CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Sunroof Problems??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Sunroof Problems??

Maybe I'm just retarded or there is a problem with my sunroof. When I'm driving down the highway or parked and the sunroof is fully open, I click it forward to close it and it starts going forward and when it gets about 2 inches from closing it shoots backward and stops in the middle. I click the switch forward and the same thing happens. It takes like 4 or 5 times of me randomly clicking the button different ways to get it to close. Has anyone had this problem before??
Old 06-29-2008, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
no, but I've had the same thing happen to my front passenger window.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,421 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Inf4life
I click it forward to close it and it starts going forward and when it gets about 2 inches from closing it shoots backward and stops in the middle. I click the switch forward and the same thing happens. It takes like 4 or 5 times of me randomly clicking the button different ways to get it to close.
Synchronize the sunroof by raising the sunroof completely and holding raise button one second. Check the express-open feature. If the sunroof opens completely, it is synchronized if not, repeat. If this does not work, return to the dealer and request they clean and lubricate the guide mechanism under warranty.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 PM

in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Synchronize the sunroof by raising the sunroof completely and holding raise button one second. Check the express-open feature. If the sunroof opens completely, it is synchronized if not, repeat. If this does not work, return to the dealer and request they clean and lubricate the guide mechanism under warranty.
When you say "raise" you mean clicking the sunroof button up and it cracks the top right??

What is the "express-open feature"??
Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
When you say "raise" you mean clicking the sunroof button up and it cracks the top right??
What is the "express-open feature"??
Yes, button up – rear lifts open. Express open, press the button once and the roof fully opens.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM

in your Mom's car
yea, i did that this morning and it worked. Haven't tried the sunroof thing since then.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Very cool, but you cant do it to fix the side windows can you?
Iv seen it on honda, saab, bmw and benz. You go to put the window up and it kicks back when it hits the top. Is there anythng you can do about that?
Old 07-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm just retarded or there is a problem with my sunroof. When I'm driving down the highway or parked and the sunroof is fully open, I click it forward to close it and it starts going forward and when it gets about 2 inches from closing it shoots backward and stops in the middle. I click the switch forward and the same thing happens. It takes like 4 or 5 times of me randomly clicking the button different ways to get it to close. Has anyone had this problem before??
Have the same issue. Found that holding the button forward instead of just pushing it forward and releasing it will close it.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:44 PM

in your Mom's car
You know what, I did that by accident last night and it closed it. I guess that I'll have to keep doing that to get it to close. It pisses me off like no other though.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
Very cool, but you cant do it to fix the side windows can you? Iv seen it on honda, saab, bmw and benz. You go to put the window up and it kicks back when it hits the top. Is there anythng you can do about that?
The window must be synchronized if it cannot be fully opened (Express-open) or closed (Express-close). Close all doors; switch on the ignition; pull the corresponding switch until the window is completely closed; hold switch for approximately one second. If the problem keeps recurring, the window mechanism needs to be cleaned and lubricated.