CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Did you guys see UniqueAutosports show on SpeedTV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
Did you guys see UniqueAutosports show on SpeedTV?

they took 3 CLS500's and modded them out in a day. complete "Lorenzo" body package as Will Castro (owner) called it... BTW, is there a Lorenzo package? i thought only Lorinser???

anyways, 21" paint matched wheels, upgraded wood dashes, suade headliners, exhaust (again Lorinser muffler but pipe bent for rest of it), full body kit, and stereo. looked pretty tight, but i wonder how much he charged for that work... im guessing its rediculous!

anywho...just thought i'd post it, perhaps you can catch a re-run.
Aj
Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 AM

You can also get it on iTunes if you are interested. It is the episode titled "Revenge of the Benz"...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:06 AM

05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
I saw it... I think one of the CLS's was Marcus Camby's from the "Nugs"... I watch the show alot for the cars but hate the constant bickering and crap that goes on in the shop... Soap Opera stuff but I guess it makes for good TV for some... I also wondered how much they are charging for their work and I bet it's outrageous... Seems ALL the clients are Pro basketball, football, baseball players or Rap stars, etc., so they must be all well papered $$$... I did catch one guy say they were charging one CLS owner $10k per wheel which seemed pretty unrealistic...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I saw an episode where a kid (21?) bought his 350z in for some "stereo work".They quoted him $20,000.00 ish.The kid was sitting in Will's office and said he had "to make a phone call".Will said here"use my phone" he then looked at the camera and said "for 20 grand he can use my phone for that call".Needless to say the work was never done.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:19 PM

07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
yea, i saw the show again last night... Nolan is their new guy, and he left b/c he thought they did ****ty work. i would have to agree, b/c all the work "Unique" really does is bolt on chit. they don't do any body fab, paint, custom molding, etc... yea, i'll give them the fact that they can do stereos and boxes, but THATS IT! Rest of the stuff is all bolt on crap. the benz episode, what they bolted on 3 Lorinser body kits and slapped some 20's on. how hard is that, i can do it in my garage in a few hours....

Personally, WEst Coast Customs is the shop, they fabricate and do ALL their own work... now thats "Unique"...LOL

Aj
Old 02-01-2007, 02:45 PM

09 E350 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
Not a big fan of UA I think their work is so-so. For the money that they charge for that crappy job that they do it better be made of some unique *****. I can tell you one thing this guy can sell his crap to some people who wants to waste their money. I can't say he's dumb he is successful at what he does and by the looks of things business will be good.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 PM

2002 E55 & 1995 SEAGRAVE
At UA you get people that come to the shop and pick a rim out of a mag and then say WOW what a great job. For the most part the crap is easy. I did hear him mention that one of the kit ran 20k for the CLS. If you listen to them talk they always give the wrong model for the cars and the show is full of BS. I don't want to see Will at beach with his family or the other guy at the dentist. I want to see hot cars and chicks. He has to be overcharging these guys by the thousands.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:40 AM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
That show is so washed up. Its all about spray can interiors. Remys stereo system is always plexy glass and neons. I am sure barney could run the show and it would be more entertaining.