 245Bhp Obsidian metallic black , full factory fit amg kit , 18" Amg factory fit alloys , Full Command/ Sat nav + [Tv Courtesy of Steve from N/L ]
Linguatronic , Auto climate control , Full memory seats /Steering , Automatic/Tiptronic , Full leather napa/two tone , Brabus Twin chrome tail pipe , Tinted Windows , Bi xenon , Rain Sensitive Wiper's , Keyless go , Tuning Chip , K & N Air Filter . Other toy Mv Agusta F4 Fully Tuned ,BMW 1 Series

Old 07-20-2005, 06:41 PM

2007 ML 320CDI
Can't believe they came up with a Diesel...is it quick?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM

SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Originally Posted by Dieselydoes it
I have also got my date confirmed as 24th August in Iridium Silver with full Amg Body Kit & wheels etc !! Note that you have opted for the Lingutronic option again , do you really use it to its full use, I know I never used it & usually just did it manually . [Fitting a chip will give the 320 CDI stonking performance 0-60 5.5 sec approx]

Regards Eck

CLK 270 CDI 03/03 [Soon to go] 245Bhp Obsidian metallic black , full factory fit amg kit , 18" Amg factory fit alloys , Full Command/ Sat nav + [Tv Courtesy of Steve from N/L ]
Linguatronic , Auto climate control , Full memory seats /Steering , Automatic/Tiptronic , Full leather napa/two tone , Brabus Twin chrome tail pipe , Tinted Windows , Bi xenon , Rain Sensitive Wiper's , Keyless go , Tuning Chip , K & N Air Filter . Other toy Mv Agusta F4 Fully Tuned ,BMW 1 Series

The chip mod would be very interesting let me know who is offering it, had some bad news on the delivery date, although build brought forward to 2nd week of August as the interior trim is designo a tentative revised date of Mid October .

Caused a bit of consternation at MB when they asked what date I would like to collect from factory suggested mid September, nothing like a bit of pressure.

On the linguatronic, I find that the navigation works a treat with it especially on the continent, phone works well, radio favourites fine, some abortive results usually at high speed lots of road noise, not a lot of money for the option.

Regards

Liftman

Link to MB UK price and spec’s PDF

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/media_library/unitedkingdom/mpc_unitedkingdom/passenger_cars/products/pdfs/2005_cls-class_price.object-Single-MEDIA.tmp/0506-30_CLS-Class_final.pdf
Old 07-27-2005, 03:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
CLS 320CDi

Hi there I will give you more details Including exact price when I get it fitted ,some where round about the 28Th August I hope .[DMS Automotive]
I also note that you had Mp3 type system fitted in your E320 CDI , is this something youre thing about in the CLS & if so is it easy to fit?

Krgds
Alex
Linguatronic , Auto climate control , Full memory seats /Steering , Automatic/Tiptronic , Full leather napa/two tone , Brabus Twin chrome tail pipe , Tinted Windows , Bi xenon , Rain Sensitive Wiper's , Keyless go , Tuning Chip , K & N Air Filter . Other toy Mv Agusta F4 Fully Tuned ,BMW 1 Series [CLS on order]
Old 08-07-2005, 04:42 PM

SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Alex,

Since spoken to Brabus, they have a mod due to upgrade power 272BHp, also 0-60 and Torque improvement, no final details yet, however ball park £2200 ($4000)for mod, ECU replacement. One point I was worried about is the Mercedes Drive Line element of the warrantee, Brabus work with MB and it is shares some board members I believe and MB Drive line warrantee is they tell me not an issue.

The CLS Brabus catalogue is interesting, with some Gee whiz items like external sill illumination, and it looks from pictures that rear apron is diffused and externally illuminated.

On the MP3 this was Command software mod undertaken by Mercedes see PM.

Regards

Liftman
Old 08-17-2005, 04:29 PM

2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
Originally Posted by liftman
320CDI in INDIUM Grey, Airmatic, Black Leather, Memory Dynamic heated Ventilated Seats, Distronic, thermotronic climate control, Keyless Go, parking sensors, Designo Piano Black Trim including Steering wheel and Gear Shift, Command including telephone system & TV + Harmon Kardon, Linguatronic, Active xenons, Sunroof, Rear Blind, Remote boot Close, Garage Remote.
Anything you didn't order? I did the factory collect w/ tour of course... and I loved it. Very interesting indeed!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:30 PM

SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Originally Posted by matsna
Anything you didn't order? I did the factory collect w/ tour of course... and I loved it. Very interesting indeed!
Thanks for the info I hope to have some fun with the trip,

(I forgot my wife is going as well ),

There were a couple of things missed, AMG trim/wheels, tyre pressure monitor, 2 items I wanted I cannot have, Tow pack, preheating / cooling system.

Oh and one stupid thing you cannot have thro loading on a Right hand drive vehicle, its in the centre of vehicle within rear arm rest why RHD is different to LHD is a puzzle?

I cover about 35k per year UK & Europe no point in being uncomfortable, added AMG rear spoiler last week, may go with ECU upgrade undecided on that one at moment.

Liftman