CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

AMG bumper fitting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R230 SL500
AMG bumper fitting

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the process of fitting an AMG front bumper to my cls. I already have the bumper skin, grills and fogs. Last week I went to my local MB dealer to get the bumper backing pieces but they supplied the wrong parts. The parts I got are for a non AMG bumper. I raised the issue with them and they say that the bits I got are the only ones listed. The fog light cut outs aren't even close to matching and there is no way of securing the fog light grills or indeed the fog lights themselves. I looked on parts.com and I still can't see the right parts. Can anyone help me please?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by martinopy
Hi everyone, I'm currently in the process of fitting an AMG front bumper to my cls. I already have the bumper skin, grills and fogs. Last week I went to my local MB dealer to get the bumper backing pieces but they supplied the wrong parts. The parts I got are for a non AMG bumper. I raised the issue with them and they say that the bits I got are the only ones listed. The fog light cut outs aren't even close to matching and there is no way of securing the fog light grills or indeed the fog lights themselves. I looked on parts.com and I still can't see the right parts. Can anyone help me please?
Sent you a private message! This forum is not really helpful, its pretty much dead.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by freemanjc
Sent you a private message! This forum is not really helpful, its pretty much dead.
I noticed that. Especially the C219 forum.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 PM

CLS 550

Did you ever get your bumper on?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 PM

R230 SL500
Yeah buddy, got it on, thanks again for your help. My next task is an amg rear bumper but it looks easy enough, just waiting on it getting sprayed.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 cls 63
Originally Posted by freemanjc
is there a more active forum?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:48 AM

CLS 550
Yeah buddy, got it on, thanks again for your help. My next task is an amg rear bumper but it looks easy enough, just waiting on it getting sprayed.
well let me know what you find out I want to do my rear as well. Sendsend me a picture of man so I can see what it looks like.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by yagey
is there a more active forum?
unfortunately I have not seen one yet
Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 AM

CLS500
I want to switch my front bumper to an AMG bumper. Any tips on how to do this? Where to get the AMG bumper and removal, install instructions? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:47 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
W212 E250 BT 4M
I do not think problem is in the forum been dead, but the in the question that most people not interested in. I do not see too many people here replacing their bumpers with AMG, as matter of fact I think more people had body kits installed then replaced their bumpers with AMG bumpers.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys,
I was lucky enough to score a full AMG kit from here.
It was from cls55 2006 Opal Black. Lucky me, it's same as mine.
My mechanic and I swapped all 4 pieces in 8 hrs. Everything was straight forward EXCEPT for the rear bumper. It was a little tricky. The rear took about 3 hrs since there are two 10mm bolts inside the panels. The trunk pieces + bolts removed. It took 3 tries to line up everything correctly. It's worth the effort. Mine was from cls55 so that the rear muffler cut out was bigger than the sports ones. I bought a set of "h" exhaust tips from our vendor here and weld them on after cutting the mufflers. I'm working on AMG big brake kits now... Painted them candy red with new pads+rotors already. Getting the Vellano 20" powder coating now. New tyres are in!!! Carbon fiber interior is being done by OCarbon.com ( our sponsor) as we speak.
AMG body kit from factory fits perfect. I'll put everything together by Spring '14.
Go OEM
Ned
Old 12-06-2013, 09:29 PM

CLS500
Pretty good score Ned. I'm hoping another member converts a black W219 and sells he's AMG kit. Send some pics. Would be great to see they work done on your car. Before and after. Cheers. DEZ