CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Price of CLS500? Autospies says 100k [USA - Los Angeles]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Price of CLS500? Autospies says 100k [USA - Los Angeles]

Wondering if anyone has an idea of how much the cls500 would cost. We were about to put down our non refundable deposoit tomorrow for the 2005 E500 Fully Loaded (Every option including sports package) however I came about this CLS500. To give you some background information we keep going from the E500 to the E55 to the S500 but bottom line is there is no way we are going to be spending over 100k and if possible want to keep it under 90k. I think I might go ahead with the order for the e500 because of this I found out :

Orders are now being taken for the new Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class, which is available in two model versions. The CLS 350, equipped with the new, powerful V6 engine and the 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission, is priced exworks at 54,346 euros, while the V8 CLS 500 is being offered at 67,280 euros.

Taken from:
http://www2.autospies.com/article/in...2&categoryId=1

ROUGH exchange rates means the CLS 500 will be about 100k USD. Don't really want to spend that much when an S-Class could be purchased for cheaper. Does anyone have reliable info as to the cost the new CLS will be ? Thanks for the information.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:35 PM

Make sure that you're not comparing apples to oranges. That euro price may include VAT, and is not representative of what we in the USA will be paying.

US pricing is still to be determined, but will most likely be in the high sixties for the 500 and the high eighties for the AMG 55.

--Matt
Old 11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Man, the US dollar really took a dive these past couple of years....I remember a time when the only thing weaker than the US dollar was the British Pound . I guess the upside to it is that it makes buying in the US seems a lot cheaper to the rest of the world.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:44 PM

CLS-500, SL-500, BOXSTER-S
Asked my dealer about that

I spoke w/ my dealer about the euro price and he told me that cars are more expensive in europe than the US. I verified it w/ current models and he was right.....

The target price, per the dealer, is $65,000.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lirim318
Man, the US dollar really took a dive these past couple of years....I remember a time when the only thing weaker than the US dollar was the British Pound . I guess the upside to it is that it makes buying in the US seems a lot cheaper to the rest of the world.
Well, a weaker dollar actually makes things more expensive for stuff in the US, all other things being equal.

For example, a commodity like a barrel of oil is more expensive in the US than it is in Europe. However, the taxes are much lower in the US, so a refined gallon of gas (or litre of petrol) is much cheaper in the US.

The CLS will definite be less expensive in the US, as The Big Kahuna said. Interestingly enough, Ferraris are much less expensive in Germany than they are in the US. There's a small industry that converts Ferraris to meet EPA/DOT requirements, and that industry exists simply because the price difference is so great.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
In lieu of having prices available locally, many start the conversion game.

Problem is that the car prices are always adjusted to the local market.The larger the market, the more stable it is, at least on the base sticker price.

Larger foreign exchange rate losses are partially shifted via price increases to other countries with smaller marketshare.
This includes Germany which has a significant consumption of low to mid-level models (A/C/E Classes with small engine sizes), yet is a relatively small market of the S/CL/SL models.

So, for example, an SL is not only cheaper in the US because DC is taking a loss here, but also because the German SL price is inflated...

Wolfman
Old 11-10-2004, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
It looks like real price, since they sold on e-bey for $75K, including vacation package.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:29 AM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
CLS Pricing

The US pricing for the CLS55 starts at $85,000 so the CLS500 musy be $20K less. Options increase this of course, but it will be a real struggle to get to $100K even in the CLS55.