Arrow Navteq NOV08 release

Navteq NOV08 navigation DVD to be released week of 11/24/08:

E, CLS, SLK, SL
U00280070809
Old 12-22-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 E450W, 2020 GLC300
Hi konigstiger,

I called MB Palm Springs to inquire about this update. They said it is for MY 08, not for MY 09. The young lady also said that the 09 navigation is updated by connecting the system to a laptop (however my operator's manual says that it is updated by inserting a DVD into the drive in the dash). I'm losing the little confidence I had in this dealer's service department...do you know the straight scoop on this?

I'm also still trying to find a way to get my mirror tilt-down when reversing to work. At this point I'd gladly take it to an independent shop to have it done, if I knew of one that could do it in So Cal.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by BobbyT
Hi konigstiger,

I called MB Palm Springs to inquire about this update. They said it is for MY 08, not for MY 09. The young lady also said that the 09 navigation is updated by connecting the system to a laptop (however my operator's manual says that it is updated by inserting a DVD into the drive in the dash). I'm losing the little confidence I had in this dealer's service department...do you know the straight scoop on this?

I'm also still trying to find a way to get my mirror tilt-down when reversing to work. At this point I'd gladly take it to an independent shop to have it done, if I knew of one that could do it in So Cal.
https://mbworld.org/forums/3229018-post6.html

Have them prove that the new release is not compatible with your vehicle by attempting an update.

‘06 through 09 have the same door control modules all capable of allowing park assist. For ’07 & ’08 instrument cluster (IC) is the same - Jeff explains the SDS procedure to activate https://mbworld.org/forums/3223803-post29.html however, EPC shows the IC changed for ’09, which may be the problem. At the very least, I would request the shop foreman attempt activation using the SDS path suggested with you present in effect proving if it can be done or if the choice has in fact been eliminated.