CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Just got my 06 CLS 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Just got my 06 CLS 500

Well, I just picked up my 06 CLS 500 yesterday after a 2 week wait. It's Iridium Silver Metallic. I'll post some pics after this snow that is about to hit us for 4 days subsides. In the meantime though, it seems that I got stiffed by the dealership that listed it on the internet on one option. It said online that it had Bi Xenon headlights but low and behold when night time came it had f@#kin halogens!! So I'm supposed to get a call or call them on Monday to try and rectify the situation. My question to everyone is, is it possible to switch the halogens to OEM Bi Xenons?? If so how much and where would I get it done?? This is a huge problem for me. I've had HID's in my last 3 cars, whether stock or aftermarket and will not have halogens in a 56k car. I don't want to go the aftermarket route if I don't have to, so some kind of solution would be great here guys. TIA
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 E350 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
Originally Posted by Inf4life
Well, I just picked up my 06 CLS 500 yesterday after a 2 week wait. It's Iridium Silver Metallic. I'll post some pics after this snow that is about to hit us for 4 days subsides. In the meantime though, it seems that I got stiffed by the dealership that listed it on the internet on one option. It said online that it had Bi Xenon headlights but low and behold when night time came it had f@#kin halogens!! So I'm supposed to get a call or call them on Monday to try and rectify the situation. My question to everyone is, is it possible to switch the halogens to OEM Bi Xenons?? If so how much and where would I get it done?? This is a huge problem for me. I've had HID's in my last 3 cars, whether stock or aftermarket and will not have halogens in a 56k car. I don't want to go the aftermarket route if I don't have to, so some kind of solution would be great here guys. TIA
Got my HID on ebay, but I had to get the setting on the ecu adjusted so it can recognize the HID. I took about 10 mins but the MB dealer was able to do it. You should ask around and see if any MB dealer in your area is willing to do it for you. The original OEM HID assembly is very expensive not to mention the installation of the new headlight. It can be done, if the dealer will be paying then I suggest you go that route. Or you can buy the one in ebay for $130 thats complete with balast and bulb. It's a pita to install then you have to adjust the ecu so the new HID can be recognize. This is necessary otherwise you will have a strobe light like effect at night. Goodluck and congrats on the new ride.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM

2006 CLK350
dont know your entire situation, but what I would try to do first is get back some money from the dealer. You should tell them how much bix lights meant to you and you wouldnt have purchased the car if you knew it came with plain old halogens. Step 2= after you've gotten money back, dont let them sucker you into buying a set for 3-4k from them. tell them you will install a set yourself and you just want them to change the setting from xenon=absent to xenon=present. step 3= buy your own kit off ebay (100-400 bucks) and install it yourself. Now, I'm pretty sure ALL CLS cars come with projectors, whether equipped with HID lights or not. However, I am not sure your LOW and HIGH beams will go on when you "highbeam" with the regular halogen housing. MY guess is, it wont. So, this isnt the route you should take if you really care about it being "bixenon". Hope this helps
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile I agree...

I guess you are right. False advertising is an excellent bargain chip to get your HID's or money back.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
I agree with the our fellow members, you should be able to either have the dealer install them for you at no cost, or refund some of the purchase price.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you in the end!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:55 PM

05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
True Factory Bi-Xenons aren't just bulbs and ballasts, they include lense housings so the light pattern is correct... My local Dealer sells them for my 04CLK 500 for $1600 per side, but buys them from HELLA for $543 each, and they are manufactured by HELLA... For your CLS, you should be able to have the Dealers Parts department look up the Bi-Xenon assembly part numbers and order them factory direct... It wouldn't surprise me it they are in the range of $2000 per side for the CLS... If the car was advertised as having Bi-Xenons and they sold it without, that's "false advertising' and would probably hold up in small claims court if you wanted to go that route although it won't make you any friends at the Dealership... I'd be complaining all the way up the line to the GM if I had to to get the Bi-Xenons installed at their cost...

Last edited by sdunham; 01-25-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM

in your Mom's car
well, i think I'm going to go the aftermarket route with it. It's goin to be too much of a hassle. The dealer is going to pay for it. I've been to a few sites and checked out some HID's. I would really like to get 4300k Phillips bulbs. The best price I found was 498 for the set. Where do you guys recommend looking for a good set and if you have aftermarket HID's on your car can you post some pics?? TIA
Old 02-15-2008, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
no offense but you have to be kidding me, you're going to settle with them just paying $500 for a set to make up for their mistake. If it were me I'd have them install OEM bi-xenons at their expense, otherwise take the car back.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM

CL63
Originally Posted by blazinginder
no offense but you have to be kidding me, you're going to settle with them just paying $500 for a set to make up for their mistake. If it were me I'd have them install OEM bi-xenons at their expense, otherwise take the car back.
ditto
Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
take the car back, settle for $500 d/c, you're *****tin us right?? besides u got ripped u can get a 06 CLS55 for not much more