Poss CLS 350 purchase...advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350
Poss CLS 350 purchase...advice needed

New guy here peeps....

Im considering grabbing a 2005 CLS 350 here is AUS.

The car is is mint shape, having just done 40,000kms and is being sold by the MB dealer who originally sold/ serviced the car in 2005.

The car is unmarked and comes with a FULL 2 yr/nationwide MB Warranty which pretty much covers everything except consumables ie pads, discs ,filters, oils etc.

I guess what Im asking is - is this a good risk / potential purachase? Im a very hands on car guy, so potentially the cost to maintain this car can be very low. The warranty is there for piece of mind to protect against any major meltdowns/$$$$$$.

What do ya'all think?

ALWAYS loved the CLS.....
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM

CLS 350
Anyone?

BTT

Rat
Old 08-03-2011, 02:17 AM

2008 Black CLS 550
Seems like you already like the car and it is a certified pre-owned car so yeah I mean I guess it is a potential buy. I personally would go for 2008+ models but I see that you are in Australia. I do know that car prices in Aus are INSANE! lool... so go with your budget. CLS is the sexiest most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I fell in love with it when I first saw it on road back in 05! Again only you know about your lifestyle and budget.. so if you think CLS is for you, pull the trigger.. you won't regret it! We don't have 350 in US so I don't know how the drive is, btw is it 350cdi? I will give you one suggestion though, I think you should find one with has AMG sports package and premium 2 package. I personally don't like CLS without AMG package and premium 2 will get you xenon lights and 7 logic sound system and the best of all keyless go! For me keyless go is a must! I have never used my key in CLS. Again.. you are in Aus, so I have no idea to how easy it is to find a good used CLS or with the options you want. So look around and if you have found the one you like... go for it!

One question... don't you like white or black cls? Personally for me when it comes to cars, it is black or white and that's it! Black is always my first preference. But if you like sliver, it's all good!

Keep us posted

Last edited by ODoyleRulz; 08-03-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 AM

CLS 350
Originally Posted by ODoyleRulz
Seems like you already like the car and it is a certified pre-owned car so yeah I mean I guess it is a potential buy. I personally would go for 2008+ models but I see that you are in Australia. I do know that car prices in Aus are INSANE! lool... so go with your budget. CLS is the sexiest most fun to drive car I have ever owned. I feel in love with it when I first saw it on road back in 05! Again only you know about your lifestyle and budget.. so if you think CLS is for you, pull the trigger.. you won't regret it! We don't have 350 in US so I don't know how the drive is, btw is it 350cdi? I will give you one suggestion though, I think you should find one with has AMG sports package and premium 2 package. I personally don't like CLS without AMG package and premium 2 will get you xenon lights and 7 logic sound system and the best of all keyless go! For me keyless go is a must! I have never used my key in CLS. Again.. you are in Aus, so I have no idea to how easy it is to find a good used CLS or with the options you want. So look around and if you have found the one you like... go for it!

One question... don't you like white or black cls? Personally for me when it comes to cars, it is black or white and that's it! Black is always my first preference. But if you like sliver, it's all good!

Keep us posted

Thanx for the input !! Its a CLS 350 non diesel.

Yeah, car prices in AUS are a rip off no doubt. Taxes upon taxes and even base prices are a joke. Economies of scale don't help either. On the plus side, they DO hold value very well as compared to other cars in the second had car market.

I would LOVE a white one (Id PREFER white as well) but they are not very common here at all - in fact, I dont believe Ive ever seen a white CLS. The market here for these cars is very convervative for the most part and white/red/ black colours dont seem to sell as well at wholesale so people don't order them/dealers won't stock them.

Trust me when I tell you that you guys Stateside and in Europe are spoiled for choice.

Here this car retailed at 140K NEW back in 2005. I can pull the trigger on it at 59K and it is tax effective for me to own it so it helps as does the full 2 yr MB Warranty.

As I said the car is unmarked and checks out.

Any more thoughts ?

Rat

Last edited by rat bastad; 08-03-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 AM

2008 Black CLS 550
Holy friggin' cows! 59K!!!! LOL! I'm so glad i'm in US :P Yeah man go for it... have you seen the ones with AMG package? I would really recommend to look around and see if you can find one with AMG Package and Premium 2 package. But I guess used car market is not flooded with options like it is here in States. So yeah man.. take a good look at it, drive it and if everything looks good, get it! I LOVE CLS and I'm sure you will too :P
Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 AM

no mb
Holy cow, Aus$59k is US$64k!

Hope the salaries are good there.

Looked into importing?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM

2006 CLS 500
I say pull the trigger.....you won't be dissapointed. I really wanted the CLS 500 w/ the AMG package, however could not find one at the price point I was looking to spend.

I ended up with the 2006 CLS 500 and got it for just under 33K CAD on the road.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM

500 SL R129 and R 320 CDI W251
You shouldn't worry about the price down under, I just picked up my 2005 CLS 350, paid about 90 000 US $.....price as new, just under 200 000 us $.
So stop wining

Back to topic, this engine (M272) has a design flaw. The balanceshaft sprocket goes bad way too early, usually around 100' km. Really expensive job, I had it done to mine now, 10 000 us$ + (I got it partly under warranty).

Google it and you find lots of stuff about this...