CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Hid Lighting Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hid Lighting Help

hey guys i was wondering i have a cls500 with the regular lights, now my question is if i purchase the complete xenon lights with the whole headlight will this be a direct plug in or will i have to modify??? also does anyone know th part # of the xenon headlight??
Old 06-04-2006, 02:44 PM

it will most likely be a direct plug and play (if in fact the CLS bixenon assemblies include igniter and ballast - i'll double check on this) - what you'll probably need is the version coding from the dealership who, I hope, will be very kind to you.

I've upgraded CLS lowbeams to 6000K before, trust me, you'll want small hands to do it .

flip
Old 06-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by JP@CarLAB
it will most likely be a direct plug and play (if in fact the CLS bixenon assemblies include igniter and ballast - i'll double check on this) - what you'll probably need is the version coding from the dealership who, I hope, will be very kind to you.

I've upgraded CLS lowbeams to 6000K before, trust me, you'll want small hands to do it .

flip
thanks for the advice i just need to find the lights now???
Old 06-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

flip
could i just put in a after market hid kit?? or is that not the way to go on a car like this??
Old 06-04-2006, 02:51 PM

Well yes, you could just get aftermarket HID kits but most people do prefer that awesome bixenon look. So your car doesn't look like this? (We upgraded his lights).

Old 06-04-2006, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 06cls
could i just put in a after market hid kit?? or is that not the way to go on a car like this??
Without HIDs your CLS will take a standard H7 HID conversion kit - of which I've got a ridiculous amount in stock .

flip
Old 06-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Well yes, you could just get aftermarket HID kits but most people do prefer that awesome bixenon look. So your car doesn't look like this? (We upgraded his lights).

my headlights look just like that..???? hmmm im confused???
Old 06-04-2006, 03:09 PM

my headlights look just like that..???? hmmm im confused???
Yeah, but you didn't order the car with the HID lighting package correct? Because then I would certainly get an HID conversion kit.

flip
Old 06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Yeah, but you didn't order the car with the HID lighting package correct? Because then I would certainly get an HID conversion kit.

flip
correct i dont have the factory $1,200 installed bixenon kit. what are my option the car looks great and im getting some rims but the lights drive me nuts they look horrible compared to ones with the hid's .... help? can you help out let me know my options. another thing that drives me crazy is the daytime driving lights the little bulbs at the very bottom of the housing its a small bulb that i need to change also. it more yellow then the sun hahahahaha
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 PM

correct i dont have the factory $1,200 installed bixenon kit. what are my option the car looks great and im getting some rims but the lights drive me nuts they look horrible compared to ones with the hid's .... help? can you help out let me know my options. another thing that drives me crazy is the daytime driving lights the little bulbs at the very bottom of the housing its a small bulb that i need to change also. it more yellow then the sun hahahahaha
Yup, then you're a perfect candidate for my HID conversion kits . For those city lights just get some PIIA extreme whites, you'll never perfectly match because they're not HIDs themselves (just small 5Watters).

My 6Ks look like this at night (it's more blue in a picture, but pure white in reality).

flip
Old 06-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Yup, then you're a perfect candidate for my HID conversion kits . For those city lights just get some PIIA extreme whites, you'll never perfectly match because they're not HIDs themselves (just small 5Watters).

My 6Ks look like this at night (it's more blue in a picture, but pure white in reality).

flip
those look good.. how much is a kit for my vehichle? now i have installed a hid kit on my ford pickup is it going to be any different?? will there be any problems with anything else??? also what are the bulb sizes of the bulbs in the bumper corners and and those little lights we were talkin about that are on all the time??? maybe we can make a set deal??
Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 PM

those look good.. how much is a kit for my vehichle? now i have installed a hid kit on my ford pickup is it going to be any different?? will there be any problems with anything else??? also what are the bulb sizes of the bulbs in the bumper corners and and those little lights we were talkin about that are on all the time??? maybe we can make a set deal??
YGPM .

flip
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 PM

'06 CLS500, '03 SLK320, '04 4RUNNER

Deosn't look like what? What's wrong with this car?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:25 AM

? - There's nothing wrong with that car. I was trying to figure out his question .

flip