CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

chips on your car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MGT, 12 CLS63 Launch
chips on your car

i dunno if its just me but my cls seems very septible to chips from rocks and road debre... I had the car for alil over a month and i have chips right by the rear fender above where the plastic covering is and on my front a-pilar. anyone have this problem?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
In fact I find that the CLS is less susceptible than the ‘03 e320 – so far. It’s been almost 3 months, may be too soon to tell.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Chips

I have heard 2 theories on this. One is that paint on newer cars is water based and therefore will tend to chip more.

The other theory is tha MB is adding tiny ceramic particles to its clear coat paint called nano technology. This improves scratch and possibly chip resistance.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus
I believe in the Nano technology. We have lots of gravel trucks on the road here and there is a big difference with the MB compared to past cars. However if they can find a barrier that can keep idiots away.

Sorry don't want to hijack the thread.
The CLS got hit again. My wife was picking up the daughter's friend and was hit by an uninsured drugged up kid on a motorcyle. Wife said it took 1hr for Metro to arrive. In the meantime, he handed his buddy a bag and his buddy took off on another motorcyle. Daughter's friend had her camera phone and took pictures of everything. No estimate yet but a rear wheel is scraped and will need replaced as does the wheel liner and rocker panel. It is cracked and split where it flares near the rear wheelwell. Doesn't appear to be any body damage but Air suspension must be checked for damage. No vibration. The officer was still handing out tickets as she left. The best part was yesterday she see's the same dumbazz on his bike in the same area.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
My thoughts on these idiots!!!!!

Originally Posted by MDCLS
I believe in the Nano technology. We have lots of gravel trucks on the road here and there is a big difference with the MB compared to past cars. However if they can find a barrier that can keep idiots away.

Sorry don't want to hijack the thread.
The CLS got hit again. My wife was picking up the daughter's friend and was hit by an uninsured drugged up kid on a motorcyle. Wife said it took 1hr for Metro to arrive. In the meantime, he handed his buddy a bag and his buddy took off on another motorcyle. Daughter's friend had her camera phone and took pictures of everything. No estimate yet but a rear wheel is scraped and will need replaced as does the wheel liner and rocker panel. It is cracked and split where it flares near the rear wheelwell. Doesn't appear to be any body damage but Air suspension must be checked for damage. No vibration. The officer was still handing out tickets as she left. The best part was yesterday she see's the same dumbazz on his bike in the same area.
Round 'em all up and gas 'em. Consider gassing the sympathizers as well!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:08 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by traumadoc
MB is adding tiny ceramic particles to its clear coat paint called nano technology. This improves scratch and possibly chip resistance.
MBZ nanopaint
The ceramic particles rise to the surface during the curing process, forming platelets and resulting in multiple layers of surface protection demonstrated to be 5X harder or more resistant to most causes of paint damage. Awesome stuff. Hearsay has it that if I am getting a Bugatti Veyron that it will have the MBZ nanopaint on it. The paint is that good.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MGT, 12 CLS63 Launch
i guess the nano helps but it just seems like the front wheel seems to kick up more gravel and rocks more on the cls than on my e
Old 01-08-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
the 20 inch rims? I think maybe the bottom of the door curves in more than the E as well.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:34 PM
ON PROBATION

Alot of guys use the 3M film for protection in the problem areas. I use it on my fogs on alot of my cars....